Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same here I often don’t see us keep going and then like b Fulham or palace they get a goal and we are then holding on.
I like the direction we're going in, I just hope that the Manager does stick to his ideals and is given the tools to do so, it's still very early days and I'm just being impatient and greedy in wanting to see us blowing teams away by 4 or 5, when in reality we don't have the goalscorers or creative depth to keep that up yet.

Okay we're on full on tin foil hate mode here it seems.
I hate it when people do this l, I don't particularly have a dog in this fight but debate his points rather than the tedious and easy out of just calling him a conspiracy theorist.

I will say this, in life whoever shouts loudest tends to get there way, and if I'm an official reffing Liverpool these days after what happened to the last set of officials that got a decision wrong it's in the back of my mind. Nobody wants to lose their livelihood.
That is unconscious bias right there.

Having said that I don't think it's a giant conspiracy to fuck over Spurs, I just think we are a little further down the pecking order than certain clubs.

I hate it when people do this l, I don't particularly have a dog in this fight but debate his points rather than the tedious and easy out of just calling him a conspiracy theorist.

I will say this, in life whoever shouts loudest tends to get there way, and if I'm an official reffing Liverpool these days after what happened to the last set of officials that got a decision wrong it's in the back of my mind. Nobody wants to lose their livelihood.

Having said that I don't think it's a giant conspiracy to fuck over Spurs, I just think we are a little further down the pecking order than certain clubs.

Read the convo, I've already tried to debate it but some of the arguments just don't make sense.

Last edited:
I like the direction we're going in, I just hope that the Manager does stick to his ideals and is given the tools to do so, it's still very early days and I'm just being impatient and greedy in wanting to see us blowing teams away by 4 or 5, when in reality we don't have the goalscorers or creative depth to keep that up yet.
A cheeky bid for NF no 9....nf..forest...not the national front....

View: https://x.com/HACKETTREF/status/1721770221311017450?s=20

Good to see a former high-profile official confirming that most Spurs fans aren't going mad.

Players need to shake the after-effects off and still go at it with aggression. Assume that the officials aren't going to be the same and it will even out against Villa.

Nearly every opponent this season has had a free hit in the first 15 minutes, then we get a yellow.
I have absolutely no confidence in PL officials or VAR clowns.

This is true. For all the bias against Spurs with how refs act, I see the same things happen against other clubs. Refs see us closer to Wolves than Chelsea

Exactly what I’m saying.

Why would you need to have a specifically anti-Spurs conspiracy? I’d say even UTD are on the wrong end of it worse than us recently. Other than Neville who is constantly bashing his owners, they don’t have a dick left you swing in terms of ability to pressure the officiating in the media.
Even then Neville seems more interested in talking us down than talking UTD up.

Exactly what I’m saying.

Why would you need to have a specifically anti-Spurs conspiracy? I’d say even UTD are on the wrong end of it worse than us recently. Other than Neville who is constantly bashing his owners, they don’t have a dick left you swing in terms of ability to pressure the officiating in the media.
Even then Neville seems more interested in talking us down than talking UTD up.
United have had a load of decisions go their way this season. The Onana-Wolves, the hand ball in the box which was far more blatant than Romeros, etc.

Back
Top Bottom