What is our First Team midfield Trio?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So we have many players in our current squad who play in midfield, the question is who is our preferred 3. I know it varies in who we are playing and the level of our opposition, but who would be our best trio? Plus we have the likelihood of signing Eriksen now.

Opinions?

Depends on the opponent in my opinion. Assuming all are 100% fit I'd say for top 4 away games Sandro & Capoue with Paulinho/Eriksen in front. Most games will only require one of Sandro/Capoue though with Paulinho/Dembele next to them with Holtby/Eriksen in front.

---------Sandro
---Paulinho Dembele

Currently I'd say that, but Holtby and Eriksen will push for Dembeles spot and Capoue will challenge Sandro so all in all we are fuckn minted in midfield

As you said, a lot of it will depend on the opposition, but for me our best starting three in the near term would be:

CDM: Capoue
BTB: Paulinho
CAM: Eriksen

I don't think there is a "best" three out of our midfielders. It all depends on the opponent. Against Woolwich I expect Capoue, Dembele, and Paulinho. Woolwich likes to play similar to Swansea so this is the counter to that. We have enough depth and talent we can counter pretty much anything.

---------Sandro
---Paulinho Dembele

Currently I'd say that, but Holtby and Eriksen will push for Dembeles spot and Capoue will challenge Sandro so all in all we are fuckn minted in midfield

I absolutely love Sandro for a great plethora of reasons, but Capoue is IMO the best midfielder in the squad right now.

As you said, a lot of it will depend on the opposition, but for me our best starting three in the near term would be:

CDM: Capoue
BTB: Paulinho
CAM: Eriksen
You are probably right mate, just doesn't feel right not having Dembele. I know he isn't like he was last season but really like him. Can't see him playing too often with Paulinho now starting.

I absolutely love Sandro for a great plethora of reasons, but Capoue is IMO the best midfielder in the squad right now.

Guess we'll find out but for me Paulinho is the best complete midfielder we currently have. I still rate a fully fit Sandro ahead of Capoue at DM even though the Frenchman has started well.

You are probably right mate, just doesn't feel right not having Dembele. I know he isn't like he was last season but really like him. Can't see him playing too often with Paulinho now starting.

Dembele and Sandro are both excellent players who will undoubtedly still receive plenty of minutes when fully healthy. But those three are our "optimum lineup" sans knowledge of the opponent. Is no sleight to those two gentlemen whatsoever.

Kind of made myself look abit stupid with this Thread. Just wanted to know people's opinion. I wouldn't know what to do if I was Andre. With the imminent arrival of Eriksen. Providing it goes through. I would have Sandro - Paulinho - Eriksen.

Guess we'll find out but for me Paulinho is the best complete midfielder we currently have. I still rate a fully fit Sandro ahead of Capoue at DM even though the Frenchman has started well.

When Pauli doesn't wank a gimme in the box, I'll agree with you. Great player, but you can't fuck that up and be called the best in this midfield. Capoue is bloody perfect. His combination of defensive knowledge, coverage, and ability combined with his pace, touch, and passing ability is outright bizarre. I've never seen another player like him. Lamela could walk into the squad today and rip off two goals against Woolwich this weekend, and for me Capoue will still be the jewel in the crown of this fantastic transfer window. Blows my fuckin mind we got him for under 10 million pounds.

Kind of made myself look abit stupid with this Thread. Just wanted to know people's opinion. I wouldn't know what to do if I was Andre. With the imminent arrival of Eriksen. Providing it goes through. I would have Sandro - Paulinho - Eriksen.

No you didn't, I think this is a good topic for discussion considering the overwhelming depth we're looking to have here. I'm just glad I'm not AVB and having to make these decisions for real.

When Pauli doesn't wank a gimme in the box, I'll agree with you. Great player, but you can't fuck that up and be called the best in this midfield. Capoue is bloody perfect. His combination of defensive knowledge, coverage, and ability combined with his pace, touch, and passing ability is outright bizarre. I've never seen another player like him. Lamela could walk into the squad today and rip off two goals against Woolwich this weekend, and for me Capoue will still be the jewel in the crown of this fantastic transfer window. Blows my fuckin mind we got him for under 10 million pounds.

Twas but one chance and the keeper got lucky it hit Williams or it would've flew in. He megged the shit out of somebody to in that match, made them look a proper tosser, can't remember who though. I'm well impressed with Capoue too but Pauli for me is a real box to box beast.

Twas but one chance and the keeper got lucky it hit Williams or it would've flew in. He megged the shit out of somebody to in that match, made them look a proper tosser, can't remember who though. I'm well impressed with Capoue too but Pauli for me is a real box to box beast.

That chance was just the combination of an excellent save with the luck of another defender standing there to prevent the ricochet. I'm talking about the chance when he got past the keeper and chose to chip it, and by doing so put it over the goal. Even the very best make mistakes, it's true. And he is in fact an excellent midfielder. But until he achieves perfection a la my man Capoue, he's second best for me.

That chance was just the combination of an excellent save with the luck of another defender standing there to prevent the ricochet. I'm talking about the chance when he got past the keeper and chose to chip it, and by doing so put it over the goal. Even the very best make mistakes, it's true. And he is in fact an excellent midfielder. But until he achieves perfection a la my man Capoue, he's second best for me.

Me memory has deserted me :klinsmann:

As it stands now, Capoue and Sandro as the holding players with Paulinho further forward. This will probably change when/If Eriksen is signed. Surely we only need one of Sandro or Capoue at home against teams like Hull and Palace for example.

Back
Top Bottom