What do you expect for the rest of the season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5th or 6th any higher or a trophy is a bonus.

Well this is awkward:

We should keep him then, because that's where were heading , a solid mid table side that isn't special.
Bet you 500 quid we don’t finish mid table
How do I know you will pay me?
I know some of you have got a hard on for Jose to fuck up, but it won’t happen
That doesn't answer my question.
Clearly it does, because my answer is that I won’t have to pay you because we will finish between 4th and 6th..as in 4th, 5th or 6th
No it doesn't.
If you can't even answer this question, then I can't rely on you to pay up.

High expectations.

And why not?

Spurs are my team and I want the best for them

In my view a corner was turned yesterday in our general never say die attitude as typified by Sonny’s second half performance

Jose is starting to work his magic

Long way to go but we’re underway

More clarity on who stays and who goes.

I suspect we are seeing the last days of Vertonghen because age has caught up with him, that Dier is in the last chance saloon because of performance and that one or two more will fall by the wayside.

That will clear the decks for the summer..

For this season and results, I am hoping for consistency and maybe an FA Cup run

That's it.

And why not?

Spurs are my team and I want the best for them

In my view a corner was turned yesterday in our general never say die attitude as typified by Sonny’s second half performance

Jose is starting to work his magic

Long way to go but we’re underway
4th is a possibility because the teams are close but winning the FA cup and getting to the CL semi final is a big big ask.

What I expect is everyone getting on the same wavelength (including you walkie-talkie man) and really supporting the team, building a good constant head of support so that when we lift the FA cup and knock the <removed>s out of 4th spot at the end of the season we can say we have done our bit as REAL supporters! COYS.

Not for me, we've shown some improvement and we have a new player now. Could easily end up midtable anyway and you didn't take the bet, so how confident are you?
Hahahaha
Ahhh so three weeks ago you bet me a 1000 quid we wouldn’t finish at least 6th.
Now you see a good result and change your mind.

While trying to belittle MY confidence in the team.
Why would I take the bet? You spent that morning saying I wouldnt pay etc etc

League : 4th. Don't see why we can't get it. If Sheffield United beats us to it, it's unforgivable on our part.
FA Cup : Semi Final at minimum. Would love to win it.
Champions League : Quarter Final. Anything beyond that is a great achievement by José.

Hahahaha
Ahhh so three weeks ago you bet me a 1000 quid we wouldn’t finish at least 6th.
No you see a good result and change your mind.

While trying to belittle MY confidence in the team.
Why would I take the bet? You spent that morning saying I would pay etc etc
Actually it is not the result but the general play which I've been most encouraged with, which is better than a midtable team, if we keep it up then we won't finish there.

That's not a reason not to take the bet and you know it.

Ups and downs.

We were so poor yesterday until Zinchenko got sent off, then suddenly remembered we could play football.

Wednesday night will be another gauge how we are coming along. I expect a tight game with flashes of hope and moments of fear and disbelief.

It's how we kick on from an important win yesterday. If we go back to turgid shite football after playing well at the end of the game, we know the season isn't going to be fun.

To take 4th to the final day at least.

To get Valencia in the CL QF after beating Leipzig

To win every remaining home game and turn the new stadium in to a fortress.

For Kane to return for the North London Derby and score a hatrick.

To be the team that relegates West Ham.

Actually it is not the result but the general play which I've been most encouraged with, which is better than a midtable team, if we keep it up then we won't finish there.

That's not a reason not to take the bet and you know it.

I bet you 500 pounds we would finish lowest 6th.

You bet me 1000 pounds we wouldn’t.

Now try and spin that into you backing the team more than I did.

LOL

I bet you 500 pounds we would finish lowest 6th.

You bet me 1000 pounds we wouldn’t.

Now try and spin that into you backing the team more than I did.

LOL
No you didn't read your own quote.
You bet me 500 that we wouldn't finish midtable, I said make it a 1000 and you didn't answer as far as Im aware.

Expect?

For us to continue playing like we have a plan. To continue to see improvements defensively as well as getting a coherent attack going with players like GLC, Ndombele and Bergwijn being a big part of the new Spurs.

I don't EXPECT top four or trophies. I do however expect us to give our all in every remaining game to help achieve those goals.

I think this is a great chance to win a pj trophy this season and we've got one of the best of all time managing us to help do that.

The game at Stamford Bridge will tell us all we need to know about our top four aspirations. One win there in 30 years means it won't be easy but we are more than capable of beating an out of form Chelsea team. Or atleast not lose to them.

We haven't got to play Man City or Liverpool again in the league this season. We have Woolwich and Man Utd at home. Time to get a run going.

No you didn't read your own quote.
You bet me 500 that we wouldn't finish midtable, I said make it a 1000 and you didn't answer as far as Im aware.
Keep digging, I just posted the whole exchange and everyone can read it.

You bet me 1000 pounds we would not finish 4th, 5th or 6th.

Then some others jumped in later and started claiming that 7th was mid table.
I even said to that:
Take 7th I don’t give a fuck I just said we’d finish at least 6th anyway

You’ve done yourself up pal. You could have just laughed this off, it’s not even a big thing.....But you’re desperation is embarrassing

Keep digging, I just posted the whole exchange and everyone can read it.

You bet me 1000 pounds we would not finish 4th, 5th or 6th.

Then some others jumped in later and started claiming that 7th was mid table.
I even said to that:

You’ve don’t yourself up pal.
Really?
what you quoted doesn't say that, show it if it does.

Really?
what you quoted doesn't say that, show it if it does.
The exchange is already posted, just follow it.
You see how sentences work in chronological order?
The last thing I said was we’ll finish 4th, 5th or 6th.
The last thing you did was to say “make it 1000”.

You seem to think life works on a technicality and because there isn’t a post where you say:

“I HEREBY DECLARE A BET TO YOU MISTER SAMMYSPURS TO THE SUM OF 1000 BRITISH POUNDS THAT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB WILL NOT FINISH TOP 6 AND WILL FINISH MID TABLE”

......that means it didn’t happen....

stand for your opinions and be a man about it. I told you not to judge after 12 weeks.

The exchange is already posted, just follow it.
You see how sentences work in chronological order?
The last thing I said was we’ll finish 4th, 5th or 6th.
The last thing you did was to say “make it 1000”.

You seem to think life works on a technicality and because there isn’t a post where you say:

“I HEREBY DECLARE A BET TO YOU MISTER SAMMYSPURS TO THE SUM OF 1000 BRITISH POUNDS THAT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FOOTBALL CLUB WILL NOT FINISH TOP 6 AND WILL FINISH MID TABLE”

......that means it didn’t happen....

stand for your opinions and be a man about it. I told you not to judge after 12 weeks.
Well it didn't happen because you didn't take the bet did you? Nope.

Back
Top Bottom