Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could someone explain what Wenger was thinking by removing Jenkison and putting Ramsey and full-back!
I think the idea was to go 3 at the back with Ramsay covering and smother/dominate the midfield. All very well, but for that you need a solid central defence and a midfield that doesn't simply pass the ball in small triangles, going nowhere!

"The suffering [the fans] went through last year was tremendous."

AVB, my hero.

Edit: throughout his post-match interviews, AVB sounded like he had been posting on this forum during his time off from Chelsea last spring. Unreal the kind of stuff he was saying, like how losing to the Wanderers last year really hurt the club and started the spiral, etc. It's like he studied our season last year and doesn't want to replicate the swoon.

Absolutely. Encapsulated the difference between him and Redknapp for me (well, that and the jumping up and down on the touchline and hugging the players). He's not an actual Spurs fan, but he does at least appear to be a footbal fan and understand what it means to support a club.

BEgBHItCEAASgqA.jpg:large

I hope now we'll see less of the comletely unjustified sniping at Daws And Parker.

Daws came back for the first West ham game and IIRC we were below them at the time, we were certainly in a poor run of form. The transformation since he's returned has been immense. Maybe we'll hear less of the totally overstated carping about his long passes and hoofballs. He's a quality defender, he's Mr Spurs, that's what matters.

Now to Scotty, again ridiculously overcriticised since he replaced the 'beast' Sandro.

Well Parker must be a double beast because we've done much better with him in instead of Sandro. 14 points from 6 games, in the reverse 6 games with Sandro in we got a mere 8 points, IIRC.

Now I'm not knocking Sandro, he's a tremendous player, though overrated by some who seem to think he's the next MacKay. or indeed the 'real Mackay' :)

But the carping at Scotty has been all wrong. We're soooooooo lucky we had him to step in at such a crucial time.

Yes him and Moussa will lose the mid battle at times against a team with 3 CMs, it ain't rocket science. But if they can scrape and scuffle through it, we then have a fantastic edge, because like yesterday after Ade went off we field 4 cutting edge players in Bale Lennon Siggy and JD.

We also of course have top players like Daws JV and Hugo behind them.

I fucking hate Monday mornings, but today I have a massive grin on my face. SSN is on the office and I will enjoy seeing our goals throughout the day

Any news about the repercussions of ArseAnal's classy' fans throwing a banana on towards Bale, or the Angola songs that were ringing round the away end???
Points deduction maybe? Nah, doubt it will even get another mention!

I'm just glad that those classless South London vermin have proved themselves to be equally as BAD LOSERS as they USED TO BE BAD WINNERS!

The banana to Bale thing wasn't really racist, even if nasty. As for the Angola thing, that never seems to get any discussion at all. However, the club said it would eject people using unacceptable chants, so does anybody know if anyone got booted out yesterday?

Any news about the repercussions of ArseAnal's classy' fans throwing a banana on towards Bale, or the Angola songs that were ringing round the away end???
Points deduction maybe? Nah, doubt it will even get another mention!

I'm just glad that those classless South London vermin have proved themselves to be equally as BAD LOSERS as they USED TO BE BAD WINNERS!

He zizn't hear it

paxton was indeed excellent yesterday. always there when it matters.
Interesting you say that, what did every one think of the atmosphere yesterday?

I got a last minute ticket off the exchange seated in Paxton lower near side to the West stand. I usually get my tickets in South lower and perhaps I have been spoilt by all these 1882 games but I found it rather odd that every one just sat down and shut up as soon as the ball was kicked, I thought maybe we would get a minute or two of standing and a song or two before settling down.

Any who whilst we were being pinned back early on it was very quiet apart from a few shouts from individuals. As usual Park Lane started every song, myself and a few shouty people around me did our best to get it going around us. When we scored every one went mental and after the second goal the whole stadium was up, every one on their feet singing, it was amazing but I just wish we could generate that kind of noise to try and help score a goal rather than reacting to it.

Some other notable mentions, some one in my block had some home made ticker tape, can't remember when they launched it exactly but it was there. AVB's Blue and White army was strong towards the end of the game, the support in stoppage time was fantastic.

Yes him and Moussa will lose the mid battle at times against a team with 3 CMs, it ain't rocket science.

It's not really Moussa and Parkers fault. At times they get way too little support from the attacking central midfield, with whom it would be a 3 man midfield.

While I am not saying they are lazy, our attacking chain of 3 behind the striker still need to improve the coordination in their pressing game - in particular the early pressing right after we lose the ball, those very important 2-3-4 seconds before a team aligns themselves to find space to become outlets rather than shackle tight to opposition players to deny it.

While I was less than impressed by Arsenals quality yesterday, we still lost out on way too many second balls. Now none of Ramsay, Arteta, W*nkshire or Santi are hard defensive midfielders, yet they have a brilliant reading of play and a timing in their pressing game. That meant, that Woolwich soaked up so many, many clearences, stray passes and deflections outside both boxes and in the middle 3rd.

Our next phase of improving defensively surely is getting our pressing right, being proactive when the "ball is in the air" rather than being reactive and pressing the opposition player, who brings it to his feet on the ground.

The banana to Bale thing wasn't really racist, even if nasty. As for the Angola thing, that never seems to get any discussion at all. However, the club said it would eject people using unacceptable chants, so does anybody know if anyone got booted out yesterday?

Doesn't really need to be racist or nasty, at the end of the day someone still threw a missile at the pitch. Had it been a coin there would have been an outrage. Because it was a slightly comical banana there isn't much mention.

Just got up and realise i am still wearing my latest overpriced spurs shirt, i smell and have a hangover. What to do first , clean up and go so something productive or fix me a rum and coke and watch motd ...

Back
Top Bottom