West Brom VS Tottenham Hotspur 3.2.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is dire, apart from Bale's goal.

We've been poor for the last month, I hope the team can sort it out and play with some fucking urgency and determination, too much flimsy unthreatening passing moves, going nowhere, crosses to empty air in the penalty area.

Seriously wtf are you expecting?

Hardly anyone ever gets a result away from home in PL - we are going to finish 4th, only behind the three teams in the league with virtually unlimited resources.

This is pretty much as good as it gets, so if you aren't mildly content with it then you may as well give up.

Whats with the Harry Kane love-in today??

...'cos he's a cult '80s icon!

vlcsnap-2011-04-22-00h30m57s48.png
Harry+Kane+KcfhNKbejY4m.jpg

People moaning: WBA have the best home record in the league this season apart from Everton, United and City.

Let's celebrate the cracking performances of Lewis, Bale, and Hugo rather than focusing on the negatives?

COYFS!

Cracking result. West Brom have been immense at home this season so to get 3 points there is a god send. Now we can really push on. I think the Defoe injury will be a blessing in disguise, he has been off form recently and it will force us to play someone else. Any one else.

Popov sending off was spot on, would have been disappointed with one of our players for doing that. They were always going to shut up shop after that and make it hard for us to break them down, we have struggled against sides that have done that all season, we did well today and actually had a few chances.
Ben Foster made some pretty good saves from Dempsey, Bale and Holtby.

To say we didn't create chances would be a gross misinterpretation of the facts, and to say our players were not committed to getting the result would be even worse.

Get some perspective people, we are undefeated in 9 games, playing some lovely stuff, looking very strong for fourth, and still have games at home to decide our fate against City and Woolwich.

We are Tottenham Hotspur and we can and will do this.

yes, but our away form has made our season, so we really need our home form to improve if we are going to struggle away to the likes of QPR and Norwich. Just being realistic, we won 0-1 against 10 men, look what Andy Reid said on Radio 5:

"West Brom have not done too badly since the goal. I have been disappointed with Tottenham as they have just sat back, but you never know what can happen.
"West Brom are there for the taking but Spurs are just content to get men behind the ball."

after earlier saying:
"Gareth Bale cut inside on his tremendous left foot and gave Ben Foster no chance. That goal was just a matter of time.
"It is attack v defence at the moment. The stupidity of what Goran Popov did is that his team-mates are suffering against 11 strong Spurs players.
"I think Spurs will be two or three up very soon."

It would be nice for a spurs side to kill off a game more often, but at least we got rid of that curse of conceding goals and dropping points in the last few minutes (it's been the other way round)

Who cares what Andy Reid has to say????

I do love this magical world where teams batter the opposition 5-0 every week........the reality is the nearly all games are won by fine margins.

MATCH THREAD

images
images

Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-West-Brom-Preview-182342.jpg

Last time we played these fuckers they were in good form and were a pain in the arse, they got a draw at the lane.
It's a must win game with Everton playing Villa on Saturday at home, and with Paul Lambert looking as lost as Boris Johnstone at a Death Metal concert I don't fancy them to do us a favour. So we will likely go into this fixture in 5th place.

West Brom have not won a game since beating QPR in December and are not exactly in the form of their lives, they have been leaking goals and even let in 2 against Villa.

I expect them to park the bus and to try and stop us from playing. But now we have our German tin opener Ja and he Vill cut you like ein knife!!!!!

Lewis+Holtby+during+Tottenham+training.png

Our last two transfer windows have been heavily criticized (some fair, some not) but it must be said we've made some great signings. Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, and Holtby (maybe being presumptuous but he certainly looks a player) are guys that can lead your team sheet for years to come. Plus, if Adebayor comes back to last year's form and Sigurdsson is still young. Overall, we've done good work IMO.

In regards to this year, we'll go as far as Bale takes us. When he plays like this we are a different team. However, he still has the tendency to disappear from time to time.

Good win I thought.

Regardless of whether Defoe is playing with injections/a knock, he clearly needs a rest - 2 goals in 10 games, and some ridiculously poor performances in that time IMO. Needs to be an impact sub for a few games to get his spark back against tired legs.

I'd play Holtby off Dempsey, but I've heard that Holtby will be on the bench, so I expect Dempsey to play off Defoe.

Lewis Holtby
2 minutes ago ·
Großer großer Sieg!!!
Wichtige 3 Punkte..
Gareth ist eine Granate!!
Danke für das Lied , riesen Unterstützung heute...
Gänsehaut überall!!! :)

Great Great Win!!!:))
Important 3 points..
Gareth , legend!!!
Thx for The Song , what Support..goosebumbs all over:)

Didn't realize it was Lennon's 300th appearance too.

@Aaron7Lennon: Important win today especially after results went our way yesterday, also buzzing to have made my 300th appearance for spurs #coys

Back
Top Bottom