WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Serious thought for a moment

Just how good is our manager, when you look at the overall picture?

Didn't want him personally. But nowadays I can't remember Spurs without him (well, choose not to).

An incredible individual in my opinion.

Yes indeed, thought we were rock solid with Wimm in there last season and felt he might even have held on to his place when Jan came back. As long as we have Toby back there I feel the others will slot in around him.

Jan is vital when we play 3 at the back. I think Davies plays in a back 3 for Wales.

Jan/Toby/Dier is formidable and would have coped brilliantly next week at City. Not saying Wimmer or Davies won't but the understanding jan and Toby has is why we are playing so well ( or one of the reasons )

Serious thought for a moment

Just how good is our manager, when you look at the overall picture?

Didn't want him personally. But nowadays I can't remember Spurs without him (well, choose not to).

An incredible individual in my opinion.
He needs to win something before he gets lauded as "incredible" in my book.

However, if he is committed to the project and Levy keeps the players, I think that will happen sooner or later. With the new stadium coming there is no reason he shouldn't be.

Levy's finest hour.
Still baffled why I had an immediate dislike. I was like a kid pointing him out to the missus last weekend against Villa- (the best bit of being west end lower is being so near to the technical area imo). She got told off for taking a video clip of him to send to her little boy just to prove she was there (he didn't believe she was sitting so close to Poch)
Am so happy to admit I was wrong. He is rapidly becoming a fucking giant in our history.

He needs to win something before he gets lauded as "incredible" in my book.

However, if he is committed to the project and Levy keeps the players, I think that will happen sooner or later. With the new stadium coming there is no reason he shouldn't be.
:vertna:

Lighten up mate. If you've ever watched a better Spurs side, please tell me when.

Poch has done well, yes, but I also think he's lucky that he's come to a club with so much talent to mine.

I don't he would have been as successful at any other team like Everton or West Ham, for example, as we have the potential.

Don't mistake me, he's done a fine job, but the credit has to be given equally to the players, and also to Levy for supporting him on all the first teamers Poch wanted sold (at a big loss) or exiled.

Makes you giggle that some were calling for his head and making threads about replacing him a few months back :pochunimpressed::pocheyes:

Mother in laws birthday today, so I knew I was going to miss the game live. I'm a huge fan of my Spanish family and especially big, long family lunches, so it wasn't a big problem, knowing I could avoid news of the result and watch "as live" on fullmatchesandshows.com later. Had a nice bottle of Rioja lined up, even a cheeky number, only to find that the aforementioned website doest show "fullmatches" any more, just highlights. Gutted, the 10 minutes I just saw looked brilliant but a poor substitute. Any one sentence summaries and "Wamyama (or whoever) was brilliant" posts eagerly welcome.
Can't even console myself with the last half hour at Filbert Street turning up any surprises

We have just humbled the most negative team in the League. We did it in breathtaking style.
We put four goals past them, as we have with Southampton and Watford.
We have put pressure on every other 'top' team.
We no longer slip up against teams we should beat.
We did it with a lunchtime kick off.

Levy has even made a profit on the cranes.
I like the look of his Jib!

We are everything Trigger says in the pre match Video.
We are Tottenham Hotspur Football and Athletic Club, Ltd.

Do you believe?

Remember two months ago when threads were being made to ask "serious questions" about "when do we sack Poch"?

Clowns the lot of you who took part in that. Best manager we've had in ages. We are young, getting better and relatively homegrown. Enjoy it while it lasts, lads!

COYS
Post names of forum users who said poch should be sacked now.
I bet its not even 1% of the forum.
I think more posters want us to sign memphis deepay.
Edit: read further on it was more tongue in cheek!
So never mind.

Last edited:
What a fucking amazing game (Jan's injury the only thing to put a downer on it). Had a permanent grin during the first half because we were so dominant. As much as the commentators tried to make out that it was West Brom playing poorly, I'm not convinced.

Can't wait for the articles showing how our win against West Brom is somehow a reason that United will still be able to win the league.
:pocheyes:

In all seriousness, we should properly go for the FA Cup, but take the Europa league lightly.

While I'd normally agree - our competition for the league aren't lumbered by Europe. Also, an awful lot of teams that have won the league in the past few years were in the Champions League, managed to get out of the group (damn it) and more often than not got knocked out pretty quickly: leaving them unburdened in the run in.

The Europa League schedule is nasty, and would insert an extra 9 games into the rest of the season if we went all the way. The risk/reward of it doesn't hold up.

^^^ this. We know in our hearts which thing would mean the most to us. Hell, can you imagine the response by Woolwich fans if we actually won the league?
They'd dismiss us winning the FA Cup or Europa, but the title...

tumblr_nkk8sbVBG41solxm8o1_500.gif

Hell of a long way to go to say what's possible. If we are in with a shout in the run in (last 10 games) then it's definitely possible. Way too early now. Yes, we are definitely playing well as good if not better then anyone else, but it's all about those games you don't play well in and get wins through the season. That with Europe too will be a difficult challenge. In two minds about what we should do with europe. But we need CL and/or trophy and sometimes putting eggs in different baskets might help but also might go against us. Would expect more of the squad to be used in Europe.

Great performance, goals & style!
Fingers crossed for jan (1 of my fave players).
I reckon this is our best formation & starting 11.
Love it.

Back
Top Bottom