We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You didn’t say modern day, you said historical. And there clearly is a good relationship between the clubs (if not the fans). We’ve got 4 of their ex-players here.
means fuck all. Sunderland probably had 4 of our players at one point and we mean nothing to them.
Ajax were a cool club and theyve had great players, nice football strips- amsterdam is a great city and everyone goes there for a good time. Thats why everyone like Ajax.
speak to folk in Holland and they'll tell you they're the Real Madrid, Bayen Muncih of the country. They have double triple the wealth of their nearest competitor and drain all the best talent from the country.
I suggest they are massive cunts.

More history here.

Just seems a bit sketchy to me when there is a narrative being driven that there is some sort of special bond between Tottenham and Ajax it's the sort of thing I'd laugh at if another club were pushing something similar.

means fuck all. Sunderland probably had 4 of our players at one point and we mean nothing to them.
Ajax were a cool club and theyve had great players, nice football strips- amsterdam is a great city and everyone goes there for a good time. Thats why everyone like Ajax.
speak to folk in Holland and they'll tell you they're the Real Madrid, Bayen Muncih of the country. They have double triple the wealth of their nearest competitor and drain all the best talent from the country.
I suggest they are massive cunts.
I’m not endorsing them. The fella asked for some historical context and I provided some. Fuck’s sake, I hope they get fucking annihilated. Jeez.

Just seems a bit sketchy to me when there is a narrative being driven that there is some sort of special bond between Tottenham and Ajax it's the sort of thing I'd laugh at if another club were pushing something similar.

Look, I couldn’t give a fuck about Ajax, but there are undoubtedly links between the clubs. The whole Jewish thing is another. It’s fine if you think it’s a load of bollocks - it’s a matter of supreme indifference to me.

No 'friendship' with Ajax at all in my book. Just another club to me I neither like or particulalrly dislike them. Been there a couple of times, first in 1981 which was a good trip. Phone has been alive this morning with WAPP pictures of pints at varying UK airports at silly o clock. Jammy bastards.

I was there in 81 and Feynoord in 83. Both very lively.

81 ended spending two nights banged up(remember Tramps and Potter the mohicans? was in a cell with them) and being deported.

Rotterdam was the same, started kicking off the night before in the town, the night of the game was mayhem. fella called Grizzly (think it was him or one of his lot) from our hotel got stabbed with a sword.

Last edited:

81 ended spending two nights banged up and being deported.

Rotterdam was the same, started kicking off the night before in the town, the night of the game was mayhem. fella called Grizzly from our hotel got stabbed with a sword.
Blimey BC - you should change your username you old rogue.

81 ended spending two nights banged up(remember Tramps and Potter the mohicans? was in a cell with them) and being deported.

Rotterdam was the same, started kicking off the night before in the town, the night of the game was mayhem. fella called Grizzly from our hotel got stabbed with a sword.
Ha ha remember that well. We were with Bulbous and Lobster that trip. Remember Grizzly too.

Sounds heavy. Fair play mate.

Those two names are a blast from the past :)
The latter was out of Harlow i seem to remember.

Back
Top Bottom