West Ham (a) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Trippier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanchez

• TA

• Davies

• Dier

• Kane

• Moura

• Total voters
I realist that as a fellow SC poster I run the risk of abuse but here goes. “ Converts “ it seems are not too welcome. I kind of like the COYS tradition when new posters are welcomed on specific introduction posts by scores of existing members.

BC as usual you talk a lot of sense in your own lucid style. As usual some of your points are over harsh. I’m not sure it’s lack of courage by Poch in not blooding the likes of Skipp during our injury crisis. I’d like to see him coming off the bench from time to time but throwing him in to start a tough game at West Ham or any of our upcoming schedule is not realistic.

Not sure why you think you will get abuse, if you talk sense and don't try to come bollocking in like you run the place, then in all likelihood you will be accepted in the same way as all of the other posters.

You were doing pretty well up until the first sentence in the second paragraph.

:):)

Really dont get your comment... ‘grow some fucking bollocks Poch and give us a midfield back soon.’ Used to reading deluded posters who think they know better than a top quality manager but to imply his selections are wrong due to lacking bravery is a new one.

I can see some reason behind his points on style of play and identity but the team selection rants always confuse me. Not singling out bus-conductor bus-conductor but the point is these are the players Pochettino has to pick from. We have to do with them until January at the least. I know we have our favorites and our not so likeable players but it becomes an agenda when we can't acknowledge someone having a good game without adding an irrelevant caveat. Take that to the player threads and keep the rating threads about the game in discussion. Sissoko could perform a Zidane vs Brazil performance and he'd still get no more than a 6.5 from many because he's Sissoko.

Its some of the coaching, tactics and team selections that I’m struggling with. It’s hard to see a coherent ethos anymore.
Some quite interesting stats on the BBC last week. Article:

Jose Mourinho: Would sacking Man Utd manager be justified?

Two most interesting charts here to save anyone the time:

Closing-Down.png

Tackling.png

No coherent ethos???

Value your thoroughness but you really undermine the issues our club have faced in a time where we have to really grind it out for the greater good.

No home advantage

No pre-season for the majority of our first XI

Ten important players missing at key moments so early in the season already - Lloris and Vorm - at the same time it needs to be said, Aurier, Rose, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Dele, Eriksen, Lamela has missed a couple and is in form & Son, let alone the lack of form from key players when they have been fit and available.

No transfers during the summer

And did I mention we still have no home advantage and experienced a very deflating moment when we were told our return home was further delayed?

We cannot judge until we are back at Spurs, back in the rhythm, back to feeling like we have a place to generate such a swagger and with the lack of ins & outs, stadium disillusion, tweaks and knocks and nowhere to stamp your home turf mark it really has been a boost in the arm and all the fans should see it like that, even if we know the football hasn't been champagne football like we experience 12-24 months ago.

With all of these things well and truly in play for us recently results have been the only thing that has mattered and that's what we have mustered.

We all love Spurs, we want to see them do well and do it in style but at the moment it's purely about keeping with the pack, pure grit and grinding is all that's required until we get all things settled and smoothly moving along, possibly for another month or two in my opinion dude

Brilliant post. Good to see the majority know what it’s about.

Still a fair few morons of the opinion “if we won every game we’d be top” floating around.
The sort of people who think it’s the end of the world because we’ve been disjointed but winning......while the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Utd have surpassed us....hmmmm.
As far as I’m aware, City Chelsea and Pool have been playing at peak levels. Yet here we are level with one and just two points of the others. So what about a little optimism for when we click then?

As you point out, just so many injuries.
Right now playing without Dele and Eriksen, but apparently our squad isn’t good enough despite, again, sitting just two points behind the in form teams and level with the other.

So what gives?

The reserves should be playing like Brazil 70? Grinding out wins is only good enough for Klopp? Or a gritty City?
We lost two games and it was meltdown.
Now 1-0 wins are beneath us.

I watched the game again today, minus the stress. We were excellent. There’s good things to come, the squad getting fitter, and sharper, and far from shitting my pants over the next 22 days fixture list I can’t wait.

It’s always nice to make a post after beating the wankers that are West Ham, it’s becoming as satisfying as beating the goons recently.

But having said that, I enjoy my life as a Spurs fan so much more when not invested in this place, where optimism comes to die.
“I’d take a scratchy 1-0 win.......but we didn’t win 4-0 so I’m livid”

You really learn to fall back in love with it all when you’re not constantly exposed to the opinions of negative Spurs fans all the time.

Special shout out to KingDawson......would you still rather have Fabregas than Winks?
Not so funny now is it. Too many can’t see past their own noses (or Ndombeles cock hehe). That’s why you get awful shit posted like the OP in this thread.

Back the squad, watch the games, and dare I say, try enjoy supporting your fucking team once in a while.
Or just continue sounding like a failed writer who lacks knowledge of the sport, I really don’t care.

Keep up the good work all you true lot

YIIIIDDDDDOS

I missed most of the 2nd half, but thought Sissoko was our most impressive player in the first 45. I’m really not a fan of him, but he was already impressing me before he created the match winning moment.

Your posts earlier today demonstrated your complete lack of football knowledge - and what’s worse, your agenda against some of our players is embarrassing. This kind of cool headed after match analysis would be more welcome if it wasn’t written by a fucking troll. You said “that was wank”. If you’d played the game to any reasonable standard, you’d realise it wasn’t. I know you’re a SC reject, but you’ve already outlived your time on here. You lose sight of the objective - every time, and your childish refusal to acknowledge Sissoko’s match winning contribution was telling.

I’m an SC reject too, Mr Clash.

Think of us as raggy dolls. We’re made imperfectly, but despite our maladies we can still offer something to society, and provide whimsical adventures along the way.

Except Ol’ Gibbsy. That SC reject is just a twat.

I agree that you are capable of whimsy, but some of the other newcomers are just arseholes. This place is worse since they joined. Lightweight Americans saying “oh I missed the game - I was out jogging. How did we play?” They’re more interested in talking about food.

Other newcomers? I signed up two years before you, you young whippersnapper!

Value your thoroughness but you really undermine the issues our club have faced in a time where we have to really grind it out for the greater good.

No home advantage

No pre-season for the majority of our first XI

Ten important players missing at key moments so early in the season already - Lloris and Vorm - at the same time it needs to be said, Aurier, Rose, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Dele, Eriksen, Lamela has missed a couple and is in form & Son, let alone the lack of form from key players when they have been fit and available.

No transfers during the summer

And did I mention we still have no home advantage and experienced a very deflating moment when we were told our return home was further delayed?

We cannot judge until we are back at Spurs, back in the rhythm, back to feeling like we have a place to generate such a swagger and with the lack of ins & outs, stadium disillusion, tweaks and knocks and nowhere to stamp your home turf mark it really has been a boost in the arm and all the fans should see it like that, even if we know the football hasn't been champagne football like we experience 12-24 months ago.

With all of these things well and truly in play for us recently results have been the only thing that has mattered and that's what we have mustered.

We all love Spurs, we want to see them do well and do it in style but at the moment it's purely about keeping with the pack, pure grit and grinding is all that's required until we get all things settled and smoothly moving along, possibly for another month or two in my opinion dude

I think some of these mitigating issues are completely valid. But not all. It doesn't matter where you play ultimately, you still want to see a decent coached ethos. And I don't mean or expect us to play like Guardiola's Barca circa 2012, I just mean some cohesion to what we are doing with and especially without the ball. We've gone from being a very proactive type of team to one that spends big chunks of the game being reactive. And I'm not just talking about the games against teams like Liverpool or ManC.

Some injuries to key players is definitely a factor, and the WC and pre-season, but even before we lost players like JV, Alli and Eriksen, Poch was making some odd selections, constantly switching between formats, against Cardiff he selects Son, who's done a season, a WC, an asian games then straight into a season over Lamela who's fresh as a daisy and bang in form. Continually playing Moura as a CF, Kane as a kind of 10. There's three kids who all equipped themselves really well in pre-season against decent opposition, they are dynamic, industrious, tenacious, technically good and metronomic. Not one of them gets a look in, and we watch Dier trundle through game after game, Sissoko...

All of the things you mention are a factor, but some (not all) of this goes back further, to last season and a little beyond.

We've gradually changed from being a really intense, pro-active, about the collective, to being a more risk averse, slightly reactive (at times), individually reliant team. But it's not like we are Conte's Chelsea, or Simeoni's Atletico, suffocating the opposition and countering with a bit of elan, we are just a bit of an incoherent and at times incompatible mish mash of tactics, formats and personnel right now it seems to me.

I acknowledge Sissoko’s contrinution to our goal in both the match thread and this one.

The rest of your silly - if I’d ever played the game - proper football geezer, hackneyed cliched bullocks - you can blow out your fucking arse.
Why don't you find a message board where your turgid and witless analysis will be appreciated?
KUMB springs to mind

I don't agree about Dembele, he's a ghost of the "best" Dembele last two years. And lets be honest, first two years he was with us he managed about 35% of games too, so there's hope for Wanyama. And I think Wanyama just needs a run of games to get that match rhythm back, I hope anyway. Even Poch isn't always picking Dembele when available some of the time, either through fitness management or performance management.

I'd probably go:

Lloris

Trippier--------TA----------JV----------Rose

Winks-------Wanyama----------Eriksen

Lamela--------Kane----------Alli
(I don't mind who plays out of Sanchez and TA, as they both have different skills that I like). Depending on the opposition I'd consider putting Alli in the CM3 in place of Winks and then putting Moura as the WLF.

Fair enough but I still think Dembele is better than Winks and I tend not to agree regarding Sanchez and Toby. I think Davinson has too many unpolished areas compared to Alderweireld so I'd always go with him until the time comes when things change

Why should you get so worked up about it? Let the people that want to join in the discussion, discuss, and get off your high horse of “you are wrong and thus need to get off the boards”.

Unless bus’s posts are taking up a huge bandwidth on the servers (no in part due to you firing off), what is the issue?

Don’t enter and leave it be?
What makes you think I'm worked up?

I think it's a laugh, and folks like you just make it funnier.
Gibbs was funny to laugh at until everyone got bored with him. What I don't get is people with Rhino hides so impenetrable that faced with a sea of negativity they just don't take the hint.
Do you remember when MOTD was worth watching? Now it's 10% of YouTube highlights, and 90% analysis paralysis - but at least it's by people who played at the top level, not some "know it all" pub bore with a captive audience.

I'm not going to apologise for being an idealistic Spurs supporter who doesn't want to see endless tirades against players that let us down (in their ignorant opinion) or one that looks at the situation and sees the glass half full. Frankly I can't stand seeing some grandstanding ignoramus spouting cobblers about my team, and as far as I see it, if someone stands up and puts their half baked ideas out in public, then the public has the right to throw rotten tomatoes to show what they think.
People are happy to do it to me, so now it's my turn.

If you want to (metaphorically) suck his dick and stroke his ego then go right ahead. Just remember though, we can see you on here, so you might like to go some place a little more private.

You're just becoming an apologist for your fellow SC reject ... we've in the middle of our best EPL start ever, we've dropped just 6 points in 9 games ... we're not 'desperately missing' anyone, we're 'coping magnificently' despite having an injury ravaged squad ...

Was it some sort of pre-requisite on SC to always be glass-half-full or were you two just two of the most negative posters on there?

Personal agendas against Salah, Noble, Tery, Baton, Fellani, Costa any Woolwich player ... that's fair enough ...

But to continuously dig-up the players you claim to support? what the fuck is that all about?

This is Bus-Conducters latest verbal diarrhea:

"Sissoko, his technique is atrocious, his passing is clunky, a ball rarely glides to its recipient"

Yet the Evening Standard's professional football reviewer, who isn't even a Spurs fan, said:

In a sluggish first half, it was Sissoko who drove Spurs forward from midfield, starting and very nearly finishing the best move of the opening period when his first-time effort from Lucas Moura's pass was deflected over the bar. And then came his assist, a fine step inside a flat-footed Anderson onto his weaker left foot and a perfect cross for Lamela to nod home. Sissoko is unlikely to ever be anything more than a squad player for Spurs but this performance has come at a good time.

"Dier isn't much better. It's like watching Frankenstein on a sherbet enema"
no it's not, but it is like reading illiterate drivel from a twelve year old ....

I could go on but that would be giving you both to much attention ... attention which is so obviously what you both desperately seek ... no wonder SC gave you the boot ....

Are you drunk? I’m guessing you’re drunk.

Back
Top Bottom