Whatever happened to ... ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

zin

Supporter
Saw mention of Massimo Luongo in the youth thread that he's joined Sheffield Wednesday from QPR so started doing the usual Wikipedia search to see how his career has gone

yFu4PyQ.jpg

Honours

Australia

Individual

So thought I'd create this thread about not just former players but also players we were linked with in the past. Who remembers this gem?

Although linked in February 2010 with a move to English club Tottenham Hotspur[3] and having been on trial at Woolwich in autumn 2010 he was involved in an ongoing transfer saga over his move to Pyunik Yerevan and a subsequent move to a Congolese club, TP Mazembe.

This was resolved in September 2010 when FIFA ruled that the Armenian club had been wrong in arranging for Mbola to sign a professional contract when he was underage, which resulted in FIFA canceling the International Transfer Certificate (ITC) held by the Armenian club. This ruling meant that Mbola could officially join TP Mazembe.

Last edited:
Obviously this guy also

QHTxe4t.png

During the 2013 summer, he had offers from English side Tottenham Hotspur[8] and Italian club Napoli.[9] He was close to join the Italian side, but the deal fell through because "sponsorship contracts made it impossible".[10] Even though the club bought Gonzalo Higuaín after failing to land the Brazilian striker, Napoli chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis later stated that Rafa Benítez wanted Damião instead of Higuaín.[11]

Honours
Club
Internacional
Flamengo
Kawasaki Frontale
International
Brazil
Individual

Darren Caskey always stays in my mind.

Same age group as me, he was the England under 18 captain who won the UEFA tournament for their age group.

He just never amounted to much in the professional game.

Amazing how many 18-21 year olds who look great never really kick on.

(Chris Day played in that England team as well -spurs youth player he ended up at Stevenage FC, a Stevenage lad and also a big Spurs fan)

Difficult thread as when you think of someone you google them and then you know what happened to them !

Example being Mabizela.... i’ll Google Toda shortly. We scraped a few barrels in the early to mid 2000’s

Saw mention of Massimo Luongo in the youth thread that he's joined Sheffield Wednesday from QPR so started doing the usual Wikipedia search to see how his career has gone

yFu4PyQ.jpg

Honours

Australia

Individual

So thought I'd create this thread about not just former players but also players we were linked with in the past. Who remembers this gem?

Although linked in February 2010 with a move to English club Tottenham Hotspur[3] and having been on trial at Woolwich in autumn 2010 he was involved in an ongoing transfer saga over his move to Pyunik Yerevan and a subsequent move to a Congolese club, TP Mazembe.

This was resolved in September 2010 when FIFA ruled that the Armenian club had been wrong in arranging for Mbola to sign a professional contract when he was underage, which resulted in FIFA canceling the International Transfer Certificate (ITC) held by the Armenian club. This ruling meant that Mbola could officially join TP Mazembe.
Luongo has been a great player for Rangers. Where I live, every fucker is either Rangers or Chelsea so easy to keep tabs.

Arguably one of the most consistent Champo performers of the last 5 years.

Difficult thread as when you think of someone you google them and then you know what happened to them !

Example being Mabizela.... i’ll Google Toda shortly. We scraped a few barrels in the early to mid 2000’s

True, let's do it another way then. Guess the player!

D1qJYlf.png

Darren Caskey always stays in my mind.

Same age group as me, he was the England under 18 captain who won the UEFA tournament for their age group.

He just never amounted to much in the professional game.

Amazing how many 18-21 year olds who look great never really kick on.

(Chris Day played in that England team as well -spurs youth player he ended up at Stevenage FC, a Stevenage lad and also a big Spurs fan)
I used to deliver the local paper to his parents. Never had the balls to ask them to acquire me an autograph.

True, let's do it another way then. Guess the player!

D1qJYlf.png

Kevin Stewart, I think.

They also signed our young French goalkeeper at the time too. Think it might have been Inglethorpe who snapped them up when he went to Liverpool.

Back
Top Bottom