Why Newcastle have something to play for..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok... So im a very optimistic spurs fanand still believe that tomorrow everything (for once) will go our way. The football gods will give us some grace for a change. However for this to happen we rely on Newcastle. A team thats lost its last 2 matches 3-0 and 6-0. However.....

1. I DONT CARE IF WE LOSE 4-0: a quote used by mister Pardew in the week. If they do go on to even lose now his job is on the lineafter this comment. Mike ashleigh having visited the training ground the days after.

2. Mike Ashleigh: The man might not have endeered himself to Newcastle fans until recently but he is an avid spurs fan and im sure that would give him extra encentive to motivate his staff

3. League Position: Newcastle currently sit 13th with the possibility of 10th. The difference between those positions is roughly 10 million.

4. Shop Window: Some of these Newcastle players dont seem too happy with life this season; Tiote, Cabaye, Ben Arfa to name a few, this is their last chance of the seasonto put a performance in if they wish to go. ( i know i would)

As isaid im very optimistic, but i believe and so should everyone else. This isnt over yet. Come on you spurs.

Bless you Jamie for your optimism .... I wish I could share it. Unfortunately if it can go t*ts up, it will, especially when that lot down the road are involved in the equation. But yes of course, hope you are right, it would be so nice to actually celebrate the end of season!

people must be on narcotics 24/7 to stay this optimistic right now
i gave up as soon as i saw what pardew said

and come on guys, it's nothing new isnt it?
every fucking year
:avblol:

people must be on narcotics 24/7 to stay this optimistic right now
i gave up as soon as i saw what pardew said

and come on guys, it's nothing new isnt it?
every fucking year
:avblol:

A man who's clearly been reading the script for the last 20-odd years

Well played, sir

trouble is , even though we know the worst will happen, while there's even a glimmer of hope, we will hang onto it for dear life, which makes inevitable failure even harder to take....again and again! Just part of the DNA of being a Spurs supporter!

Thing is with that, the only way Sunderland can finish above Newcastle is by beating us!

Do you think if the news filters North about what's going on down South, then Newcastle will just be able to 'turn it on' and win?
And even if they do, we could then find ourselves in the weirdest of scenarios of Sunderland and Newcastle suddenly realising tomorrows games AREN'T all about us, and going at it hammer and tongs!
Which hardly help us!!

Expect a late flurry of goals tomorrow.... Sky certainly are!!

Either way, it's still not going to stop our UNSWERVING support of the team and non-stop singing for 90+ minutes tomorrow, right kids??

A man who's clearly been reading the script for the last 20-odd years

Well played, sir

But the script has been re-written this season!

Did you read the script for the game at OT? We were supposed to concede 2 goals in the 97th and 98th minute...but we edited that out.

Against Woolwich, the script read, "despite holding out valiantly, Spurs succumbed to a late Woolwich equaliser", but that never happened either!

The script is changing...believe!!

Yeah I know, it's a little early to be drinking... :D

Back
Top Bottom