We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the 90th minute is when Spurs actually became an irrelevance as it sunk in Liverpool had just won the European cup

I then sent numerous texts to friends and family back in England sending condolences as the mass media and every TV channel will be stuffed full of programming such as “Klopp - My Dream” and “Firminho’s Odyssey” for a minimum of five years

May god have mercy on your eyes and ears
Klopp, Salah, Henderson, Firmino, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner... And then Souness, Nicol, Carragher..then their fans..

Cruel times ahead of us

We blew it yesterday, yes the ref was a scouse cunt but we had ample time to get an equaliser. We had lots of possession and did fuck all with it, except pass the ball back. Liverpool were there for the taking, they played better last year and lost. I said before I can take losing if we do our best. This is the Champions league final, I want to see you pressing and harring Liverpool like your life depends on it, but we didn’t do that and in the end we got what we deserved....nothing.
I don’t want to hear any whining from players about not winning trophies, we needed a 2008 performance yesterday and they blew it.

This makes you proud - in the media today
- .... yet a minute after the final whistle the sound that filled the Estadio Metropolitano was not that of the Liverpool fans or the pop music blaring over the speakers. It was 17,000 Spurs supporters singing 'Oh When The Spurs Go Marching In' together, and the noise was deafening"

Unfortunately you could copy / paste the lack of clinical edge when it really matters from the other semi finals / finals we've lost under Poch. Shots straight at the keeper. Eriksen with time and space on the D and he balloons it over. This is the difference between big game players and good players who don't turn up. Eriksen, Kane, Son anonymous

On around the 90th minute Spurs actually became an irrelevance to me as it sunk in Liverpool had just won the European cup

I then sent numerous texts to friends and family back in England sending condolences as the mass media and every TV channel will be stuffed full of programming such as “Klopp - My Dream” and “Firminho’s Odyssey” for a minimum of five years

May god have mercy on your eyes and ears
In a purely sporting context it’s literally the worst thing that has ever happened on Earth.

Last edited:
We blew it yesterday, yes the ref was a scouse cunt but we had ample time to get an equaliser. We had lots of possession and did fuck all with it, except pass the ball back. Liverpool were there for the taking, they played better last year and lost. I said before I can take losing if we do our best. This is the Champions league final, I want to see you pressing and harring Liverpool like your life depends on it, but we didn’t do that and in the end we got what we deserved....nothing.
I don’t want to hear any whining from players about not winning trophies, we needed a 2008 performance yesterday and they blew it.

Exactly. We did not give a proper account of ourselves. Serious lack of intensity, urgency, and the drive and desire to win. Not playing well and things not quite coming off I can take, but we were just so slow and ponderous at times I couldn't understand their mentality. Aimless sideways passes across the back, no-one really taking a risk. I mean, did they really manage to carve out a real proper chance the whole game? So, so disappointing as Liverpool were not great at all.

I actually feel worse now than I did immediately after as my annoyance has gone and now just left with despair. Gutted. Gonna take a long time to get over...

Back
Top Bottom