World cup 2022 scouting

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If there is any truth in us going after another midfielder, I wouldn't mind if we, instead of Kessie, Rabiot, Amrabat etc. would take a look at no. 24 in Argentina. Enzo Fernandez, 21 year old, playing for Benfica.

Talk of Kane's decline has been circulating since roughly his time in nursery school

Agreed too..Dele was a false 9 and at his best he was world-class. The decline is tragic
Hope for his sake he can summon up some of his not inconsiderable ability and still have a good run somewhere. I remember seeing him talking with Mourinho in that documentary and thinking that, although he listened politely, he had already checked out. Sometimes things come too easily early on.

If there is any truth in us going after another midfielder, I wouldn't mind if we, instead of Kessie, Rabiot, Amrabat etc. would take a look at no. 24 in Argentina. Enzo Fernandez, 21 year old, playing for Benfica.
I really like Parades too

You only have to watch Bellingham to realise he's better than any of the three mentioned though and has a much higher ceiling.

Doesn't matter if it's against Iran, Wales, Senegal or whatever. Watch the footballer. See what, he's good at. I saw Dele stink the joint up in France at Euro 2016. And he was a year older.

If you can see football beyond stats, that is. Even then, he has a hand in 12 goals in 22 games this season.

You can't laugh off other people for saying Kane only scores or performs against the lower clubs only to use that same brush for Bellingham when he's proven it against the very best in Europe. At 19.

You don't have some of the best teams in the world after you for 9 figures if you're not something special and still in your teens. It doesn't happen

So, how did this superstar Bellingham get on against France?

Least number of touches outside of our forwards.
Least number of passes outside of our forwards.
Highest loss of possession.

Anyone paying 80m+ is paying for potential; not a finished product. Like many young players before him, he could have already hit his ceiling.

Smart money would be on Declan Rice.

Anyone paying 80m+ is paying for potential; not a finished product. Like many young players before him, he could have already hit his ceiling.

looks a decent player bellingham but the hype is ridiculous. i dont see a big star in the making. a decent player no doubt but he aint the next big thing in midfield. rice a better player for sure.

like you say some of these players can fade out quite quick, i dont see any sheer raw ability from bellingham that makes you go wow! hes a steady midfielder. he also looks like hes labouring just running about, hes only 19, should be gliding about that pitch at that age.

hes got as much chance of winning a ballon dor as dean marney had of being the next steven gerrard.....

How did superstar Mbappe get on against England?

Forgot to add, 78% pass completion rate. The lowest of every player on the pitch except Kane.

Naaa mate, think he gassed, did huge supportive work whilst France on top then didn’t have the fuel later in game.

Think same happened against USA.

He’s a monster already, just needs tweaking on energy expenditure.

looks a decent player bellingham but the hype is ridiculous. i dont see a big star in the making. a decent player no doubt but he aint the next big thing in midfield. rice a better player for sure.

like you say some of these players can fade out quite quick, i dont see any sheer raw ability from bellingham that makes you go wow! hes a steady midfielder. he also looks like hes labouring just running about, hes only 19, should be gliding about that pitch at that age.

hes got as much chance of winning a ballon dor as dean marney had of being the next steven gerrard.....
Funny thing is the player that Bellingham reminds me most of is the 19-year-old Jenas at Newcastle where he looked like a world beater in the making. Positional changes, injuries, a general loss of belief in himself saw Jenas just fade away as a force.

Last edited:

Agree. He needs to learn to get go backwards and play slowly in order to get his passing stats up. Stop tying to score goals and take risks, but instead tap the ball to and from Luke Shaw and Declan Rice 20 times a game

Agree. He needs to learn to get go backwards and play slowly in order to get his passing stats up. Stop tying to score goals and take risks, but instead tap the ball to and from Luke Shaw and Declan Rice 20 times a game
tumblr_ou2szrYTHJ1u9ikt0o1_540.gif

It's not often I agree with you Zomb, but you're bang on here.
Stats are a great indicator but, same as with everything else, they need to be taken as a whole and in context.
The more adventurous players will always have lower passing stats and higher ball losses because they take risks.

You also have to take into account the fact that he's still a bloody teenager!

Honestly, there's people on here who seem to think that because he's touted as a huge talent, then they should be seeing prime Zidane.

Typical English, the only thing we enjoy more than building a player up, is knocking them down.

Real Madrid and Liverpool have been keeping tabs on Enzo Fernandez for a minute apparently.

It's not often I agree with you Zomb, but you're bang on here.
Stats are a great indicator but, same as with everything else, they need to be taken as a whole and in context.
The more adventurous players will always have lower passing stats and higher ball losses because they take risks.

You also have to take into account the fact that he's still a bloody teenager!

Honestly, there's people on here who seem to think that because he's touted as a huge talent, then they should be seeing prime Zidane.

Typical English, the only thing we enjoy more than building a player up, is knocking them down.
Doesn't Bellingham qualify as Home-Grown for English clubs? There's definitely a premium that will be paid for him based on his nationality, especially within the Premiership.

Back
Top Bottom