What do you expect for the rest of the season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we manage to produce some consistent performances from here until the end of the season, then we should be getting top 4.

As the match yesterday, we have the capability to beat some of the best, so that should stand us in good stead in the FA Cup.

Champions League, I think a bit more difficult, as it's over two legs, but I think Leipzig could turn out to be a more favourable draw than I originally thought. They are having some issues behind the scenes. Flying in celebrity hair dressers etc. and nobody at that club has any experience in this stage of the competition. Could be a bit like us vs. Juve a couple of seasons ago. On form we should have beaten them, but they had some wiley old players who know what's needed in this situation.

Apart from that, I just hope that we start seeing a coherant plan taking place, so that come next season we're not experimenting, but players know their roles and we can really push on.

You didn't take it though, you initially approached me not the other way round.
You started it, I finished it.
You finished it by offering 1000 stake we wouldn’t finish top 6.
Three weeks ago.

Today you expect 6th. That’s great, I told you not judge after 12 weeks didn’t I.

Now I think we’re boring everyone....move on, we can all read the exchange.

You finished it by offering 1000 stake we wouldn’t finish top 6.
Three weeks ago.

Today you expect 6th. That’s great, I told you not judge after 12 weeks didn’t I.

Now I think we’re boring everyone....move on, we can all read the exchange.
No I simply told you to make it 1000, at which point you shut up.
Yep because we improved, but if we pay badly and start slipping down the league, I will change my mind.

No .

I think we will keep dropping points.

Only next season will we season Mourinhos stamp on the team I reckon but still think we have enough to have a decent enough season considering what's happened
What would you call a decent season?

What would you call a decent season?
Depends how I'm looking at it.

If were talking about how Mourinho has done versus how the club has.

Top four is imperative to our rebuild so that's the bare minimum but if we dont get that i cant fully blame the manager as there are so many factors.

I guess what we should be looking for is by thr end of the season are we more consistent, do we have a system that is working and are we looking forward to next season.

That might be a bit of a kop out though.

Depends how I'm looking at it.

If were talking about how Mourinho has done versus how the club has.

Top four is imperative to our rebuild so that's the bare minimum but if we dont get that i cant fully blame the manager as there are so many factors.

I guess what we should be looking for is by thr end of the season are we more consistent, do we have a system that is working and are we looking forward to next season.

That might be a bit of a kop out though.
No I'd take that, the summer transfer window will be so important though.

Why? You didn't take the bet anyway so what does it matter?
It matters because it’s funny to see people who were pining after Poch and claiming we weren’t better off under Jose now getting all tingly at the thought of 4th...

Im still saying 4th-6th. You’re now on the fence after being confident of mid table 3wks ahi.

Again, that’s fine. Maybe not judge after 12 weeks next time though

:adethumbup:

It matters because it’s funny to see people who were pining after Poch and claiming we weren’t better off under Jose now getting all tingly at the thought of 4th...

Im still saying 4th-6th. You’re still on the fence.

Again, that’s fine. Maybe not judge after 12 weeks next time though

:adethumbup:
Here we go, Poch again. Forget about him.

4th -6th is a judgement after 12 weeks.

Here we go, Poch again. Forget about him.

4th -6th is a judgement after 12 weeks.
Yeah based on the quality of the manager and most of the squad.
The problem for you is that you thought the squad only got 4th and to a CL final due to a miracle worker.
So you judged on that basis. After 12wks that was pretty naive

Back
Top Bottom