Why Newcastle have something to play for..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But the script has been re-written this season!

Did you read the script for the game at OT? We were supposed to concede 2 goals in the 97th and 98th minute...but we edited that out.

Against Woolwich, the script read, "despite holding out valiantly, Spurs succumbed to a late Woolwich equaliser", but that never happened either!

The script is changing...believe!!

:D

I think the FA sacked the 'last day of season ways for Spurs to miss out again' scriptwriters after 2006... as that Whole Lasagne plot was WAY too far-fetched and drew far too much attention to the possibility that the entire League is being run from a Studio in Singapore, and ALL footballers are paid up members of Equity!

Last season's 'dodgy 'keeper' at West Brom storyline was much more believable!!!

2010 was a mere smokescreen to deflect suspicion!

Someone should forward that onto Pardew, just to remind him of unfinished business!

Actually, wasn't it something to do with 'Gentleman Wenger' accusing Pardew of unsportsmanlike behaviour (by being manager of a team who scored against his team of precious's!)

Mind you, if you think about it, Pardew was merely 'playing the part' of the West 'Am manager at the time, and probably did it (like so many of his public appearances) in a vain attempt to endear himself to the clubs' fans! ....just keep applying the lipsyl!

I respect the optimism Jamie but just for the record...

Mike Ashley is not a Spurs fan. As for Pardew, he has 7 years left on his contract.

I'd rather be optimistic about us getting 72 points than put all my bets on Newcastle tomorrow. The only way I see Woolwich slipping up is if their chef believes in karma.

Mike Ashley is not a Spurs fan. As for Pardew, he has 7 years left on his contract.

I'd rather be optimistic about us getting 72 points than put all my bets on Newcastle tomorrow. The only way I see Woolwich slipping up is if their chef believes in karma.

But Derek Llambias most definitely IS! (not that he has much sway up there....)

The difference seems to be a couple million between 10th and 15th but when you think about a match day at Newcastle for a big game there will be a full stadium so 50,000 ticket sales, 50,000 people potentially buying food and drinks, TV money for the day and general footfall through club shops and that they will make up whatever money they lose for not finishing 10th. Basically fuck Newcastle they cheating bastards

The difference seems to be a couple million between 10th and 15th but when you think about a match day at Newcastle for a big game there will be a full stadium so 50,000 ticket sales, 50,000 people potentially buying food and drinks, TV money for the day and general footfall through club shops and that they will make up whatever money they lose for not finishing 10th. Basically fuck Newcastle they cheating bastards
They still get match day revenue if they win

Wish i kept quiet now. Haha. I have no doubts were doing it tomorrow. I have that feeling. Arse have to win and Newcastle aint been a happy hunting ground for them. Anything can happen. Red card. Early goal against

Never know what could happen. They are away at a difficult ground. They could get players sent off, injured, lasanya'd, all sorts could happen. Newcastle could even play well for a change. I expect to come fifth, but Arse havent sealed fourth yet. It would not be odd if Newcastle managed a draw for instance. The pressure is off which means that they shouldnt be nervous, but if the game starts going against Arse then they will get nervous.

See no reasons why the players will not be up for it. I hope Ashley has offered them a bonus based on how high they get.

But you just know that we will win easily, but 10 mins from the end of the Toon game, a player will collapse (a la Muamba) with the toon leading 3-0. Game gets abandoned and replayed with the scum winning!

All eyes will be on these two games, as everything else has been decided, even more pressure and I think that unfortunately we will buckle ............. praying with every fibre of my being that I'm wrong!!!

All eyes will be on these two games, as everything else has been decided, even more pressure and I think that unfortunately we will buckle ............. praying with every fibre of my being that I'm wrong!!!

Certainly lots of pressure for both teams, but more so for Woolwich. Depends how it all goes. What with the games playing at the same time, if Newcastle score, then we're going to get a cheer in the crowd and that will be a factor. The thing is, our game can impact the Woolwich game too - if we score a couple of quick goals, before anything has happened up north, then the crowd will get nervous there and so will their players. I think if we score some early goals then we have a very good chance of getting CL.

Its official now: mike ashliegh has given his players a £1 million pound bounty on Woolwich for the backroom staff to win bonuses. Ashleigh is a spurs fan. Kthnxbaii

Back
Top Bottom