Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck me just imagine how toxic this forum would be if our stats were 2-2-8 instead of 8-2-2 ……..imagine if we were on the same level as Burnley or Bournemouth jaysus

Yes, today's performance and result were very disappointing. But let's keep some perspective here.

We have known from the start of the season that we need a couple of more windows, at least, to have the squad with the necessary chemistry to play a full premiership season in the manner Ange wants the team to play.

The injuries to VDV and Madders, allied to losing Romero and Udogie were catastrophic given our lack of appropriate depth to the squad. Today was always going to be difficult, though the performance was disappointing.

We are in for a very tough few weeks and I think it is an exercise in damage limitation until VDV and Madders are back.

Whatever happens between now and then, I have complete faith in Ange and his plans for the team.

Oh, and fuck the trolls now crawling out to gloat at this setback.

You can't expect too much when you go to Molineux with players like Dier, Davies, Emerson & Hojbjerg in the XI, but it's fucking typical and frustrating that didn't even manage to get a point there after going 1-0 up. Expect more similar performances and results as long as we miss a couple of key players.

A really bad 10 minutes cost us the game... Heads down, regroup and move on... Plus's from today. Dier didn't look terrible, bentecur got minutes... And pretty soon he'll be in contention for a start.. Vic looks better and better with each game..porros set piece deliveries are turning into potential game changers.... Negs Son NOT a great performance. Emerson at lb is to easily found out, his lack of pace is exaggerated by having to turn on his wrong foot, unfortunately... Porro defensively is to easy to 'get behind' .. as I said heads down regroup and move on.

It does seem that way. Crystal Palace were very physical / foul happy too. Maddison was fouled 5 or 6 times by Chelscum & nothing given.
Fulham kicked seven bales of crap out of us......but incredibly........ Fulham didn't get a single yellow card.

And that's the only match the whole season where Fulham haven't had a single yellow card
...they got multiple cards in every match since and every match before our match.

They got 3 the next match and 5 in the match after that against Man United.

If you're wondering....they got 4 yellows and a red against Arse anal.

But miraculously, they suddenly behaved so well against us that they didn't warrant a single yellow.

I love Kane and all, but he’s playing against a bunch of farmers for a huge part. There are a few decent teams. The Bundesliga isn’t comparable to the Premier League. I know they’ll have a crack at winning the CL, and it’s not a knock on Kane at all. But the time and space they’re afforded there compared to the Premier League is just night and day.
Those farmers gave constantly given us a hiding. If they are farmers, what are we?

If having space is what Harry needed, why did we not get a Maddison years ago. It would have been so different if we had a Maddison in the midfield and a half decent defence.

Added to that, we don't have any backup to any of our first team squad.

I'll tell you why. I rarely post here, but you caught me on a bad day.

You post your little “Dier is shit” post, get your tiny endorphin boost from 2 other smooth-brains liking it and then post exactly the same thing 10 minutes later. Seriously, how fucking empty is your life to get joy from that?

Day after day you just jump on the latest bandwagon - Porro can’t defend, Romero is a liability, Son has gone, hey “insert name here” get out of my club.

It’s fucking pathetic - we were 5 minutes from going top of the league after a shit performance after plenty of excellent games. TOP OF THE LEAGUE - and you spent the whole match spitting bile at what are meant to be your own players.

You’ve posted 17,000 times - I doubt very much you’ve EVER written anything insightful and intelligent that actually adds to the conversation.

You are like the bored bloke I used to sit behind week after week on the old East stand - just grumbling and complaining about every missed pass and insulting our players.

Give it a fucking rest.

Damn, bro was cooking

You can’t build a team around a player that doesn’t want to stay at the club.

We made the best of a bad situation, selling him abroad rather than a PL rival, and got a good price rather than him going on a free.
Sorry but the " didn't want to stay" is a bunch of Hogwash. Had Harry lifted a trophy, he would have stayed with a smile on his face.

Those farmers gave constantly given us a hiding. If they are farmers, what are we?

If having space is what Harry needed, why did we not get a Maddison years ago. It would have been so different if we had a Maddison in the midfield and a half decent defence.

We tried to get Maddison a couple of years ago but guess who turned him down :contekiss:

Livescore said there were about 20 fouls by Wolves but no bookings for them in 90 minutes. They don't include the fouls the ref didn't give which were about the same number. So 40 fouls and no yellows. Spurs also committed 15 fouls. So it must have been a really dirty game and only Spurs got 3 bookings in the 90 mins.
He also added 6 minutes with no reason why as the game flowed non-stop. He added an extra 2 until Wolves scored.
Spurs are getting refereeing treatment no other team IN THE WORLD are getting and it's a corrupt scandal this is happening. As soon as Tottenham look like they can win the league the refs do a "Chris Foy" and scupper any dreams with pure cheating.
Most of the people on this forum are oblivious to this it seems!

Last edited:
today was shit. But 4 players out (5 including Richi) would be difficult for any team to deal with.

It’s a long season, and we all knew let’s face it that it was always going to take time to reset post the dinosaur managers. That we got loads of points early was a really unexpected bonus but we know it’s going to take one or two more transfer windows to have the route squad to play full on Angeball

We’ll get there

Spurs vs Munich's fellow Bundeslige opposition in recent history:

v Frankfurt - 1 W / 1 D = Unbeaten.
v Dortmund - 4 W / O D = Unbeaten.

He's been on our radar for years; but ya boy Conte didn't want him.

That's a straight up lie.

I thought so too. He hasn’t been the best for us but more of a Maddison replacement than PEH.

Especially with Royal starting at LB. He still offers nothing going forward.

We can’t expect to have a Maddison replacement p just sitting on bench most of the season. Never going to happen.

What we need is a player who can still help control the midfield. In Maddison’s absence we need our wingers to really step up.

You can't expect too much when you go to Molineux with players like Dier, Davies, Emerson & Hojbjerg in the XI, but it's fucking typical and frustrating that didn't even manage to get a point there after going 1-0 up. Expect more similar performances and results as long as we miss a couple of key players.
s o dont play that shit tikki takka angle ball risky passing in your own box..
1-0 with 5 minutes = game management time.
GAME MANAGEMENT or still-5-min-for-slick-passing. YOu want to grab the points or do u rather showcase your identity with all the second stringers???

Back
Top Bottom