Which Spurs Flop should have been given more time?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He wasn’t a flop but think that if Delli was given 6-8 more years, he could have turned into a world class player…….

:allitongue:

On a more serious note, I always thought Pavelechenko could have been very good striker for us. He came at a time where we had a few strikers to pick from and I don’t think he was Harry’s favourite either off the pitch.

The Tripper situation was abit of a weird one.

Despite being a pretty good player, he never really won over us Spurs fans. There was so many elements of doubt. Probably because he was replacing Walker who was just so good.
He was absolutely woeful in the last season at Spurs. Shocking

He was injured for most of that season to be fair and it showed. He should have had an op or taken a few months off to recover and get back to training every day

I was always gutted that Ilie Dumitrescu didn’t work out longer term. He was class at USA 94 and looked great at the start of 94/95 but Gerry didn’t fancy him at all. Then he just got sadder and worse and it was painful to watch. With proper backing and coaching, he could have been amazing for us.

I was always gutted that Ilie Dumitrescu didn’t work out longer term. He was class at USA 94 and looked great at the start of 94/95 but Gerry didn’t fancy him at all. Then he just got sadder and worse and it was painful to watch. With proper backing and coaching, he could have been amazing for us.
I would have liked to keep him and Gica Popescu around as well.

Foyth. IMO he would have been a great RB and a "defensive RWB" as contradictory as that sounds.

His only problem was taking the liberty while on the ball, at Villareal he doesn't seem to do that much. He was much more impressive than Lo Celso against Juve and Bayern. Coeman probably still having nightmares.

47DB8A9C00000578-5244005-Paulinho_and_Messi_embrace_at_full_time_as_Barcelona_moved_nine_-a-12_1515348005659.jpg

Foyth. IMO he would have been a great RB and a "defensive RWB" as contradictory as that sounds.

His only problem was taking the liberty while on the ball, at Villareal he doesn't seem to do that much. He was much more impressive than Lo Celso against Juve and Bayern. Coeman probably still having nightmares.
100%

Kevin Wimmer. Thought he was decent when Jan got injured and was out for a few months.
He just played in a good side and got through a few games on adrenalin and because of the players around him. He did well, but make no mistake he was utter shite

Kevin Wimmer. Thought he was decent when Jan got injured and was out for a few months.

He did well when called on that season but looking at his career since he left us it seems that was just a purple patch. Any player could look half-decent next to Prime Toby in the team we had back then. He barely got a game at Stoke and I have no idea where he even plays now.

I can't really think of many players that really deserved more time, at least since I've been watching. There are some who had talent like Taraabt, Ndombele, Dos Santos, Bentley etc but they were not professional enough to deserve more time.

Trippier is probably the only one who deserved more time, that was a ridiculous sale then and it looks even stupider now. He had a poor final season (and he should never have tried to conceal his injury from the coaches) but he was still the best RB we've had since Walker left by an absolute country mile. The abuse he got from our own fans was disgusting and stems from this warped idea that because he was cheap and came from Burnley that he didn't really belong here. People made all kinds of excuses for Ndombele, Lo Celso etc giving us years of shit but the way the fans turned on Trippier after one poor season was pathetic.

As much as I hate him, that really is one that got away.
Steve Perryman & Graeme Souness were in the same Spurs team that won the FA Youth Cup.

Bill Nicholson started picking Perryman for the first team and may have felt he couldn't have two youngsters in the same central midfield. This of course is back in the days of only one substitute.

Wiki sez we sold Souness to Boro for £30k in 1972. That presumably was a huge fee for a young player with limited first team experience in those days.

But yeah, Souness is definitely one that got away.

Back
Top Bottom