WOOP WOOP That's the sound of Tripolis! (Vs Tottenham Hotspur)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did anyone notice Mason's bookings was for a Fazio challenge... You know whilst we're slating the ref?

Also Mick Cooper Mick Cooper may I ask if you've seen the other angles on the Townsend pen? It definitely appears that the guy slides in clumsily and dangerously as Townsend flicks the ball over him resulting in not contact with the ball, though it may have grazed the defenders arm.

Did anyone notice Mason's bookings was for a Fazio challenge... You know whilst we're slating the ref?

Also Mick Cooper Mick Cooper may I ask if you've seen the other angles on the Townsend pen? It definitely appears that the guy slides in clumsily and dangerously as Townsend flicks the ball over him resulting in not contact with the ball, though it may have grazed the defenders arm.
watched it here
http://footyroom.com/asteras-tripolis-1-2-tottenham-hotspur-2014-11/
difficult to see clearly because of the angle and the bodies in the way. It was a bigger clip earlier and from what I saw I thought the tackle was robust and fair.
Kind of moot though, as it was given a pen, and I'm happy that it was a ref error and not a bit of conning by AT

Good penalty though

Last edited:
watched it here
http://footyroom.com/asteras-tripolis-1-2-tottenham-hotspur-2014-11/
difficult to see clearly because of the angle and the bodies in the way. It was a bigger clip earlier and from what I saw I thought the tackle was robust and fair.
Kind of moot though, as it was given a pen, and I'm happy that it was a ref error and not a bit of conning by AT

Good penalty though
Couldn't find one on any of the bloody highlights so signed up to ITV so I could watch the half time bit again. Made this from it, hopefully shows my point a bit better.
veZlsN5.gif

Couldn't find one on any of the bloody highlights so signed up to ITV so I could watch the half time bit again. Made this from it, hopefully shows my point a bit better.
veZlsN5.gif
thanks for that, I appreciate you taking the time to retrieve that.
was it given for the tackle ? He clearly got the ball.
I doubt he could have done much about the handball if there was one though.
Hey - if it was given for the complete package then I don't care
I'd have been pissed if had been given against one of our defenders though.

thanks for that, I appreciate you taking the time to retrieve that.
was it given for the tackle ? He clearly got the ball.
I doubt he could have done much about the handball if there was one though.
Hey - if it was given for the complete package then I don't care
I'd have been pissed if had been given against one of our defenders though.
No problem. I guess it was given because he didn't make contact with the ball until it was half way up his body and it was just stupid. From the initial angle I thought no way that's a penalty but my mind way changed by this. Can't believe they only showed it once... And at half time.

Back
Top Bottom