We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strangely calm about this one. I think the last week or so has been so draining, my nerves have disappeared.

We just need to go balls to the wall tomorrow. Press them incessantly and run our hearts out.

So... Dolberg for Neres? Not exactly a huge blow for them, he just brings a different style of play.
Dolberg is utter shit this season, hasn't got a single bit of confidence, I would certainly not start with him in the biggest game of the century. If he played like he did in his first year, no doubt about him. But for now?

I'd say we start with Huntelaar if Neres can't play, but that would be very disrupting for the way Ajax is playing this CL season.

Never knew where they were from, I didn't really knock about with them, I'd seen them about but that was the first time I'd talked to them, remember them saying they were into going up to Glasgow Rangers too for shits and giggles.
Yeah, that sounds about right,i remember Potter being a Ger as well.My brother was on the odd coach with them back early 80s.

things i do not want to see tomorrow:

3 at the back
dele and eriksen both playing deep
llorente starting
dier starting

tomorrow is about being compact and mobile in defence, players understanding their roles, and the ability to transition forward quickly.

i have no problem with llorente and dier per se, but they will hinder the above imo, certainly the first 20-30 where they will be getting right at us.

Yeah, that sounds about right,i remember Potter being a Ger as well.My brother was on the odd coach with them back early 80s.
Potter went to Man. City in the early 80s' for a while but was Spurs and Rangers really. We did loads of away games together back in the day with Lobster, B, MB, JA etc. on KR coaches. A lot were from Edmonton as well as Harlow then. Great days the late 70's early 80s'.

Back
Top Bottom