What starting XI you want to see?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you think would be the best Spurs starting eleven out of our current squad?

Edit:

Couldn't work out how to change the title until now, decided I wanted to change it because I thought some of the player suggestions seemed a tad too hopeful of who we may sign.

Last edited:
I'm not going to include "potential signings" because lets face it, who the hell really knows WTF is going on...
Here goes...
Lloris
Walker - Chiriches - Vertonghen - Rose
Capoue - Bentalab
Holtby - Lamela - Eriksen
Ade

I'm not going to include "potential signings" because lets face it, who the hell really knows WTF is going on...
Here goes...
Lloris
Walker - Chiriches - Vertonghen - Rose
Capoue - Bentalab
Holtby - Lamela - Eriksen
Ade
You prefer Capoue/Bentaleb over Holtby, Sandro, Dembelé and Paulinho?! I quite liked Dembelé and Sandro together when they were playing regularly and both fit.

Lloris (Cpt)
Walker Lovern Vertonghen Davies
Sandro Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Bony

Main Rotation with - Chiriches / Capoue / Paulinho / Holtby / Bentalab / Townsend / Soldado

You prefer Capoue/Bentaleb over Holtby, Sandro, Dembelé and Paulinho?! I quite liked Dembelé and Sandro together when they were playing regularly and both fit.

It seems like we can't rely on Dembele and Sandro to be fit and in form together. I rate Capoue more than Sandro and I think Bentalab has the potential to be a midfield general. Capoue will allow hime to get a little further up the field.

To be honest, I really don't know what to do with Paulinho anymore.

In theory I like the idea of Eriksen, Lamela and Holtby moving fluidly behind the striker. I might even start Holtby in the middle with Lamela on the right because Holtby has such an engine.

Lloris (Cpt)
Walker Lovern Vertonghen Davies
Sandro Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Chadli
Bony

Main Rotation with - Chiriches / Capoue / Paulinho / Holtby / Bentalab / Townsend / Soldado
Quite like the look of this! But i've never been a fan of Chadli really, but maybe he just needs more playing time to see the best out of him.

Quite like the look of this! But i've never been a fan of Chadli really, but maybe he just needs more playing time to see the best out of him.

Its the one main area for improvement although with townsend/holtby/siggy/lennon about there are some possibilities. maybe konopalanka could solve that left side problem and at about 10million would be good business.

What starting XI you want to see? (You may include potential signings)

What do you think would be the best Spurs starting eleven out of our current squad?

Make up your mind, or are you asking two questions?

Back
Top Bottom