West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which,if it even existed,is nowhere near the bells of St Mary-Le-Bow in Cheapside as all genuine Cockneys would know.

Just saying.
Just checked my birth certificate. This is where I popped out.
The East London Maternity Hospital in Stepney, which was 2.5 miles from St Mary-le-Bow, was in use from 1884 to 1968. ... The terms “East End of London” and “within the sound of bow bells” are used interchangeably, and the bells are a symbol of East End identity.

That’s also a new one on me..Not aware of a “Bow general hospital” the only one I can think of is Mile End hospital?
That what's on my birth certificate. I'll be happy to post it here for any non believers. So am I a genuine cockney or just a pretender? I'll be so ashamed if I'm not. I've been telling people for years, " Don't be fooled by the accent. I'm really just a cockney at heart......😡

The East London Maternity Hospital in Stepney, which was 2.5 miles from St Mary-le-Bow, was in use from 1884 to 1968. ... The terms “East End of London” and “within the sound of bow bells” are used interchangeably, and the bells are a symbol of East End identity.
Not being funny but do you keep your birth certificate handy like this?

Wikipedia is a truly wonderful thing.

That what's on my birth certificate. I'll be happy to post it here for any non believers. So am I a genuine cockney or just a pretender? I'll be so ashamed if I'm not. I've been telling people for years, " Don't be fooled by the accent. I'm really just a cockney at heart......😡

Feel free to post.

Feel free to post.
And then? Insist on a DNA test? Signed affidavit from the Local Authority? Judicial review? Hold a Public Inquiry? Take him to the European Court of Human Rights, while you still can?

Don't let him off the hook - you're onto a massive winner here.

And then? Insist on a DNA test? Signed affidavit from the Local Authority? Judicial review? Hold a Public Inquiry? Take him to the European Court of Human Rights, while you still can?

Don't let him off the hook - you're onto a massive winner here.

Think I will report him to the Pearly King and Queen Supreme Court as well.

Impersonating a Cockney is a serious offence

I consider myself an adopted cockney, as we moved to Stepney when we first came to England. There would have been a very strong wind for the Bow Bells to have been heard in sunny Malta:)

Ghastly fixture , just what we need to kick start our season , wonder how many of the poch In will defend him if we lose this?
I think we will win, but then I always do :pochfacepalm:

They are symbol to all Cockneys,not just ones born in the east end.
Barts is the closest Hospital to St Mary le bow,and that's where many Islington, Clerkenwell, Finsbury, Bloomsbury, Holborn etc Cockneys, would have been born up until 1969( i think).Mys sister was born in The Whittington, in Highgate Archway(to give the area its full name) Named because that's where Dick Whittington heard Bow Bells saying "Turn again DIck Whittington"...

Back
Top Bottom