We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was another season of failure...simple as...those who are satisfied with 'tried our best...lets be proud' bullshit don't win jackshit and ultimately that's what this manager and team have been doing....and it happens every March when the team collapses...not a coincidence...this was the one chance (by luck) to prove naysayers like me wrong but then again it was expecting too much from a bunch of also rans.

You're the loser here, clearly.

Maybe he's just a shit referee, but he also fucked Roma in the semis last year by no giving a ridiculous penalty and disallow a legal goal against... Liverpool.

Just to show what a truly terrible game it was for the neutral ....

Dippers had just 101 of their passes find their target in the opening 45 minutes – the fewest passes they have completed in any half of any game in any competition this season, they had just one attempt on target.

Spurs managed just two attempts in the first 45 minutes both from outside the box.

For a neutral that's like watching paint dry two days after it was applied ... feckin' awful

It was another season of failure...simple as...those who are satisfied with 'tried our best...lets be proud' bullshit don't win jackshit and ultimately that's what this manager and team have been doing....and it happens every March when the team collapses...not a coincidence...this was the one chance (by luck) to prove naysayers like me wrong but then again it was expecting too much from a bunch of also rans.
Go and support Man Citeh if all you care about is winning trophies. You really need to appreciate what this team and manager has gone through this year and we still managed top 4, securing CL qualification and making a CL Final. You can rail against the modern game as much as you like, but this is the reality of football today - without CL, you're buggered.

you guys are pathetic. With Uefa ruling it s a clear penalty and always has been. The arm is in an unatural position and came down to the ball after hitting his chest you don t need VAR for that. It s unfortunate and if it was the other team you biassed buthurt children would be livid if it wasn t given. You will see alot more of this next season, when they are gona rule harder on handballs. players don t have to score anymore, they just have to shoot at a defenders arm.
In the end it s not why we lost the match. It s because we didn t have the nerfs to create proper chances on a day where Liverpool played so badly we could have easely won this match.
please stop embarassing yourself, it reflects badly on our fan base

Don’t know if it has been brought up in this thread but, in the US on TNT we had the BT commentary in the first half (Jenas and Co.) and then we had what I’m guessing is the international feed for the second half.

Go and support Man Citeh if all you care about is winning trophies. You really need to appreciate what this team and manager has gone through this year and we still managed top 4, securing CL qualification and making a CL Final. You can rail against the modern game as much as you like, but this is the reality of football today - without CL, you're buggered.
Hear hear

Get a ma
I guess the first few lines of your posts are the relevant ones, so yes I guess we failed.

Doesn't feel like that to me through.

You accept mistakes in the pre VAR world, not in the post one. It's indefensible he didn't review it.

VAR couldn't call for a review ... the decision was correct by the rules ... just why can't you get that?

Stop whinging and suck it up, UEFA rules say (as next season do the EPL's) that if the ball strikes the arm away from the body in the penalty area then it's a penalty ... no question of intent, arm movement, no time to avoid ... if it hits the arm away from the body it's a penalty

We may not agree but that's the feckin' rule ... stop behaving like a scouser and let it go ....

Telling him to go support Man Citeh after a brutal Spurs loss via a European Final ? Come
On. Let’s not act like Spurs are some huge under-resourced long shot that has no business in the CL final. They earned their spot here today and came up big time empty on so many big football moments. Brutal Spurs loss today.

Wounded and confused but we fight another day

I felt like I was watching two English sides playing a friendly in July in the states, the players were rusty out of sync, both sides, a diabolical final that did not live up to the adventure both teams took to get there

Sadly now we get 5 Years of “Klopp - my dream” documentaries on a loop, and that’s going to be tough to deal with, the fallout will be worse than the initial explosion

Rebuild and go again, it’s all we can do now

Sleep tight and hold your loved ones close

you guys are pathetic. With Uefa ruling it s a clear penalty and always has been. The arm is in an unatural position and came down to the ball after hitting his chest you don t need VAR for that. It s unfortunate and if it was the other team you biassed buthurt children would be livid if it wasn t given. You will see alot more of this next season, when they are gona rule harder on handballs. players don t have to score anymore, they just have to shoot at a defenders arm.
In the end it s not why we lost the match. It s because we didn t have the nerfs to create proper chances on a day where Liverpool played so badly we could have easely won this match.
please stop embarassing yourself, it reflects badly on our fan base

This is simply not true - I've seen it a hundred times where a player heads the ball and it goes on to his arm which is above his head in an "unnatural" position. And on replays no-one ever thinks it's a penalty. If it hadn't been given they'd have barely discussed it at half time. But what happens when a penalty is given, those with an agenda come up with reasons why it actually was a penalty, and the rules of football basically get rewritten. They have to give this type of penalty in every game now because they've done it the fucking CL final of all places. Every time the ball touches an arm that isn't right by the players side they have to give a penalty now, because the alternative is admitting they got it wrong in the showcase final.

Back
Top Bottom