We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Victims of it all" is NOT a slur towards Hillsborough. You're too far way to know or understand what it refers to. What Heysel has to do with anything is the way in which Merseyside based Liverpool supporters (and more) have almost swept Heysel under the carpet and refuse to accept any responsibility. On the Liverpool Echo website on yesterday one of the morons posted. "

giphy.gif

“Victim”, that’s a slur towards Hillsborough right? Why even go there? Innocent people lost their lives, it goes far beyond football that. Not even worth discussing.
Our fan base stretches right across the world, scousers only present a tiny tiny portion of it, so how exactly can you generalize millions across the world as being similar to what you “perceive” Liverpool fans to be?
Entitled to win something? Where did that come from? Pretty sure the media is pushing the bandwagon that Liverpool deserves a trophy. The players did come out and say it, but what do you expect them to say? They don’t deserve it? I’m pretty sure Spurs players have come out the last few years and said they deserve a trophy as well. The media pushed a similar bandwagon when you guy challenged Chelsea in 16/17, stating in the lead up to the semifinals of the FA cup what a shame it would be if Spurs don’t win anything.
“Get of our forum, and rob a house la” I’m not a scouser mate, so Xenophobic remarks like that is not going to work.
I’m actually quite a successful Engineer . So the rob the house remark is a bit bizarre😉 was just looking to hear the thoughts of the opposing team. Really don’t understand the hostility
Why do you lot insist on connecting the Victim tag with Hillsborough? The fact you do that is a perfect example of victim mentality.

You wore fucking t-shirts to defend a racist cheat.

Yesterday I saw tweets from scousers talking about plans to storm the gates at the weekend, yes yesterday the anniversary of Heysel - you know when Chelsea fans attacked Juventus fans.....

“Victim”, that’s a slur towards Hillsborough right? Why even go there? Innocent people lost their lives, it goes far beyond football that. Not even worth discussing.
Our fan base stretches right across the world, scousers only present a tiny tiny portion of it, so how exactly can you generalize millions across the world as being similar to what you “perceive” Liverpool fans to be?
Entitled to win something? Where did that come from? Pretty sure the media is pushing the bandwagon that Liverpool deserves a trophy. The players did come out and say it, but what do you expect them to say? They don’t deserve it? I’m pretty sure Spurs players have come out the last few years and said they deserve a trophy as well. The media pushed a similar bandwagon when you guy challenged Chelsea in 16/17, stating in the lead up to the semifinals of the FA cup what a shame it would be if Spurs don’t win anything.
“Get of our forum, and rob a house la” I’m not a scouser mate, so Xenophobic remarks like that is not going to work.
I’m actually quite a successful Engineer . So the rob the house remark is a bit bizarre😉 was just looking to hear the thoughts of the opposing team. Really don’t understand the hostility
Victim is not a slur against Hillsborough - in fact I never heard it until Suarez. Liverpool fans have tried to make it a slur against Hillsborough in order to get on their high horse as they can not argue the fact they play the victim at every opportunity.

You have been about as successful as Spurs over the last 10 years and yet you have loads more media pundits, and moan about the media being against you.

You moan about Xenophiobia and supported Suarez.
You moan about Pep and UAE and defend Salah and his defense of the Egyptian government and other regimes
And he refused to shake hands with a team from Israel - a pattern with shaking hands I think.

You bang on about Kane being a diver and have Salah. Firmino, Sane in your team.

You throw bottles at coaches and laugh it off as bants and then go mad about a song.

This is off the top of my head - you even play the victim card about acting a victim.

And most of the Spurs fans know that Hillsborough was not a Liverpool problem as we were very close to the same thing the year before. So fuck off with your victim shit on here.

Has the dipper gone off to make preparations for fire bombing our team bus?

Or pushing an OAP into a fountain?

Or daubing an Everton fans house with Graffiti?

I'm sure it will be something constructive anyway.

It also irks me about that the victims line keeps getting wheeled out as some way to get at Liverpool when the very same thing almost happened to our fans in the Leppings Lane end during the 81 semi-final...we were extremely lucky to escape tragedy and I know that if anyone tried to make light of it I would be fuming...So they get a pass from me on that...everything since? Not so much.

Last edited:
It's a fact that Liverpool fans got into Rome and Istanbul without tickets by jumping the gates. Christ, they even tried that at Wembley for the Everton Cup Final FFS.
You murdered Juve fans in Belgium.
Hillsbrough would not have happened if you had not stormed the gates (again)
The worst violence I have ever experienced in 50 years of watching games at over 100 grounds was at Liverpool

Best fans in the world - Fuckity fuck off
Now, please, just go away.

Does pool being in the previous final help or hinder them?

All the pressure of losing two in a row must be playing on their minds.

I think them being favourites for this one hinders them even more, in my view

They had nothing to lose last season. They were up against the best team in Europe. The team that were on course to win it 3 times in a row.

This year we have nothing to lose. The difference being we aren't up against the best in Europe. We are up against Liverpool.

To be honest I don’t mind the hostility, I’ve kind of expected it, but that will get a response from me.
“Unearned wealth”? Elaborate. FSG was widely criticized for not pumping enough money into the club. They’re stingy fuckers actually, and run the club as such. Balancing the books is their top priority. So if anybody thinks they will pump money into the through some dodgy commercial deals ala City you really don’t know what you’re talking about.
Our commercial revenue is the 4th highest in the league, behind United, City and Chelsea. Our match day revenue is the 5th highest . Our kit sponsor is the lowest in the top 6 at the moment( although that will change from next year with a 90 mil pound a year deal from Adidas being mooted, and rightfully so considering our performances on the pitch), so where exactly is the money being poured in by the owners? Think you need to check your facts.
Klopp only had big money to spend because we sold our best player for big money. Before that we didn’t and benefitted from selling fringe players for good fees( Ibe for 15 mil, Benteke for 30 mil, Sakho for 25 mil, Ings for 20 mil etc.).
A lot of Spurs fans and Pochettino keeps moaning about our spending in the last 18 months, but honestly we sold our best player for the third highest fee in footballing history, surely we’re allowed to spend that money?
I highly doubt others would moan if you sold Kane for 200 mil and spent that money
righto

how can a comment about about scousers be xenophobic, you rat eating moron?

I think them being favourites for this one hinders them even more, in my view

They had nothing to lose last season. They were up against the best team in Europe. The team that were on course to win it 3 times in a row.

This year we have nothing to lose. The difference being we aren't up against the best in Europe. We are up against Liverpool.
The only thing I would say though is pretty much everyone of their players having the experience of playing in the second biggest final in football is going to benefit them, there's no point in us trying to deny that. Bar Hugo and Toby, none of our lads have any kind of experience of playing in a massive final. The build up, the expectation, the nerves etc etc.

Now hopefully we can use it to our advantage and just go out there with freedom and enjoy the occasion, especially because as you say they are huge favourites.

The only thing I would say though is pretty much everyone of their players having the experience of playing in the second biggest final in football is going to benefit them, there's no point in us trying to deny that. Bar Hugo and Toby, none of our lads have any kind of experience of playing in a massive final. The build up, the expectation, the nerves etc etc.

Now hopefully we can use it to our advantage and just go out there with freedom and enjoy the occasion, especially because as you say they are huge favourites.

Sissoko and Son have both played in huge finals too. Son even more so considering military service was on the line.

Back
Top Bottom