Why we should care about making top 4

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The club are in a mess. Paratici probably leaving, Conte leaving, Kane possibly leaving or 1 more year. With a new Manager coming in I do not want him influenced by short term benefit of CL in his first season but he will have to earn it for the following season. He will benefit from not having the tougher CL matches so early in his role. Yes we will not get so much money but what good has that extra money done us this season? It did not help us win a trophy and we have made disappointing exits in all 3 cups and so many poor defeats in the PL.
Now if we are still in the running for top 4 with a few matches to go of course I will want them to win but at this stage with Liverpool breathing down our necks and the club in disarray it looks a hopeless task.

Then why the fuck didn't they try harder last night when they still WERE in it, to STAY IN IT?

It's funny, all those years we WEREN'T in the CL, the main reason cited by players we were after - but didn't sign - was that they wanted to play CL football (and hear the silly poxy "anthem") ...that's why Man Utd, Chelsea, Arse, Liverpool and latterly Man City had an edge over us...

When we WERE in the CL, we still can't sign everyone we want, and CL football is no longer a necessity.... MONEY IS!

We could provide CL football for the last few years, but not the wages to match it!

There's yer problem!
Bingo!

I don't give a damn about top 4 anymore, in fact as enic are relying on it for more money I'm kind of against it happening just to spite them, that's how much I loathe them. Anyway what is the point? There isn't a hope in hell we can win the thing at this time. Also the money isn't used for CL players anyway - another myth. There is more chance of a trophy in the ropey in all honesty. We should prioritise a trophy from this point on, if enic want to charge silly money they need to give the fans something back. Listening to a bit of fancy music and pretending we're some sort of champions won't do. Levy's idea of us being in a ESL seems even more farcical now, the guy has got ideas way above his status, which is about 4'8" I think.
This

Of course I want top 4. I want to win every game left this season.

I don't care about ENIC. Not bothered if they stay or go.

Get rid of Conte. Let's play the attacking football we're capable of and enjoy the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom