Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First time I went to the Emirates and they announced the starting line up by saying the first name on the tannoy and letting the crowd shout the last name made me feel so awkward. It's just really creepy.

Couple I got from yesterday, pre-game.

If I'm allowed to say so myself, I love the top photo!
imag0307f.jpg

imag0305l.jpg

Top photo is sweet. Decent AVB squat. But if it was me I'd be doing one of these:

iXJI4nxmxVfaF.gif

Or this:

tumblr_mapz9aB88r1r8e765o1_400.gif

They would prolly throw me out though and I wouldn't get a chance to be so close to Bale's shorts :gomes:

First time I went to the Emirates and they announced the starting line up by saying the first name on the tannoy and letting the crowd shout the last name made me feel so awkward. It's just really creepy.
They do that in a lot of places, like at Parc des Princes. It might be "plastic", but the support has special little ways they say each player's last name.

Edit: Just saw the gelbe Wand do this when Błaszczykowski came off. Verdict: NOT PLASTIC.

This is pretty standard in large chunks of europe, it's a way for the fans to show appreciation of players when they announce the line-up, score or get subbed on/off. I wish it was part of the english tradition as it creates more atmosphere. Imagine having 33K people shouting your last named when you were to play or scored? A damn nice morale boost and you'll definitely want to do all you can to get that tripple last name roar after you score

They do that in a lot of places, like at Parc des Princes. It might be "plastic", but the support has special little ways they say each player's last name.

!Edit: Just saw the gelbe Wand do this when Błaszczykowski came off. Verdict: NOT PLASTIC.

Whilst it's not 'plastic' as such, it is all a little 'manufactured' atmosphere, and, like the Highbury mural back in the day, it just makes it look like Gooners don't KNOW how to generate their own atmosphere without a bit of help from the matchday PA system, or Islington Primary School's end of term art project!
Chelsea's official matchday flags are another example!

Éperons Éperons Fair enough mate, I just dont like it in English football. It has the same effect on me as when promoted teams bring their ridiculous "Chelsea Dagger" goal celebrations up with them. Really grates on me.

Back
Top Bottom