Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always try to tell myself anything can, and probably will, happen. Still a ball of nerves and unable to sleep night before.

Feeling a bit less sick to my stomach this time around, probably has to do with how early it is and us looking more solid in the middle if the park. Still probably won't sleep Saturday.

hate to say it but, having watched their last two games, we need to find a way to keep walcott quiet. most of their goals come through quick counters through him and with our tactic of pushing full backs up the pitch to support the wings I'm worried we'll get done by this. I'm not worried about cazorla so much as he's about to have an introduction to the wall of pain known as dem-pou-linho.

="jmost of their goals come through quick counters through him and with our tactic of pushing full backs up the pitch to support the wings I'm worried we'll get done by this.
I think Walker could be a liability in this game, he's prone to ball watching and makes some silly mistakes and you know if we're gonna look silly it always has to be this fucking one. Too many bad memories I feel sick and it's still 5 days away.

Last edited:
I think our defence has two weaknesses. Set pieces and quick teams playing one twos to get behind our defence. The later worries me against Woolwich. Having said that I think we will open up their defence enough to score several goals and will boss the midfield. This is a game in which I would play both Capoue and Sandro (if fit enough) with Holtby or Paulinho in front, but I have no idea what AVB will do. Goals for both sides I feel.

--------------------Lloris

Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose

-------------Sandro ----- Capoue
--------------------Paulinho
Lennon ------------------------- Townsend
-------------------Soldado

Strong in the middle and quick on the counter. :ledleylick:

Back
Top Bottom