Will we win trophies with Pochettino? (Read thread before voting)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will we win trophies with Poch as our manager!

• Yes

Votes: 71 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 32.4%

• Total voters
I hope so not just for our benefit(fans) but him himself pochetino and certain players Kane,Winks,Lloris and Jan they deserve something to show for their efforts! But unfortunately football is now a business and we Tottenham are in the midst of a massive business plan regards our new stadium and it's not just about football,if it was then I'd be far more optimistic re success on the field but I think Tottenham as a club value fiancial success of it more! But in saying that one goes with the other good manager/players means the stadium will get filled and money spent as long that's the case I'm content and as mentioned if a bonus a trophy comes a long then I'll milk it for all its worth;)......

We last won one in 2008.

We have have always been a club that wins silverware each decade. ‘50s, ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s and ‘00s

The break has come this decade despite having two of the clubs best ever sides. Why? Something is clearly amiss.

Yes, we have had two of our best ever sides, but so have the others, particularly the wealthy ones. Our first XI can compete with City, but look at the depth of their squad. The environment we operate in has changed.

We last won one in 2008.

We have have always been a club that wins silverware each decade. ‘50s, ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s and ‘00s

The break has come this decade despite having two of the clubs best ever sides. Why? Something is clearly amiss.
Dippers haven't won owt since 2012 that was the league cup the league further back than that! They are a bigger club than us they spend more than us yet nobody seems to mention that? So if we've something missing they must have more missing,no?

Dippers haven't won owt since 2012 that was the league cup the league further back than that! They are a bigger club than us they spend more than us yet nobody seems to mention that? So if we've something missing they must have more missing,no?

Probably because we have had a far better team than them for most of the previous 5 year. They have also reached a European Cup final, UEFA cup final and a league cup final in Klopps so they are have been a lot closer than us despite having inferior team.

We don’t win any trophies let alone on a consistent basis.

Why haven’t we won anything in the last 5 years?
But we never have! We’ve only had two sustained periods of success early 60s & 80s and the league was only won once in that time it’s not as though we’ve dominated English football for decades. It’s not as Pochettino rocks up and it’s went pear shaped is it?

Yes, we have had two of our best ever sides, but so have the others, particularly the wealthy ones. Our first XI can compete with City, but look at the depth of their squad. The environment we operate in has changed.

Only City have amassed more PL points than us in the last 4 years and yet Chelsea, Woolwich and Unitec all have silverware to their name and we have nothing. When we have played in the UEFA cup we are often the wealthiest club in the touarnament but have only got to 1 quarter final. We have lost to Crystal Palace twice and Leicester in the FA cup during Pochs 5 year reign. You can keep on saying the environment has changed but that applies to the likes of Dortmund, A. Madrid as well but they managed to succeed with that change. Why is a team that consists of Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Son etc who would walk into most teams not good to win silverware?

Bearing in mind the CL and EPL take precedent now the task is so much harder. Yes its irritating to be the nearly men but when you analyse it we've done exceptionally well with an over achieving squad the last few years. We were lucky Poch came along when he did coupled with a few opportunistic signings and top striker coming up through the ranks.

But we never have! We’ve only had two sustained periods of success early 60s & 80s and the league was only won once in that time it’s not as though we’ve dominated English football for decades. It’s not as Pochettino rocks up and it’s went pear shaped is it?

We have been a club that has consistently won a trophy a decade. That has been broken this decade when the current manager has been here for a large part of itand has had one of the clubs best ever teams. But I’m suppose to believe that he bears no responsibility for this?

Only City have amassed more PL points than us in the last 4 years and yet Chelsea, Woolwich and Unitec all have silverware to their name and we have nothing. When we have played in the UEFA cup we are often the wealthiest club in the touarnament but have only got to 1 quarter final. We have lost to Crystal Palace twice and Leicester in the FA cup during Pochs 5 year reign. You can keep on saying the environment has changed but that applies to the likes of Dortmund, A. Madrid as well but they managed to succeed with that change. Why is a team that consists of Kane, Ali, Eriksen, Son etc who would walk into most teams not good to win silverware?

I think it’s quite possible we could win the odd trophy as they have done. Champions League this year is a possibility if we get the injured guys back. I only said that I don’t see us doing that consistently.

I'm possibly in the minority but if it came to the crunch and pochetino or Kane one or t'other were to leave it would be "see ya Harry good luck son,wish you all the best" pochetino leaving just now or in the next couple of seasons would set us back big time.....

We have been a club that has consistently won a trophy a decade. That has been broken this decade when the current manager has been here for a large part of itand has had one of the clubs best ever teams. But I’m suppose to believe that he bears no responsibility for this?
Yeah some but so has the players!

This team peaked 2 years ago . The power and dynamism that made it such a threat is slowly in decline .
We've been there before and teams for a multitude of reasons have never been strengthened enough to go the final distance .
Poch aim is top 4 and domestic cups are not a priority as we are dictated by revenue . Poch has done wonders to achieve this and has a job for life if he can maintain this .

if this poll was done in 2010, 2015 , the same people would have voted yes to a trophy in the next few years and sadly been wrong again and again.
Groundhog day of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom