WOOP WOOP That's the sound of Tripolis! (Vs Tottenham Hotspur)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would. But I would also like to see us be nasty as fuck. Look at the best teams in recent years. Look at a number of their regular starters - Scholes, Keane, Terry, Suarez, Viera - dirty bastards all. Winners too.
You want us to have players like Terry and Suarez in our team? John Terry? Stay classy now...

Just saw the highlights and Fazio's "red and penalty". What an absolute disgrace that was. I've rarely seen anything like it. But anyway, I'm glad we won and at the end of the day the 3 points are all that matter.
Why was his red card a disgrace, mate?

Last man and preventing a clear goal-scoring opportunity - rules are clear

It's more that he's just purely a transitional player and offers no attacking threat.

He's great at holding the ball and advancing it 15 yards, then laying it off sideways. He makes very few mistakes in possession, but offers no creativity or threat. We don't have enough regular goal-threats in order to afford the luxury of a one-dimensional transitional midfielder.

Paulinho is much the opposite. Decent nose for goal but a complete passenger in midfield. It's a shame, if we stuck them in the transport machine from The Fly and fused them into a single man they'd be a fucking incredible midfielder.

Not if it fused together their worst bits. Then you'd have a complete passenger in midfield who is shit at scoring goals.

Or Mezut Ozil as he's more commonly known.

It's more that he's just purely a transitional player and offers no attacking threat.

He's great at holding the ball and advancing it 15 yards, then laying it off sideways. He makes very few mistakes in possession, but offers no creativity or threat. We don't have enough regular goal-threats in order to afford the luxury of a one-dimensional transitional midfielder.

Paulinho is much the opposite. Decent nose for goal but a complete passenger in midfield. It's a shame, if we stuck them in the transport machine from The Fly and fused them into a single man they'd be a fucking incredible midfielder.
We should have sold Dembele and Paulinho in the summer and signed Alex Song.

You are just an abusive oaf!
actually that's not true, I go out of my way not to resort to insulting people.
It's not that I lack the ability to express myself without resorting to insults - its just that I have so little regard for anything that posters the like of you say, I just don't want to.
You made the discussion become personal, when there was no need to do so, so you shouldn't bitch when you get mugged off as a response.

The fact that legoboy agrees with you, pretty much defines you.

He barely touches him. For me there just wasn't enough in it to justify a penalty and a red. I don't even think it was a foul because the player was obviously looking to for it.
The sad thing for me is that the situation being discussed now gets defended with comments like "he should know that the guy is looking for the foul" or 'he should have been smarter than that" Which is nothing more than a complicit acceptance that the attacker is simply going to cheat to try to win something they don't deserve. The guy was losing control and fell over at the slightest touch.
Its an acceptance of the mindset that refs are so gullible they will simply give a pen and possibly a red card, which shows that something fundamental is wrong in the game.
That said, I think that it would have been given elsewhere on the field, so its a penalty. The red card was unnecessary IMV, but if the ref thinks it was a deliberate foul to prevent a goalscoring opportunity he has to give it - personally I think it was just a clumsy challenge.
The guy who put a superb tackle in on Townsend must be fuming, he got the ball with one foot and Townsend went down because the ball stopped and he tripped over it. A piss poor decision which Fazio probably paid for.

The penalty was hip to hip, it was perfectly legal. Hardly a forearm in the back was it.

People (especially pundits) conveniently forget that it's a contact sport. As soon as anyone gets in the box they seem to change the rules to say any contact gives the attacker the right to go down.

It's not a fucking tickling contest, it's a contact sport and what Fazio did was 100% legal.

It was a very very soft Pen but (and i don't agree) a ref will 9/10 time give the pen. Its fucking stupid but thats the way it is. IF it had been against us we would have screamed penalty

The penalty was hip to hip, it was perfectly legal. Hardly a forearm in the back was it.

People (especially pundits) conveniently forget that it's a contact sport. As soon as anyone gets in the box they seem to change the rules to say any contact gives the attacker the right to go down.

It's not a fucking tickling contest, it's a contact sport and what Fazio did was 100% legal.
I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the definition shoulder to shoulder is acceptable?
I agree with what you're saying though, yes its a contact sport and two players running side by side should be given the opportunity to outmuscle each other off the ball, Fazio was being outpaced though and caught the guy as he was making a bollocks of bringing the ball under control, a slide tackle would have been a safer bet from the angle he went at him, as opposed to physical means from slightly behind him.

My only acceptance is that I believe it would have given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch as well.

The ref ignored the Davis penalty appeal in the first half which is just as controversial as the other decisions. - if deemed to be a foul a pen, if deemed to be diving a yellow card for Davis. Neither just played on?
I felt Fazio was very unlucky to be red carded and to get the foul awarded against him, it was harsh. How a ref sees it is down to the individual and on this occasion red card.

Back
Top Bottom