What’s this about the pod encouraging fans to grass up Moura?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It would be good if those responsible would come on here and tell everyone what it is exactly they are accusing Lucas of.

Why would they, when it's easier to drone on about values, tolerance, inclusion and so forth.

I remember A LOT of the Spurs hipster following slagging him from day 1 on Twitter for "being a fasch".

Meanwhile, in complete silence, Mo Salah is fraternazing with actual muslim warlords who throw gays off buildings.

This is brilliant no one has a clue what he even tweeted that has caused offense and we are ALL offended.

Some are offended because of something he may have tweeted (or may not)

Other are offended because those who are offended don't know why they're offended

Only I seem offended because encouraging fans to grass up their own players is so amazingly "new fan nonsense" that it doesn't even compute in my noggin.
Being a supporter of genocide committer bolsanaro is offensive in itself.

Yes, how dare a Christian man from another continent, who’ve just recently moved here, not instantly adopt the exact same beliefs as us on any topic!

Cancel him!!!

mob GIF
I agree, he should be burnt af the stake for this atrocity. Doesn't he understand that if you don't support the same views as the twitter world you're a disgusting racist?

Smash Twitter and the like into a billion pieces.

Problem solved.

That said, it makes me worry about my cultural heroes...

"Mr Coltrane, what is your stance on gender-neutral bathrooms?"

COLTRANE_John.jpg

"Señor Cervantes, where do you stand on the issue of reparations for slavery?"

miguel-de-cervantes.jpg

So he's a C now?? This is mental!!

Maybe, hes just a footballer who's spent less time in school than Ahab, who struggles with some of the more basic concepts and deep down hes a bit harmless.

Sounds to me you lads would prefer a Mendy to a lad who has some wacky ideas.

Lets grass him to his employers.

I will make a clear stand against Lucas’ beliefs (with the caveat that he should be allowed to hold his beliefs).

My understanding is that Lucas has tweeted support for Bolsanero and does in fact support Bolsanero, principally for his stance on crime. Everything I say assumes that this is correct and if it is incorrect then this post is worthless.

Please bear in mind it is not WOKE or boring left wing sensitivity to find Bolsanero despicable.

Bolsanero is a supporter of outright political violence. He is not, like Johnson, irresponsible with his words in a way which encourages a few right wing idiots to harass left wing politicians. He is a firm and forthright advocate of violence against political opponents and people he does not like.

He told a congresswoman that he wouldn’t rape her because that was not good enough for her. He called her ugly. He was convicted for these comments in a court of law.

He said he couldn’t love a gay son and would rather they died in a car accident. He said if he saw two gay people kissing on the street he would beat them.

Bolsanero is a convicted racist. In a Brazilian court of law.

Bolsanero said Pinochet did not go far enough and that left wingers need to be exterminated. He has said only civil war and 30,000 deaths could improve the country. He’s not just a holocaust denier but I holocaust supporter.

He has called for the extermination of a centre-right politician.

He has said voting won’t change anything, only mass murder.

I could go on and on but these are views expressed over 20+ years.

And in this context Lucas Moura is able to say that he not only tolerates but supports Bolsanero.

The fact is Lucas Moura is probably pretty thick and his understanding of social issues and democracy probably quite poor. That is the only reasonable explanation for his views imo.

So there is no good defence for Moura’s political views and you have to take a good hard look at yourself if you think support of Bolsanero is in any way good. It is at the very least a position which tolerates a lot of awful things.

But I don’t give a shit what some uneducated guy thinks about Bolsanero if in his professional capacity he turns up for Tottenham.

I mean the last sentence would have done the job but thanks for the background. Im not liking some tweets means he supports all those things. Even if he did, do you GRASS to his employer.

If you are normal, no you do not.

Windy said it was to do with anti trans rights or something so I'm sure he wouldn't make it up and his heart was in the right place.

I'm mixed race myself fwiw and it makes me a little uncomfortable that a middle class white person is trying to cancel a black foreigner because he shares a different political view. Rather than write letters to the club trying to get a black player sacked, it might be better to send Lucas himself some positive stories/pictures of some of our trans fans. You catch more flies with honey than being a white knight saviour

All reeks massively of the same shit missionaries did 200 years ago to the poor heathens in the sticks. Twitter really needs to die. Even that podcast View From The Lane has a gooner fan white anglo demanding Jewish fans think what he thinks or be seen as an anti-semite in the history books. I just want to listen about football.

Probably being racist myself but why do these types of blokes all look the same?

Does anyone even fucking know word for word what it is that Lucas allegedly “liked”?

Or are we just basing the anti-trans stuff off what someone on the internet said.

Back
Top Bottom