Why I Love Tottenham. More importantly, The fighting cock

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So.... This is just a massive thank you to the guys at the fighting cock and to let them know what a difference they have made to me.

Im 22 and currently live in Scotland, my father being from Barnet and a life long spurs fan. Whilst growing up i loved Newcastle but always followed the spurs results. Throughout the 90s and 00s there was a lot of laughing involved in that. Unfortunatly when i was 18 my father suddenly passed away leaving me with a huge hole in my life. I remember the last game we watched was the 5-2 man united game. And i celebrated the goals more than i had any. I remember watching the cup final and celebrated that. Not only cause it was a cup sucess but the joy we had together cant be rivalled. So the season started in 08. And there was one night that chsnged my life forever. The night i became Tottenham. I felt Tottenham. You dont support Tottenham. You are Tottenham. And that night nobody was more Tottenham than me. We were down away visiting family and got the chance to see Spurs and It was the defeat against
Stoke with Ramos in charge. All game no matter how shit spurs played the fans sang there hearts out. I was sold. For that 90 minutes with my dad in the stands singing roughly 100 renditions of "we are Tottenham" it was like nothing could ever compare. Coming to the end of the season my father passed. I cant begin to describe how angry i am that i wasted all my years not being spurs with him. All the misery surrounded by pockets of joy. The past few years have been great for us (spurs). But iv always had the black hole in my mind that wouldnt go away, all the regret. Until i stumbled upon something online one day. A retweet from Hayley Mcqueen no less. I fired on the podcast. And instantly had the black hole removed. You guys give me what ever it is that was missing. May only be a one way interaction but i love it. So i would just like to thank you for showing me light when i thought there was none. And that you have helped me through a tough moment in my life. Carry on. And COYS that COYS for COMEON YOU SPURS!!!

Jamie

Great post, and well said. But yep, you shouldn't have supported the Toon. :)

No major trophies since 1969, probably the biggest underachievers in British football. If you were going glory hunting there was much better choices to be had.;)

How fookin' lonely are you?

:adelol:

No+Girls+Allowed.jpg

What a great post Jamie.

I can't imagine losing my dad and I'm truly sorry you lost your father too soon but you have written something that is full of hope and truth.

Brilliant mate and thank you.

Great post fella. Glad you finally realised you are a Yid like the rest of us - your dad would be proud.

P.S only a septic could think Jamie is a girls name purely because some actor with a bad syrup names his daughter it having been a fine Scottish handle for for men for centuries. Although they do have names like Shaniqua and LaVonndre to contend with so we should make allowances.

Jamie, nice post and nice touch.

I spent 4 years in the Scottish Border and thoroughly enjoyed it, except the weather!

In a strange quirk of fate, my father (who passed away 5 years back) was a Newcastle fan. My first game at the Lane (with him there - well, I was only 12) was against the Toon in 1969 (yeah, I'm an old fart!) - we won 2-1 with Greavsie getting both.

Great memories. But yes, you don't support Spurs, you ARE Spurs

Back
Top Bottom