What does Luton Town mean to you (if anything)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

David Pleat dancing across Maine Road ……
B9-A2-A6-AD-B358-466-A-9-CC9-1-C1-CD5-F9-D80-B.gif
…Eric Morecambe….. Erm that’s it

Would like to see both Luton and Coventry back in Prem. As this isn’t possible I’m rooting for Luton as it would be a perfect ending to their story.

Plus, I’d love to visit their famous away. Proper old school.

Used to date a girl from Luton as a teen:

Vomiting outside their one decent nightclub.
Vomiting in a cab after dozens of roundabouts.
Sunday lunch at a club with lots of Irish singing ‘The Jolly Ploughboy’ and other favorites.
The shitty away end at Kenilworth Road.

Kin hate Luton.

I just remember them having a plastic pitch when I started following English football.

Oh, and (as a Dane) that they had a Danish striker at the time, who incidently was not a well man. Later joined a couple of cults, did some kind of naked (maybe semi-naked) stunt on Trafalgar Square, and then this at a match in the Danish top division:

14521582-elstrup-banelber.jpg

Half my footballing pals were at Luton youth, they asked me to train but I was at Portsmouth

All under the guise of ol’ pleaty…. My brother for example was a Luton youth keeper

I’ve a few mates that support them and they’ve really been through the mincer

Been to see them a few times over the years so I’m rooting for them

However their Men In Gear MIGS are fucking laughable and the ground….like the town is a disaster

Ashley grimes. I got him a fucking million times in pannini 88.
Bedford sponsored them and had an adidas kit. Oh yeah and mick Hartford

The 0-0 draw in midweek April 1991 where we didn't even fill the bus stop of an away end. I spent most of the game trying to get the attention of a cat which had wandered into our seats.

They beat Woolwich in the 1988 League Cup Final.

They were also the team who ended Norwich City's 1959 FA Cup run when they got to the semi-finals as a third tier team beating us, Manchester United and Sheffield United along the way:

One thing to note with this was that Norwich entered the competition in the 1st round and most of their ties went to replays so they actually played a lot more matches than most teams that win the trophy. In those days, Norwich wore black shorts instead of green:

Been there a couple of times in the away end with mates following lower league football. I like the ground as it’s genuinely unique. But the town wasn’t great. And Luton fans are pretty scummy.

Back
Top Bottom