What starting XI you want to see?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

11 out of the current squad, why is that relevant?

Lloris
Walker - Vlad - Vertonghen - R. Rodriguez
Witsel - Dembele
Lamela - Eriksen - Memphis
Bony

Pray...

Why is Witsel's name coming up? I haven't seen us linked to him anywhere. Zenit paid a massive sum to get him and I can only imagine what his wages are.

Why is Witsel's name coming up? I haven't seen us linked to him anywhere. Zenit paid a massive sum to get him and I can only imagine what his wages are.
Speaking for myself, i was not really that serious. Replace him with Paulinho or Vidal and i'd be happy as well.

---------------------lloris----------------
Walker-chirches- verts-Davies
--lamela--Sandro---paulinho--eriksen
------------remy-----bony--------------

----------------------Lloris--------------------------
Walker---Chiriches---Vertonghen---Rodriguez
---------------Sandro---Holtby---------------------
Lamela------------Eriksen------------------Chadli
---------------------Soldado-------------------------

As I said many times last season, the best thing for the side is minimal recruitment of players and more work on the current squad understanding one another. Can't look past Ricardo Rodriguez as a gettable and very exciting prospect at LB.

I am unashamedly a Holtby lover and think with (an in-form) Sandro he will provided the protection in the centre of the park and could link excellently with Eriksen (who I reckon will have a POTY standard year) at number 10.

Chadli I thought showed promise towards the end of last year and would like to see him have a go and Lamela of course is going to announce himself on the Premiership.

Soldado will be controversial but I still have faith in the man and want Ade sold. Not through any maliciousness towards Ade, he turned me round massively during his time here, I just think we can cash in on him and he's due an ''off'' year.

Chriches and Vertonghen can develop a relationship that may be very prosperous in years to come, both silky CB's.

Kyle Walker, best RB in the Prem. :walker-scream:

Last edited:
Lloris
Walker- Alderweireld - Vertonhen - Davies
Paulinho - Sandro
Lamela - Eriksen - Memphis/ Shaqiri
Bony

unfortunately there has been nothing linking us to Shaqiri but he is my ideal summer signing. Hopefully Liverpool pass on him. Him, Eriksen, and Lamela are all interchangeable with their positions. so much flexibility. Bony would be sweet.

Lloris
Walker Vlad Vertonghen Davies
Sandro Bentaleb
Lamela Eriksen Memphis
Adebayor

I think we could potentially use 3-4 first xi signings this summer. CB, LB, passing deep lying center midfielder, LW, RW and striker are all still big question marks in my mind for our starting 11.

While coaching was certainly our biggest problem last season, I still think our first eleven talent was at its lowest in the last five years or so. We added incredible depth but the first team talent didn't emerge immediately. I'm of massively split minds. On one hand, we were the most injured team in the league and were introducing 10 new players to the side (seven signings + Townsend, Rose, and Bentaleb). This season could turn around and players could step up. On the other hand, everyone barring Eriksen and Bentaleb had extraordinarily debut subpar seasons, even accounting first season blues you have to be wearing some strong lilywhite tinted glasses not to be slightly concerned. In addition, Sandro, Dembele, Vertonghen and Lennon regressed after strong campaigns the year before. Was it just injuries or something deeper?

Overall, IMO only Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, and Eriksen are guys that look like guaranteed first eleven players based on ability. So we have a lot of guys who haven't looked great recently but we believe have a much higher ceiling. However, there are tons of mitigating factors from last season like management, injuries, and adjustment period. So now Pochettino will have six weeks (realistically less considering how long transfers take) to assess the squad and figure out what positions need be bought at it. It isn't exactly ideal. Going to have to make a lot of correct projections about how players in our squad will progress this season. That is without even getting into the crapshoot that is the transfer market.

Lloris/Friedel
Walker/Fredericks Caulker/Chiriches Vertonghen/Kaboul Davies/Fryers
Sandro/Capoue Bentaleb/Carroll
Lamela/Lennon Eriksen/Holtby Townsend/Pritchard
Bony/Soldado/Kane

My squad, id win the league if I were manager :bae:

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Davies
Sandro Dembélé
Lamela Eriksen Townsend
Soldado

Three British in the starting eleven is the minimum for me :dawsonmean:

Id like to see us get an upgrade on dembele to play alongside sandro, im hoping that we finally get a like for like modric type, it's what should have been done 2 years ago. AVB tried with moutinho
but didnt happen. It's not Dembele, hes had 2 years now he is far to inconsistent and uninspiring to be frank. I also think its time up for lennon, will he ever find an end product, think this as good as it gets with lennon. Couldnt possibly begin to name a team yet but will do when things are a little clearer.Also wouldn't mind seeing the back of rose, soldadud, ade, chadli, siggy, and any other waste of space from last season there's quite few lol.

Lloris
Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Davies
Sandro Holtby
Lamela Eriksen Townsend
Soldado

Hoping that Poch will have faith in Chiriches and that Vertonghen will leave his attitude at the door. More than happy with Kaboul and Dawson as back-up. Naughton and Rose are decent enough for covering Fullbacks (As long as Naughton stays away from the left). Keeping Lloris on has got to be our highest priority signing.
We really have too many option in Central Midfield with established internationals like Dembele and Paulinho as well as Capoue and then the youngsters Bentaleb and Carroll. Would love to see Sandro and Holtby strike up a partnership.
I still think Left Wing is our weak point as Lennon, Andros and Lamela all prefer the right and I'm not ready to bank on Chadli all season. I would be amazed if we could pull of a signing like Shaqiri or Griezmann. If we do I will eat my hat.
Also I really want Soldado to be our main man this year, love the guy. Not too fussed with Adebayor.

If all fit and on form

Lloris

Walker / Kaboul / Vertonghen / Jansen

Sandro / Holtby or Dembele

Lamela / Eriksen / Shaqiri

Soldado

Back
Top Bottom