Who do you want to see with the captain’s armband?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham’s New Captain

• Sonny

Votes: 99 51.3%
  • Bissouma

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • Skipp

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Romero

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Bentancur

Votes: 19 9.8%

• Total voters
Has to be Sonny. When Kane was chasing City a couple of years ago, Sonny never hesitated to re-sign with us. When Saudi money seemed like it would come in, Sonny never wavered. He’s a world-class player, he’s beloved in the team, he captains his national team, and he is 100% Tottenham.

If that's the qualification ?
Sonny is a level-headed, encouraging footballer who has the respect of team mates young and old, opposition players, referees and managers on an international level. He's also the proven and much-loved and admired captain of South Korea.

He's not doing this solo; he has a brilliant midfielder and an inglorious bastard defender at his side and together they form the new spine of our club.

I respect that you don't agree and have concerns, but for now it's done. After everything the guy has done for us, I don't think it's too much to ask of fans to have his back and cheer him on in his new role.

🎙️James Maddison on the pre match huddle:

"Sonny text me last night and I said I've got an idea, for the huddle instead of doing it in the middle of the pitch, we'll go to do it over by the fans."

Nice to see Ange being brave enough to pick Maddison even though he's new. He is clearly a big figure in the squad. Son is the best and most obvious choice.

I'm not sold on Romero but clearly Ange is so I trust his choice. Hopefully with this new responsibility, Romero will mature a bit.
yeah, I thought that. But, as much as I was very luke warm with Maddison, having paid attention to him as a person and player since, he's impressed me. Very good talker and obviously classy with the ball.

I love me some center back captains

4636B61700000578-5072591-image-m-23_1510405503825.jpg

Son was the only senior player that started Shakhtar and travelled to Barca...

He is the centre of all the new kit stuff.

Ange spoke about his ability to mix with all groups in the squad.

It's as certain to be Son as it was that Kane was going and Maddison waiting for #10.

This was all done yonks ago.

Back
Top Bottom