We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The club has earned £88m in Champions League prize money so far, compared to £52m last season. Winning the final would mean an extra £3.5m.

Now THIS beats ANY media savvy wannabe presenter 'fan' with a selfie stick filming up his nose while the game goes on... in a VEIN (sic) attempt at showing us a matchday experience...

Fuck that, being there is all well and good, and wonderful for those lucky enough to get a ticket, but THESE vids are what it's like to be a fan watching football at home!

Sepearate thread anyone?? Load 'em up... I wanna see MUCH MUCH MOURA!!
I got a few from here, but there's been a load added since I last looked...they're coming in from all over the globe...

So i played the old joke on the wife earlier today.
" Now Spurs are in the Champions League Final in Madrid, you'd better pack your bags " said i.
" Ooh, why, are we going to Madrid " said she.
" No just pack your bags and fuck off "

Not said a bloody word to me since, small blessings i suppose.:avbnaa:

"Harry is exceptional for club and country," said Trippier, who personified Spurs' remarkable improvement in the second half. "I don't know the timescale with his injury but obviously we're all hoping he can be back [for the final] because of his presence.

"Even here, at half-time, he came in going mental at us, because we can do better, which we all knew."

What a fucking melting cunt Harry is

:kanegoal:

Hi all!

AjaxStorm/StormAjax here (got banned).

Many congratulations on progressing to the final. In the end you guys deserved it, because Ajax refused to play football for over 100 minutes in 2 games while you gave it your all. In the end it was just too much.

I am totally heartbroken. Being so close to the finals, what would have been the greatest story in Dutch football ever. Smashed brutally at the very end.

I know you don't care a damn shit (why should you), but I want you to know that I was not a troll. I am Dutch, live close to Amsterdam and have been an Ajax supporter all of my life. I genuinely wanted to talk with you about this game, the biggest game for most of us ever, but this is no ordinary football forum as I quickly found out. I didn't know how to react on here, since you are all so fucking weird (in a good way, I guess).

I want you all to enjoy the next few weeks, living towards the final against Liverpool and make sure you'll never forget this.

Good luck and know that I am backing you to win this Champions League (but again, don't give a fuck about me).

See ya , cunts!:tobyarm:
I won't be back here.
I always said you were one of the good cunts! :dierpochhug:

I'm actually strangely confident about tonight's game against Ajax. I just hope we don't concede any stupid early goals. I think my confidence comes from this really weird but very realistic dream I had last night where we won the game after being 3-0 down on aggregate,we snatched it in the 96th minute...i hope the game is ad exciting as my dream was.....

"Gutted" is what you English lads say to describe thet way I feel today. Absolutely gutted. There really is no word in the Duch language to better describe the way I am feeling right now.

However, on my way home I spoke to some Spurs fans at Schiphol and congratulated them on their win. Seems like the right thing to do and I come back here to do the same to you lot. Congratulations on your win. Now go all the way. Become European pedigree like my team did four times in the past. I would be a tosser if I would say I am now a Spurs fan but if Ajax can't win it, at least let it be a proper club and if Ajax can't win it at least let products of our academy do it. Do it for Jan, Toby and Christian.

My final part of my route home comes across some football fields. Youth was training there and I saw the fun and excitement in their eyes and it made me smile. This is what the beautiful game is about. Joy. but like fate, Football can be a cruel mistress.

Wish you guys the best June 1st. A final message from our social media team:

See you guys soon in Europe.

Last edited:
Home from work. Lost my voice last night screaming at the goals. Tonight just lapping up every bit of footage i can find. Still feeling delirious.

The happiest I've ever been supporting Spurs.

Hoping for an even better night June 1st.

Whatever happens, this team has been magnificent and i'd love to thank each of them for making me so happy.

Poch, I love you.

"Gutted" is what you English lads say to describe thet way I feel today. Absolutely gutted. There really is no word in the Duch language to better describe the way I am feeeling rght now.

However, on my way home I spoke to some Spurs fans at Schiphol and congratulated them on their win. Seems like the right thing to do and I come back here to do the same to you lot. Congratulations on your win. Now go all the way. Become European pedigree like my team did four times in the past. I would be a tosser if I would say I am now a Spurs fan but if Ajax can't win it, at least let it be a proper club and if Ajax can't win it at least let products of our academy do it. Do it for Jan, Toby and Christian.

My final part of my route home comes across some football fields. Youth was training there and I saw the fun and excitement in their eyes and it made me smile. This is what the beautiful game is about. Joy. but like fate, Football can be a cruel misstress.

Wish you guys the best June 1st. A inal message from our social media team:

Classy. You have a great team and last night was an unbelievable match but only one team could go through.

Good luck for the rest of the season!

"Harry is exceptional for club and country," said Trippier, who personified Spurs' remarkable improvement in the second half. "I don't know the timescale with his injury but obviously we're all hoping he can be back [for the final] because of his presence.

"Even here, at half-time, he came in going mental at us, because we can do better, which we all knew."

What a fucking melting cunt Harry is

:kanegoal:

I am sure it went along the lines of "that was shit you know you can all do better!!"

rather than "you should all be sold you bottle jobs, fucking cunts, why didnt we sign anyone to replace this shit!!!"

Such lovely words that often are seen on this place as encouragement!

sad people cant see the not so subtle difference between having a go and gee up and all round pushing the nuke button at the drop of a hat!

"Gutted" is what you English lads say to describe thet way I feel today. Absolutely gutted. There really is no word in the Duch language to better describe the way I am feeling right now.

My final part of my route home comes across some football fields. Youth was training there and I saw the fun and excitement in their eyes and it made me smile. This is what the beautiful game is about. Joy. but like fate, Football can be a cruel mistress.

Wish you guys the best June 1st. A final message from our social media team:

For what it's worth, Ajax were the last club I wanted us to knock out of the tournament. See you in next year's final.

I don't know man, this doesn't seem the right place for me. I don't follow English football at all and you guys are a bit too lunatic for me 😉

Not sure what you mean about the lying, though.
Maybe it was the other Dutch fan I was having banter about lying? Nice to meet you, anyway.

Classy. You have a great team and last night was an unbelievable match but only one team could go through.

Good luck for the rest of the season!
Last night's game would have made a good final. I cannot see how the actual final can provide as much emotion as the past 48 hours have - thank God.

Back
Top Bottom