We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The pool fans over on RAWK think they have the game won already, the amount of cockiness on display there is really something else.

"When I talk about the "worst thing" I'm just trying to describe their state of mind as rookies in this competition. It's not all down to the football and tactics, they're living the dream. And when you realise you have a chance to win, the prospect of losing can be unsettling.

I personally think they will struggle to maintain composure should they take the lead. Our heads wont drop if we go a goal down. We'll just work harder and turn the screw. If the reverse happens they'll fight and chase the game; they'll be in underdog mode and they'll relish it because I imagine not many outside the Spurs' fanbase expect them to win."

Talking about us as if we are relegation fodder, this is why nobody likes Liverpool supporters.

We got this, I’m not superstitious or believe things will work out because of XY or Z etc etc.......But I can’t help but feel Super Jan wants this more than anything in his entire career, a career that may be coming to a close in the next few years.....I hope he plays a blinder, scores the winner and we build him a fucking statue of him outside the new ground and offer him a contract to the end of his career.........

Don't defend them Joe, they're cunts every single one of them. Any of them being complimentary are just faking it through fear as they know we're going to end their dreams in Madrid and they don't want to look like the ignorant, entitled fart-blossoms that they all are.

What a load of absolute bollocks, every club has decent fans, supporters, and followers. No exceptions.

I have a hunch, like Llorente was Ajax’s kryptonite, Lamela will be the same in this game.

His aggression and frantic tempo will be unsettling for them when he comes on in the last 20 with the game tied, freeing up space for one of Harry or Son to score.

We got this, I’m not superstitious or believe things will work out because of XY or Z etc etc.......But I can’t help but feel Super Jan wants this more than anything in his entire career, a career that may be coming to a close in the next few years.....I hope he plays a blinder, scores the winner and we build him a fucking statue of him outside the new ground and offer him a contract to the end of his career.........
Hope your right, this may be his last chance at a major trophy. He is absolutely world class, nobody deserves this more than him. Super jan.

Arrgggghhh

Is it too much to ask that we take a 4 nil lead in the first 20 minutes and then the rest of the game is just a boring watch........

I'm so nervous about us conceding inside the first 10 minutes...... We can't keep doing it and getting away with it.

There is no natural team to play - everyone saying Moura and Son start - but don't forget the fact that they were largely ineffective in the Semi versus Ajax until Llorente came in and totally changed the game winning all of his headers.

Llorente hasn't had as much credit as he deserves for his role in turning that game in its head.

Last edited:
Arrgggghhh

Is it too much to ask that we take a 4 nil lead in the first 20 minutes and then the rest of the game is just a boring watch........

I'm so nervous about us conceding inside the first 10 minutes...... We can't keep doing it and getting away with it.

There is no natural team to play - everyone saying Moura and Son start - but don't forget the we're largely ineffective in the Semi versus Ajax until Llorente came in and totally changed the game winning all of his headers.

Llorente hasn't had as much credit as he deserves for his role in turning that game in its head.
You're absolutely right. For once Llorente did exactly what he was brought on to do and changed the game completely. He still can't help missing the net though, can he? I really feel for the bloke, because you can see how much it hurts him every time the ball slips over the crossbar or the wrong side of the post.
Hopefully the Universal Energy will be with him when it really counts. Plus, of course, he'll be playing in Spain.

You're absolutely right. For once Llorente did exactly what he was brought on to do and changed the game completely. He still can't help missing the net though, can he? I really feel for the bloke, because you can see how much it hurts him every time the ball slips over the crossbar or the wrong side of the post.
Hopefully the Universal Energy will be with him when it really counts. Plus, of course, he'll be playing in Spain.

But for amazing saves and the woodwork he'd have had at least a couple more goals this season.

He's just not had that clinical finish in him this season. I'd be amazed if he doesn't play at least some part in this game. If we're ahead he can be a point man for getting the ball out of pressure, if we're behind then he's a great target man to have up top.

I doubt he'll start but come 60-70 minutes he'll definitely come into play.

Poch has got such a massive job in picking this starting 11

I had a dream about the final last night, we went 1-0 down within the first 10 but scored 2 in the second half and won 2-1 , the only confusing thing about this dream was we were playing Brazil not pool :pochfacepalm:

Our last 5-6 years versus Liverpool make for nervous reading........

Played 14.......

Lost 9
Drew 4
Won 1

I'm amazed by that as I've been to quite a few of those and the memories of the performances don't seem to be as bad as the results.

Back
Top Bottom