We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fucking “scouser” who’s sits across from me at work, has RECORDED last night’s game, and doesn’t know the result - he’s sat there with fucking earphones in. Tragic cunt.

I’ll wait till 4pm when he’s going home and tell him the result. :levylol:
Email him a screenshot of the game/scoreline at 54 minutes. Then bask in warm glow of his temporary smugness and watch the match with him, so you can post a pic of his dawning realisation.

Looking for some help as I'm genuinely torn. I have one best mate who I have a season ticket with. We went to Dortmund away together but we don't have nearly enough points for away games generally.

I've been saving and working for the last few years and I'm now in a position where I could feasibly pay for myself to go out to Madrid, but obviously with no guarantee of a ticket and he wouldn't be able to come. I love the idea of going out there, and to be able to say "I was there". However, I live in Tottenham, 5 mins from the stadium and I imagine the atmosphere here will be unreal too, and I can throw a party for friends afterwards. Also, getting to Madrid will be painful and also if we do lose it'll be super depressing and lonely.

Do I?
A) Be selfish, spend £1000+ to go to Madrid for a "once in a lifetime" trip
B) Enjoy Tottenham, save a bundle of cash and enjoy the game with my friends

Friends, who aren't Spurs fans are all saying "A". But people with a bit more perspective agree with B.

What do I do????

Share it with your mates. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere out there will be unreal, but you should have a fucking good time in Tottenham too - nothing better than sharing these moments/experiences with your besties.

Never know, they may open the stadium up and stick the game on the screens there, in which case that might become an option for you.

sat next to Mourinho saying how some managers dont adapt, keep playing the same way even if not working. Blatant dig. True also. Poch is great at adapting in game. So often he sets up wrong at the start whichever is surprising given his grasp of tactics.

Great comments from John Barnes too although the pie 🥧 eating champions final against BFS clearly has taken it’s toll

Never have for me.

40 years a Spurs fan and this is the best feeling I’ve experienced.
It's certainly the loudest I've ever screamed at the TV. The most wonderful and surreal feeling of going from desolate and numb to pure joy and elation in about 40 minutes.

I decided to watch the game while doing some work at HT, since I was so despondent and couldn't handle it being the only focus (yes, I am ashamed, this is my catharsis). Didn't even have my earphones in. At 2-2, I got my housemate to stick it on the big TV. Pretty sure I shattered his eardrums. He's a Manure fan, but was absolutely buzzing. We seem to have the best wishes of everyone but BBC and 'Pool.

Looking for some help as I'm genuinely torn. I have one best mate who I have a season ticket with. We went to Dortmund away together but we don't have nearly enough points for away games generally.

I've been saving and working for the last few years and I'm now in a position where I could feasibly pay for myself to go out to Madrid, but obviously with no guarantee of a ticket and he wouldn't be able to come. I love the idea of going out there, and to be able to say "I was there". However, I live in Tottenham, 5 mins from the stadium and I imagine the atmosphere here will be unreal too, and I can throw a party for friends afterwards. Also, getting to Madrid will be painful and also if we do lose it'll be super depressing and lonely.

Do I?
A) Be selfish, spend £1000+ to go to Madrid for a "once in a lifetime" trip
B) Enjoy Tottenham, save a bundle of cash and enjoy the game with my friends

Friends, who aren't Spurs fans are all saying "A". But people with a bit more perspective agree with B.

What do I do????
I'm struggling to make my mind up as to whether to go or not especially as I probably won't have a match ticket. Got a few days to think about it I suppose.

BTW.... has anyone mentioned the fact that after HOW many times of trying in recent years (9/10 is it??) We've FINALLY buried our SEMI-FINAL curse!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom