Wolves (A) 2pm - The Nuno derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For all Wolves huffing and puffing, we could have scored 3 or 4 today

big-bad-wolf-huff.gif

First half was awful but the 2nd much better. Defending deep did stop us conceding but every clearance went to them and came straight back. cannot complain about 6 points but need to play much better to continue doing this.

I do think that in future games against non top six teams that we won’t be able to get away with the midfield of Dele-Skipp-Hojbjerg. Just not enough creativity or ball retention there.

Hopefully a fully fit Lo Celso and maybe another signing will provide the necessary mix.

I do think that in future games against non top six teams that we won’t be able to get away with the midfield of Dele-Skipp-Hojbjerg. Just not enough creativity or ball retention there.

Hopefully a fully fit Lo Celso and maybe another signing will provide the necessary mix.
How long do we wait for him to get fit and is he truly, truly good enough to be the player we need? The manager and chairman need to be more ruthless to stop us getting lumbered with these players who might be good when fit etc.

There wasn't really a challenge in breaking us down, they did it at will...but they were like a dog that chases cars, they hadn't a clue what to when they did it...
Ahhh. I get you. Anyway, Not conceding a late goal or dropping points from a winning position in both games this season is a welcome change from last.

So why haven't you bigged up two outstanding performances? You surely would if they had been poor...
BM we're focusing on your expectations for some to conveniently forget years of evidence (the reason I don't wank myself silly over 2 performances). And your question of me implies that I was one bangin on about Dier. I wasn't. I just get irked by the mindset that a player can be shit for forever but they should be praised immediately FOR DOING THEIR JOBS; nothing extraordinary, just basic competence.

Beyond that I only point out exceptional performances for exceptional praise. Otherwise it's "yea team". I saw no performance from any Spurs player worthy of such praise.

I think poch was getting a lot out of mason & bentaleb when he took over but it was never going to last in the long term. If skipp can do a hard working defensive midfield role for a season until we get better than so be it.

I think poch was getting a lot out of mason & bentaleb when he took over but it was never going to last in the long term. If skipp can do a hard working defensive midfield role for a season until we get better than so be it.
Skipp is miles ahead of those two I think. Mason and Bentaleb had some talent but were horrible positionally as CMs. Skipp is so much more mature already.

That back 4 is dodgy

Tanganga was skinned all game by Traore
1st Half Sanchez was so ropey
2nd half Dier made such a big error and Lloris bailed him out
2nd half Reguilon kept getting beat by Semedo
Back 4 apart from having to deal with a lighting quick battering ram did well. Dier won everything in the air. I really didn’t think or get the feeling that we would concede all game. Credit to Wolves they were really good.

Back
Top Bottom