Who do you THINK will be our next manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the next mug

• Mourinho

Votes: 66 25.1%
  • Ancellotti

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • Klopp

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Pep

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Dyche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sherwood

• Harry

• Howe

Votes: 30 11.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Big Fat Sam

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Jesus

• Wilder

• Allegri

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Benitez

Votes: 26 9.9%
  • Simeone

• Valverde

• Zidane

• Pulis

• Lopetegui

• ten Haag

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • Levy

Votes: 20 7.6%
  • Espirito Santo

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 15 5.7%
  • Luis Enrique

• Gallardo

• Total voters
Just to put things into a bit of a perspective, we sacked AVB in December 2013 after 16 league games when we were 7th in the league and 5 points away from top 4. We had 27 points then. Now we would only be able to achieve 26 points after 16 games... and that would be if we win the next 4.

I know we were playing some awful football and the sacking came after a 5-0 drubbing to the dippers, but still. I also know Poch has earned a lot of credit for his first 4 1/2 seasons with us, CL final included, but this is our worst run of form since the infamous 2 points from 8 games that got Ramos the sack. And he won the League Cup.

If Poch showed signs that he is able to turn this around and bring us back to our previous level, then show he has learned from his mistakes and turn us into a team that can win trophies, then yes, I would back him unconditionally. So far he hasn't shown anything in this respect.

Was listening to the last pod and how they discussed the calls for Poch’s head and how all he needs is time.

Time doesn’t effect the way you set up a team or instruct them how to play. He has lost the ability to create energy on the field and I don’t think that is down to his personnel.

You could instruct 11 11 year olds to play with energy, belief, and aggression if you had enough practices. He clearly has lost the plot.

My point being. We went from one of the most entertaining outfits to a team that can’t link three passes together or win a ball back up the pitch.

Just to put things into a bit of a perspective, we sacked AVB in December 2013 after 16 league games when we were 7th in the league and 5 points away from top 4. We had 27 points then. Now we would only be able to achieve 26 points after 16 games... and that would be if we win the next 4.

I know we were playing some awful football and the sacking came after a 5-0 drubbing to the dippers, but still. I also know Poch has earned a lot of credit for his first 4 1/2 seasons with us, CL final included, but this is our worst run of form since the infamous 2 points from 8 games that got Ramos the sack. And he won the League Cup.

If Poch showed signs that he is able to turn this around and bring us back to our previous level, then show he has learned from his mistakes and turn us into a team that can win trophies, then yes, I would back him unconditionally. So far he hasn't shown anything in this respect.

Imagine if AVB had been in charge for the 7-2. It’s honestly as if that game never happened, it was the worst home result of any English team in the history of European football and it was like a fart in the wind. Poch is surviving solely on the goodwill generated by Lucas’ hat trick against Ajax.
Was listening to the last pod and how they discussed the calls for Poch’s head and how all he needs is time.

Time doesn’t effect the way you set up a team or instruct them how to play. He has lost the ability to create energy on the field and I don’t think that is down to his personnel.

You could instruct 11 11 year olds to play with energy, belief, and aggression if you had enough practices. He clearly has lost the plot.

My point being. We went from one of the most entertaining outfits to a team that can’t link three passes together or win a ball back up the pitch.

The last two league goals we scored also came from horrible errors by the opponent. We are almost incapable of creating chances ourselves.

Lol at 26 people who think Levy will employ Mourinho next, or Mourinho would consider working for Levy 🤣🤣🤣

I don’t want the fella near our club, but as Mourinho has stated he wants to return to the PL, it’s either us or the Scum.

I really do think people overthink this stuff. A job’s a job. I could think of 8 million reasons why Jose would be keen.

José Mourinho as manager with Luis Campos (of Lille) as sporting director. Levy can take care of the business stuff and let Campos take care of scouting, recruiting and transfers. Plus, Mourinho and Campos are a match made in heaven.

I have a friend who's job is to follow North End for one of their local papers. It would crush him to see Alex Neil leave so we should totally go for him just because.

Lol at 26 people who think Levy will employ Mourinho next, or Mourinho would consider working for Levy 🤣🤣🤣
Why would he not? Mourinho is not exactly overrun with options is he and agreed it’s not a dream team partnership but needs must! But then that’s assuming Levy is desperate for a quick fix and his working life turned upside down because it won’t take Mourinho long if things aren’t going his way to blame everyone and their dog for his shortcomings! And guaranteed he’ll start bleating about lack of funds and players commitment etc! And for everybody clambering for him to join there’s one thing he’s not interested in and that’s developing young players and if we have any up and coming youngsters they’ll get little chance to shine.

Mourinho isn't happening.

He only works with mega clubs with huge budgets.
He will sit down with Levy, ask how much he has to spend every window, shake Levy's hand, say byebye then walk out.

Worse is Levy will lie, Mourinho will take the job then kick right off at the end of his first window full of broken promises.

Levy and Mourinho go together like sawmills and welders.

agreed. enough with trying to find the next up and coming manager.

get us a winner who can go into that locker room, put his cock on the table and say "here is how we are going to win trophies!"

Every manager who has won something was once one of those.

Back
Top Bottom