We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proud of the team and Poch tonight. Without the pen i think we would have won, having to take that after 21 seconds, you ca imagine the players thinking not again. They stood up though against a bent ref and went for it and just didn't have enough up front to get the goal which i think would have set panic in the Pool team.

Onwards and upwards, bring on next season
Here's the thing about that penalty.

I'd much rather concede a penalty with 20 seconds gone, than 20 to go. Gives you the whole match to recover. What's important is how you recover and what you do thereafter.

We simply played nice possession football, threatened nothing, until we eventually gave the ball away to a shite team that knew we were no threat. Goal kicks scare the shit out of me, they never end well, but the constant back passing just drains any momentum from the team and stops us dead in our tracks.

I honestly wish Livercunt had scored a second before half time as it might have forced our hand, rather than waiting until the last 15 minutes to have a go.

I'm genuinely interested to know what you do to hold the club to account. On the Board of the THST? Regular letters? Campaigns?

One supporter can’t - thousands can’t. I just hope others will finally start to see that something doesn’t quite add up here. You can’t have a world class manager who doesn’t have any silverware to his name. When large sections of the supporter base give the clubs manager a complete free pass something needs to change

I think Kane has a clause in his contract that when he is fit, he starts, at least that's how it seems anyway.
Lol this is fucking non-sense. I doubt any club would accept clauses like that anyway. I think the manager was aware of the Liverpool pressing and like in the Ajax game when we were pressed in the first half and didn’t create anything, we put Llorente on to bypass the midfield. Kane can act like a targetman aswell as having other qualities. But unlike that game when Llorente dominated Ajax CBs, unfortunately Kane wasn’t strong enough to battle it out with Liverpool CBs. If he started Moura that meant we would have played through the midfield or played behind their defensive line but it would have been rather difficult since they restricted our passing lanes so well (and people just think that because we created fuck all was because our players were shit, no, Liverpool did a great job in restricting our build-up play).

Just baffles me how limited some people are in the tactical aspects of the game yet they are so comfortable to put the blame on specific individuals. In fact people don’t even understand what’s the purpose of playing out the back which is a simple concept that creates space, aka inviting pressure and creating space either between the lines of behind the defensive line, depending how the opposing team presses.

They were winning and yet Klopp recognized he was shit and replaced him. We were losing and yet Klopp let a slow useless Kane play out the full match. Just very poor from Poch with the Kane start and nonsub made especially worse with Lucas not starting.

Kinda moot when peeps were melting about it even before kick off.

Kane/Lucas = Origi/Firmino.

....aaaaaand normal service is resumed. Bitch away Yiddos...
I'm out for a bit. Tonight was my personal Zenith... seeing us in a EUROPEAN Cup Final was a thing of mystery and 'other peoples' experience.... now, finally, it's ours.

I just wish we coulda gone that ONE more step... but sadly not...

See you all next season, when all the fun can begin again!!

1882 xxx

OK, so my position. People have been asking me for days whether I’m nervous. My stock and honest response was:

No, I’m just over the moon I’m watching my team in a Champions League final. If we win it’s a bonus.

In hindsight, I should have said “as long as the ref isn’t a complete incompetent cunt and I see a game of football, I’ll be over the moon. Winning it is just a bonus”.

What an absolute cunt of a day.

Lol this is fucking non-sense. I doubt any club would accept clauses like that anyway. The fact is the manager was aware of the Liverpool pressing and like in the Ajax game when we were pressed in the first half and didn’t create anything, we put Llorente on to bypass the midfield. But unlike that game when Llorente dominated Ajax CBs, unfortunately Kane wasn’t strong enough to battle it out with Liverpool CBs. If he started Moura that means we would have played through the midfield or played behind their defensive line but it was very difficult since they restricted our passing lanes.

Just baffles me how limited some people are in the tactical aspects of the game yet they are so comfortable to put the blame on specific individuals. In fact people don’t even understand what’s the purpose of playing out the back which is a simple concept that creates space, aka inviting pressure and creating space either between the lines of behind the defensive line, depending how the opposing team presses.
I get the playing out from the back and what it is meant to achieve, but we can't achieve it. How many times did we play out from the back, only to give the ball away or give away a throw in inside our half?

just got back to airbb in suburban Madrid. Can't stand being in the city centre tonight . Mixed emotions at such a rollercoaster ride , once of a lifetime ride is over.
Stuck here till Wednesday but want to go home and be with my family.

What a frustrating night at the Lane, I was convinced we’d pull one back for xtra time, I thought it was written in the stars. We didn’t deserve to lose. Fuck it. I love this team, I love this club 💪👍

Come back bigger and stronger next time 👍

It would have been great to win of course but ideally you want to win it being part of a great game. That shit show belongs in the dustbin of history. Probably 0-0 aet and penalties without the ref's intervention.

Just came back in to see the usual faces :pochbye:

That result really hurt but how can anyone not be pleased that we were there in the...

Oh fuck it, I give up poch out, levy out, we are shit and why do I bother :pochfacepalm:. Sarcasm btw.

I'll keep taking pleasure from supporting this club regardless of what it brings. I'll only leave them if I feel they have left me. That means filthy dirty murderous owners. Hopefully not in my lifetime. Just my thoughts.

As for the game, the new penalty rule is a joke and we've just seen the first instance of it being cleverly exploited.

Yes, you heard him, lads.

No criticism of any kind allowed. Otherwise you're not a true supporter.

#cringe

Oh so only professionals working in the game can comment on other professionals- got it. Best close the forum down then.

Can you get any more absurd? Part of being a supporter is about holding clubs employees to account - not giving blind unwavering support at all points.
Once again, (and again and again and again) you really don't get it. You misunderstand, or misinterpret because you're incapable of understanding.
I love reading intelligent analysis, put forward by people who understand the game better than me (you're clearly not one of them). I learn a great deal from these people. You, however are nothing more than a negative, moaning cunt. There is a difference.
The amateurs I respect put forward thoughtful, well-reasoned and intelligent points, whereas you just moan, but think you're putting the world to right - and that does my head in. You're so lacking in intellect that you cannot see the difference between critical analysis and just being a negative gob-it-off.

I'm sure I've just wasted my time (again) trying to explain to you why you're such a waste of space, so in future I shall revert to just telling you to fuck off and hope you'll understand why.

Back
Top Bottom