Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The result was not really unexpected with the players we had missing. We had possession but could not create chances and the low number of actual shots on target from our full strength front 3 was disappointing. I kept expecting Wolves to score during the match with their pressure but losing the last minute goal was a killer. It will be some time before it gets better with Maddison out until January.

Nope.

High-, low-, intermediate or intergalactic block, the three of them plus Hojbjerg should be put out to grass.

The fact that Davies is touted as our MoM says a lot.

Well it says that too many others (not just whipping boys like Dier & PEH!) didn't play as well as they ought to.

Today's loss was as much down to the loss of Chelsea

Gave it way too much intensity and over importance and let down by Romero.

We're not so good that we can lose 5 players. It's not possible and that's the perspective
We knew that from the Fulham league cup. I would like to see some youth come into the side but not easy to give them a platform to shine when we are all over the place

Because we have up until Monday been playing well and with the injuries stacking up our end the prospect of them being ahead of us by Christmas looks pretty real

They're terrible.

They're just as likely to go and lose to Everton after the international break.

They're also a year and a half ahead of us.

So weird analysis.

To 90 mins great. Obstinate .
97 mins blame game. We weren't great but had done the hard graft and looked better with Gil and Lo Celso.

Wonder goal and Lemina.

The truth is we were average and Wolves for 70 mons were better.

We needed players before we lpst 5. We need them even more now.

Top 8 is us maybe.
Gil and Lo Celso seem to be unable to handle the physicality of the Prem. Not sure if it improved that much with their introduction for me.

I'll tell you why. I rarely post here, but you caught me on a bad day.

You post your little “Dier is shit” post, get your tiny endorphin boost from 2 other smooth-brains liking it and then post exactly the same thing 10 minutes later. Seriously, how fucking empty is your life to get joy from that?

Day after day you just jump on the latest bandwagon - Porro can’t defend, Romero is a liability, Son has gone, hey “insert name here” get out of my club.

It’s fucking pathetic - we were 5 minutes from going top of the league after a shit performance after plenty of excellent games. TOP OF THE LEAGUE - and you spent the whole match spitting bile at what are meant to be your own players.

You’ve posted 17,000 times - I doubt very much you’ve EVER written anything insightful and intelligent that actually adds to the conversation.

You are like the bored bloke I used to sit behind week after week on the old East stand - just grumbling and complaining about every missed pass and insulting our players.

Give it a fucking rest.

Not Spurs clearly mate!

What a load of fucking shite

23 fouls before the first yellow was given to them.

About 4 fouls for us before our first yellow.

It's becoming a pattern.

It does seem that way. Crystal Palace were very physical / foul happy too. Maddison was fouled 5 or 6 times by Chelscum & nothing given.

After all my enthusiasm about Monday proving the old Spurs are dead and buried, this was a classic Spurs match. Dominate possession, but do fuck all with it, take only a handful of shots, concede late to blow an early lead to a club our reserves should see off.

Frustrating. Proves just how important Maddison is, and just how desperately we need to find an understudy for him.

Maybe Conté and Mourinho knew something most didn't. Going Gung ho with the defence you saw today, will never work.

Ange Ball (That everyone seems to be raving about), needs defenders who can defend and play the ball from the back. Hoofing the ball is a NoNo. Can't do that with defenders that can't play football.

Maybe wisdom lays in the words of managers that have won multiple EPL titles by building great teams of 'Their Choice'. This DNA and style bullshit is exactly that shit we are fed to make us feel better
Wtf did you watch??? Going gung ho was not the problem today, quite the opposite in fact. We got the goal early and then played Jose/Conte terrorismball for a full 90 minutes before predictably conceding not one but two sucker punches...

It was the exact same issue we've seen time and time again under previous managers, inviting pressure onto our shit defenders.

Had Ange backed up all his talk and simply gone with the next in line like for like for Maddison then maybe we'd have played something more like our normal game.

Dropping Hojbjerg in for Maddison is gonna change the way the team plays, no matter how snappy your soundbite on the matter is, pretending otherwise is fucking stupid and if it happens again after today then I'll be fucking annoyed.

Wtf did you watch??? Going gung ho was not the problem today, quite the opposite in fact. We got the goal early and then played Jose/Conte terrorismball for a full 90 minutes before predictably conceding not one but two sucker punches...

It was the exact same issue we've seen time and time again under previous managers, inviting pressure onto our shit defenders.

Had Ange backed up all his talk and simply gone with the next in line like for like for Maddison then maybe we'd have played something more like our normal game.

Dropping Hojbjerg in for Maddison is gonna change the way the team plays, no matter how snappy your soundbite on the matter is, pretending otherwise is fucking stupid and if it happens again after today then I'll be fucking annoyed.
100 f’in%. Ange played it very safe today.

WTF was Ange thinking starting Hojberg? - Hojberg is horrible against a pressing side.

There was absolutely no creativity from the midfield - Try GLC at 10 or Kulu at 10 and Gil out wide. Hojberg, Biss and Sarr as a midfield 3 = 17 shots for Wolves and 6 to us.

We also don’t press very much high up the pitch today.

Back
Top Bottom