Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi guys, is there anyone that could help me out that has an account with enough loyalty points for the final that isn't going. I can pay to use the account. Obviously it would be amazing to get a ticket.
Cheers, Blair. COYS

Hi guys, is there anyone that could help me out that has an account with enough loyalty points for the final that isn't going. I can pay to use the account. Obviously it would be amazing to get a ticket.
Cheers, Blair. COYS
I absolutely can't see why any anyone with a spare wouldn't help you, I mean you've been a member for twelve minutes now, you've done your time.

(I appreciate I'm only a bleedin' newbie to this board meself but I'm not joining a board and asking for cup final tickets within minutes of joining). ;)

Thanks, but I'm not sure that's what I'd like to do. Like you, I only went to the Atlantic once at the start of the season and literally stood in the doorway because that was as far as I could get in, and we lost.

Going to the Atlantic or the Globe sounds like a good idea in theory but I just know they will be shit shows in general. I was almost hoping that they would do something a little bigger so it wouldn't be as packed and would be just a nicer event overall.

Thanks for the offer and, yes, please stay the hell away from there.

Hang on a minute I think your original post was just a ruse by you and CousinEddie CousinEddie to make sure I don’t go to the Atlantic!!

Yeah I mean things have really changed since we were at that game 5 years ago, you can’t get in the pub any more and they could do with spending some cash to make the back room operational for games too, it’s just going to be a very congested and stressful environment for the game, would be too much

I absolutely can't see why any anyone with a spare wouldn't help you, I mean you've been a member for twelve minutes now, you've done your time.

Just

(I appreciate I'm only a bleedin' newbie to this board meself but I'm not joining a board and asking for cup final tickets within minutes of joining). ;)

I don't normally use forums and like many spurs fans am trying alternative methods to get a ticket for the final.

im going to go to whl. even i have to watch the actual football on my phone, im gonna go to whl, have a beer, some nosebag and wank into the pocket of the bloke next to me when we win.
Where's your seat (so I can make sure I'm on the other side of the stadium!)
Your'e ok Mrs P. It's me and my pocket Johnny is referring to. We've been seeing each other for quite a while now.

So now thinking that if people don't take up our full application, then I might get a chance to get a ticket, as I'm in the next tranche of loyalty points. So my hopes are up again and I want to go.

What?? A woman's perogative to change her mind :)

I feel terrible for my lad. He is away with his mum on holiday over half term and they fly back from Malaga on the Saturday night. To say he is pissed off is an understatement............

Your'e ok Mrs P. It's me and my pocket Johnny is referring to. We've been seeing each other for quite a while now.
god, i can imagine you would be a dull fucker to watch a game with.

player shoots wide "levy out". player misplaces pass "levy out" go goal down "Joe Lewis owns a yacht"

I would rather listen to the long drawn out death rattle of a man suffering from terminal flatulence

Well, I will be at the Atlantic. Where the hell else would I be?

I'm not quite a regular there--I live out in the country 60 miles away so it takes an hour on a morning WITHOUT traffic. But I get there about 10-12 times a year, I'd guess. In fact, I took days off work to make it to both legs of the semi, and also was there for Bournemouth in between. I always get there early to make a bit of a day of it--the neighborhood is fantastic so we have a kind of postmatch ritual of checking out the book shop, record store etc before grabbing lunch.

Honestly don't see how you can beat it--yeah, it can be a bit cramped but I think you all are overstating it. To be fair, the only other Spurs bar I've watched a match at was NYC and Flannery's was just as rammed as the Atlantic is for a big match. There are still plenty of matches that don't draw huge crowds--but of course if you're talking 11:30am and/or a big derby it will fill up. There were probably less than 15 of us this past weekend. And even the days that it is crowded, what do you want? Everyone to have a seat? A bigger bar that we have to share with other fans? What makes the place amazing is that it's all Spurs. Any time Flav talks about how great it is for the TFC socials that it's all Spurs fans and they don't need to deal with other team's fans I kind of laugh because that's effectively what we have at the Atlantic for every match. The first time I ever went, I realized that while I was never going to make it back to the Lane before it went, this would be as close as I could get to feeling that energy and passion again. The celebrations on Wednesday were every bit as crazy as I remember of the 3-1 over Inter at the Lane--on both occasions I found myself hugging random strangers, of course. While I obviously have had great memories of watching Spurs on my own at home, being in that packed bar on Wednesday elevated it to a religious experience.

TLDR; the Atlantic is great and it's amazing that the club is effectively renting out the bar on the 1st and I'll show up at dawn if I have to.

god, i can imagine you would be a dull fucker to watch a game with.

player shoots wide "levy out". player misplaces pass "levy out" go goal down "Joe Lewis owns a yacht"

I would rather listen to the long drawn out death rattle of a man suffering from terminal flatulence
You never insult me like this in our private moments together though!
It's time the forum knew the truth.

:dierpochhug:

Hey brothers and sisters ,
No stadium ticket and no chance but l'm on the honey plane . Van BC to Barcelona then a train. 4 night shut eye in park . Will be rockin dudes , no more logging, bush whacking, up creek tours full of overweight Yankees.
Just beer and maybe some pistol action if lm a lucky man . Roscoe on board so roll on .
COYS

No stadium ticket and no chance but l'm on the honey plane . Van BC to Barcelona then a train. 4 night shut eye in park . Will be rockin dudes , no more logging, bush whacking, up creek tours full of overweight Yankees.
Just beer and maybe some pistol action if lm a lucky man . Roscoe on board so roll on .
COYS

Would somebody mind translating this for me, please? Cheers

COYS
Can someone translate this?

Back
Top Bottom