West Ham - League cup game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that's funny......because the last time we won the league cup both Berbatov and Keane wanted to leave to play Champions League football

A few months later we were rock bottom of the league with 2 points from 8 games

Struggling to see your point here. How are these two things related?

Are you saying they wanted to leave, because we won "only" the league cup? Or we shouldn't have won it in the first place?

How can we dream of winning CL(lol) when we're struggling to even win a Coca Cola Cup?

We have a remote chance of winning PL and zero chance of winning CL. We should be targeting to win domestic cups and europa league first to build a winning mentality. Then we can go from there.

Atletico didn't win la liga out of nowhere. They won twice both Europa and copa de la rey four years before they ultimately won they league.

Fergie Utd won FA in 90, uefa Cup in 91 before they won their first league title in 26 yrs in 1993.

Success breed success.

But the Europa is a cnut of a competition because of the number of games needed to win it and the nonsense of a Champions League team parachuting into it.

Too much for me but principle 100%.

Have they even had the draw for the next round yet? If not when will it be? Will anybody be watching it?!

Joke cup, joke reaction from some.

I hope all those throwing their dummy's out of their pram don't flood these boards with praise should we beat Man United on Sat or Real next week.

They will though, some people are soooo fickle. ;-)

Yep and where did the '99 win lead to? Nowhere.

The true barometer of a team's standing is their final league position. Would be nice to win a cup but it's not the end of the world.

Just chill guys, chill.

Okay mate.

If we can fast forward to 3pm on Saturday (yep by then we know) and be sure there has been no hangover then great but it is easy to see a knock-on impact.

This is not saying we would have won the league cup. I actually doubt we would have done, given the remaining teams.

Nope this for me is about losing and highlighting that oyr strength is our team ethos.

As I said we lack players who have inspired 30 minute patches that take the game away from the opponent. Tbey are clearly not Pochettino's favoured type of player.

Yet the league has been won in the last 2 years by just tbat on top of a strong team.

Hazard and Mahrez.

We could easily become the nearly team if we are not careful.

But it's how we lost, and even more infuriating, who we lost to.
We just gave those small time eel munchers a fucking great stick to taunt us with for years to come. A scandalous performance against a local rival. There should be a public apology on the official site today. Anything less would be a kick in the teeth
You realise we beat them in the League just the other day right? What's more important?

Oh no, West Ham fans will taunt us? They taunt us anyway! You ever known a West Ham fan not to?

A public apology? Do me a favour.

But it's how we lost, and even more infuriating, who we lost to.
We just gave those small time eel munchers a fucking great stick to taunt us with for years to come. A scandalous performance against a local rival. There should be a public apology on the official site today. Anything less would be a kick in the teeth
Yeah I know....fuck em. Let them live off it in League One

Okay mate.

If we can fast forward to 3pm on Saturday (yep by then we know) and be sure there has been no hangover then great but it is easy to see a knock-on impact.

This is not saying we would have won the league cup. I actually doubt we would have done, given the remaining teams.

Nope this for me is about losing and highlighting that oyr strength is our team ethos.

As I said we lack players who have inspired 30 minute patches that take the game away from the opponent. Tbey are clearly not Pochettino's favoured type of player.

Yet the league has been won in the last 2 years by just tbat on top of a strong team.

Hazard and Mahrez.

We could easily become the nearly team if we are not careful.

So fucking negative. So you're upset we went out of a competition you doubt we could win anyway?!

Ffs. You need to come out of that Gooner closet mate!

Struggling to see your point here. How are these two things related?

Are you saying they wanted to leave, because we won "only" the league cup? Or we shouldn't have won it in the first place?

He was saying finishing 17th and winning the league cup is better than finishing 2nd

I'd prefer to challenge for the league, even if we never win it.

I'm amazed this thread has reached 70 pages. Shit result in a game we dominated for 45 minutes, but ultimately in the Carabao Cup. These days it's a cup you only remember if your team won it - I don't think I could reliably name any of the last 5 years winners apart from Chelsea... and that's only because we were in the final as well.

We still look utterly vulnerable at Wembley, and so objectively speaking I'm delighted that we are doing so well in the league and outperforming everyone's expectations in the ECL.

I honestly have never felt less bothered about a domestic cup exit. Don't like West Ham, but this is about as good as their season is going to get.

In grand scheme of things 2nd place is just as good as 17th place, no difference. But winning an actual trophy counts for something.
Hahaha and you were talking about small time mentality, I'm actually amazed at the stupidity of this comment. You would rather a relegation fight and a league cup win over a title challenge. That's thinking about the grand scheme of things is it ? Mate half the team would be gone if we came even outside the top 6 let alone fucking 17th.

If everyone cares about this cup so much why didn't more of you show up, there was 35 k capacity last night that sums up how this cup is viewed. Can't believe the reaction to this loss coming off the week we've had and the position we're in. Its almost as if some of you have been waiting for this type of result to come in the league or champs but as it hasn't, have seized on the opportunity to make a massive deal about this shit competition nobody cares about until they're in the final.
I was there.
The reason myself and many of my mates are pissed off is because who it was against,not the cup itself.
Now i know for many the hammers come way down the list of teams to dislike,but i have had many many experiences with the people that follow them,so never miss a chance to bask in a victory over them(I went mental when our ladies beat their ladies at the Lane back in May...)
Sadly,despite promising early signs i cant do that this morning.
Hence why have the effing hump!

Last edited:
They'll still be looking for a new manager come the end of a season, probably from the championship. Let them enjoy their cup final at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom