Why we should care about making top 4

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't care about making top 4 but I do care about beating Liverpool and the thought of those bastards taking our 4th spot makes me sick.

At the end of the day, what is football more about than beating your rivals and rubbing their noses in it. Making top 4 at the expense of Liverpool gives us the chance to do that. It's not a cup final but it's still the two of us going head to head for the same thing.

There is also the small matter of Newcastle and the threat they pose. Wins at Anfield and St James's Park would do much to improve my mood.

I would compare retaining 4th spot this season to retaining the FA Cup in 1982. We went into the 81/82 season wanting to build on the 80/81 success but the squad got completely knackered from the overload of fixtures from the league, league cup, ECWC and the FA Cup. We wanted success on 4 fronts but had to be content with a Glenn Hoddle penalty giving us a marginal win over second division QPR to keep the FA Cup we had already won.

This season has been very difficult. Everything from an indifferent manager to injuries to key players to our rivals winning everything left, right and centre. Whoever our manager is for the remainder of the season; whether it's Conte, Mason, Pochettino or someone else entirely; all I want is one final push this season to do something positive.

I sincerely do not give a shit about Top 4. If that makes be a bad fan, so be it.

It’s utterly meaningless. Twerking for some competition that we have absolutely no right to sully. Our football is awful.

We really do need to know our place and at the moment it’s in the middle of the pack.

Go and win the Europa.

We should care about it.
But as our owners are only interested in the money it brings to the coffers, and not using it as a springboard to improve our football team and win trophies then quite frankly, until they fuck off, I couldn't give a shit

Under our hierarchy it is just revenue that dictates everything and top 4 is the height of their ambitions with spending as little as possible to get there .
We have gone backwards recently so we will never build on it . As a benefit of the football side it has little impact .
The smokescreen " To dare " is complete bollocks under these accountant ethos.
Who gives a fuck anymore ?

Dier , Davis , Hobby , Leggy , Biss , Royal , Sess ,
Porro , Sanchez, Skipp,

It really works
There’s no logic in that. The mediocre players also want cl football, it’s our clubs job to determine which is which.

There’s hundreds of quotes out there saying cl football is a big part of what club players choose.

On the other hand. The league, league Cup and FA Cup are more than enough games for a new manager prep for on top of coaching the squad with a new method

I sincerely do not give a shit about Top 4. If that makes be a bad fan, so be it.

It’s utterly meaningless. Twerking for some competition that we have absolutely no right to sully. Our football is awful.

We really do need to know our place and at the moment it’s in the middle of the pack.

Go and win the Europa.

No chance we win europa with the bottler gene running through the club and the chairman's main priority is to get CL qualification. We can't even beat the likes of Sheff , boro , colechester or forest in Cup comps let alone winning against any kind of semi competent European team in a knockout

Back
Top Bottom