When does the cavalry arrive? - Gazza, Foyth, Sanchez, Sess, Lo Celso, Japhet Tanganganganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I basically said the same in another thread and somebody disagreed with me! Yeah Europa and F.A Cup are available top four at the minute looks a long shot but depends how far of the pace we are by the time we get players back and steady the ship! Next season if it’s a rebuild, it’s a rebuild so be it but I do think Europa league is essential if for nothing else experience if we bed in younger squad players.

...I mean, lets say we claw our way out of our CL group only to get defeated heavily in the knockout rounds. Does this help anyone? .....It just heaps more pressure on our endevours in the league.

Regardless of who's managing us, we need games to work our way out of this funk; not a succession of must win EPL games that, if not won, will only cement the rot (i.e. no CL next season).

Last edited:
If I thought the kids could do better than the 1st team, I'd be all for it....
But I fear, like Poch, he realises that what's 'left' is at least 1 or 2 years off delivering anything LIKE what we'd need to properly compete .... so we may as well stick with what we've got until Jan..... when hopefully, anyone that DOESN'T wanna be here politely fucks off..... and we're left with what we're left with...

Who'd be Ryan Sessegnon right now?

To be fair, before this season or even last season if we sold any of Jan, Hugo, Erisken, Kane, Rose this place would lose its shit.

We’d be labeled a selling club that wasn’t interested in winning titles.

soooo we can’t have it both ways

Glad we sold Walker.... Feels so much fresher now. :pritchardeyes:

...I mean, lets say we claw our way out of our CL group only to get knocked defeated heavily in the knockout rounds. Does this help anyone? .....It just heaps more pressure on our endevours in the league.

Regardless of who's managing us, we need games to work our way out of this funk; not a succession of must win EPL games that, if not won, will only cement the rot (i.e. no CL next season).
Was kinda of the mind we could win the Europa league! I know I know, I’m a glass half full kinda guy but if we play the second half of the season with nothing to aim for that’s not gonna help either! 60k stadium empty....oh gawd

To be fair, before this season or even last season if we sold any of Jan, Hugo, Erisken, Kane, Rose this place would lose its shit.

We’d be labeled a selling club that wasn’t interested in winning titles.

soooo we can’t have it both ways
That's exactly the problem, Pochettino has tried to please the fans too much...

It’s pretty much the same team we’ve had since season 2015/16. Kyle Walker gone, Dembele semi retired to China. Other than that it’s pretty much the same personnel. I don’t believe we’ve signed a single player since that season 2015/16 season who’s really improved the side. There’s been initial flurries from likes of Wanyama and Davinson Sanchez, a belated flurry from Sissoko and a sense with Moura that it could happen if given a proper chance. But nothing over a prolonged period of time.

It’s beyond stale though. Give young blood a shot now. Likes of Abrahams and Mount are doing okay for Chavs.

That's exactly the problem, Pochettino has tried to please the fans too much...

The idea that between them Poch & Levy would allow the club to be run based upon fans whims & wishes scares the shit out of me....

The idea that between them Poch & Levy would allow the club to be run based upon fans whims & wishes scares the shit out of me....
It might have played into it a bit, look at the uproar when Vertonghen wasn't starting at the beginning of the season...

It might have played into it a bit, look at the uproar when Vertonghen wasn't starting at the beginning of the season...

Or an ageing player may have just found it took a little longer to get up to the default fitness levels....?

Who knows.... Pretty easy to come up with a thousand different theories if we're not called upon to substantiate them tho'.... Isn't that right, Twitter?

Or an ageing player may have just found it took a little longer to get up to the default fitness levels....?

Who knows.... Pretty easy to come up with a thousand different theories if we're not called upon to substantiate them tho'.... Isn't that right, Twitter?
Twitter isn't the cause of the problem mate dissenting voices have always been around when teams go to shit like we have, all social media has done is given us more access to disent direct with player's and media alike.

Twitter isn't the cause of the problem mate dissenting voices have always been around when teams go to shit like we have, all social media has done is given us more access to disent direct with player's and media alike.

It's an absolute menace in terms of false 'diagnosis' and perpetuating bullshit though.

Poch won't drop his favourites though. He had the perfect opportunity yesterday to show the squad who the boss is but he went with the usual suspects and did not get a reaction to Tuesday's humiliation.

Players wanting away are still getting a starting spot whilst other players, some of whom have signed contract extensions sit out or get fifteen minutes.

Poch is a major part of our current problems and it won't change until he's gone.
Drop them for who though? We don't exactly have a world class bench to cherry pick from... Plus all the injuries.

Back
Top Bottom