What will happen this summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kekerinho

ENIC COCKROACHES OUT
First of all please mods don’t merge this with the summer transfer thread..... Still think it will happen.

Anyway I’d say this summer will be critical imo if we are to stay in top 4 next year. Yeah it’s been said before and we always proved doubters wrong but this time around I think it will really make it or break it. I’m looking at the squad and it has a few weaknesses, let’s be honest. First of all, our fullbacks are not good enough for a top 4 side, Rose’s good imo but not reliable due to injuries. Davies is decent but we should play with a winger infront of him like last season when Son often played on the left in the 4-2-3-1. Then in CM we realistically have Dier, Sissoko and Winks. I’d use Dele further forward imo. Wanyama’s spent, idk if he will ever get back in the first team. Dier is ok, Winks is a good player, Sissoko decent and I like his progress this season but still a bit too clumsy for a top 4 side. CM also looks thin on paper if you ask me. We also have the likes of Toby and Eriksen who’re likely to leave. Toby may be replaced by Sanchez, but Eriksen is gonna be hard to replace.
Add to this that Jan is getting old, Lloris looks past it too.

So we’d need a RB and a playmaker at least if Eriksen leaves this summer. Of course ideally we should buy a CM and maybe a good young CB, Vert and Sanchez can hold the ground and Foyth to slot in a back 3 or as back-up.

But the stadium drains all the money so realistically are we in a position to invest the money we make off selling players? Do we have to sell more players for funds to buy 2-3 good players?

Last edited:
Back on thread I think a lot depends on when we move into the stadium as I heard that it won’t be until next season

We need two FBs
That’s painfully obvious

We need at least one CB especially if Toby goes

We also need a partner for Harry as Janssen will never play again for us and Nando surely won’t be here next season

giphy.gif

Unless Enic are prepared to review, change the way they finance the on-field funding we will always fall short!
For those who think what has been achieved these past 4 years is nothing short of amazing I would agree and all the more reason to capitalise on this and take the next step and invest heavy in one of the top 6 young managers in the world and the youthful talented nucleus of this Tottenham squad.

By not doing so these past 2 windows may well (god forbid) cost us CL qualification for 19/20!
We were told by Poch it was a 5 year project 4.5 years ago. If the on-pitch investment does not happen in the summer then not only will a large percentage of the terraces question what's going on but our top players too.

I don't know about anyone else, but with the potential (above) we have, to just become another Woolwich ain't my idea of true glory!

Mods Admin Admin please merge this thread with Transfer Thread.

Nothing to see here until we know where we finish this season in both PL and CL - and even then there may be nothing new. Or something more profound than the thread tiltle

Back on thread I think a lot depends on when we move into the stadium as I heard that it won’t be until next season

We need two FBs
That’s painfully obvious

We need at least one CB especially if Toby goes

We also need a partner for Harry as Janssen will never play again for us and Nando surely won’t be here next season

Surely if TA stays (ergo new deal) then we have more than enough CBs (esp. if you factor in Dier & Davies)...?

My one caveat to that would be if we could get a young left-footed heir to Jan.

My garden fence is in need of attention so that’s the first task and a fair take on! not sure if we’re going away thought might leave til later and get something a bit cheaper but this pesky brexit nonsense your just not sure.....;)

Back
Top Bottom