WBA (H) JAN 14th - 1230 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are right and Europe is and should be a big part of THFC. We are competing for the PL which two clubs are not in Europe which gives them the advantage-I was just saying.
Its not an even playing field.

Dippers have some fixture congestion with cup matches. Let's not worry about them having weeks off. I'd rather have us playing regularly to build confidence and momentum. Which is exactly what is happening.

Probably after a 45 min segment from merseyside of Klopp juggling or telling jokes in front of a room of scousers bowing to his greatness
100% fucking chance he somehow knocks his own fucking glasses off at the same time.

That team is going to crumble over the next few weeks without Mane and more fixtures. It will be beautiful.

Easily one of the most comprehensive and dominant games I have seen from us in a long, long time. If it weren't for Foster it could have been 7 or 8-0. Everyone played well and a Kane hat trick? What a day.

How do these people steal a living? In response to the report on the spurs game, Keown just gone on one about how do spurs keep hold of these players? Can't believe i've had to agree with Chris Sutton of all people putting him in his place by saying we're not a selling club anymore.

Just got back from the game. Absolutely fantastic performance. We were flawless in the first half. West Brom didn't know what to do when their flat back six wasn't working. Dembele was sublime, Kane was lethal and Kyle Walker was getting forawrd so easily it was funny.

Just got back from the game. Absolutely fantastic performance. We were flawless in the first half. West Brom didn't know what to do when their flat back six wasn't working. Dembele was sublime, Kane was lethal and Kyle Walker was getting forawrd so easily it was funny.
Ohffs

What a fucking amazing game (Jan's injury the only thing to put a downer on it). Had a permanent grin during the first half because we were so dominant. As much as the commentators tried to make out that it was West Brom playing poorly, I'm not convinced.

21 goals scored, 3 conceded in the 7 games following the United defeat.

:pochshock:

Can't wait for the articles showing how our win against West Brom is somehow a reason that United will still be able to win the league.
:pocheyes:

Considering our chances of the league are rising, how many of you would throw the cups? How would you prioritise the next few weeks?

In all seriousness, we should properly go for the FA Cup, but take the Europa league lightly.

Surely the point for elite clubs is playing European football as well. We have to learn to deal with both.

While I'd normally agree - our competition for the league aren't lumbered by Europe. Also, an awful lot of teams that have won the league in the past few years were in the Champions League, managed to get out of the group (damn it) and more often than not got knocked out pretty quickly: leaving them unburdened in the run in.

The Europa League schedule is nasty, and would insert an extra 9 games into the rest of the season if we went all the way. The risk/reward of it doesn't hold up.

I think the League is the big one. Seriously, who's playing better than us at the moment?

^^^ this. We know in our hearts which thing would mean the most to us. Hell, can you imagine the response by Woolwich fans if we actually won the league?
They'd dismiss us winning the FA Cup or Europa, but the title...

tumblr_nkk8sbVBG41solxm8o1_500.gif

Won't be going to the game, no. Just not a big fan of live football in general and my memories of City are generally sitting in the freezing cold for 2 hours and paying over the odds for shit food and then waiting ages to get the tram home.

Obviously I'll be hoping Spurs win, just like I have for the past 7 years or so. Baffles me that this still gets brought up, especially when several members on here post on other clubs forums (Arce has hundreds of posts in a United forum), but it's a nice insurance net for many people on here.
How far do you live from the Etihad? The prices there are peanuts compared to London. 1 ticket for WHL = full day out in Manchester (if not drinking). I mention it because I'm allowed to on a forum. Why you trying to deflect the fact that you are a half & half scalf man by saying other Spurs fans post in other forums. To clarify, I don't, & never would. Don't have time.

I'm only asking because I'm interested. I have no quarrel with anyone on a day where we humiliated a team that is awful to watch & hard to beat.

Absolutely perfect performance, front to back. We have progressed massively from last year, we were as dominant in the first half but allowed them back in. Today even when they were told to press us and get more aggressive in the 2nd half, they barely gave us a scratch, we just dealt with it, passed through/round them with ease. This is a smart intelligent football team. Fuck you Pullis, fuck you in the fucking Arse!

Everyone was great but standouts were Wanyamma, Erikssen, Dembele & Walker. Also Vertonghen, who would have got my MoTM had he not gone off, he was fantastic today, winning every challenge, bringing the ball out of defence. I'm absolutely gutted for him. Whilst it really doesn't look good, there might be a chance that he will not be out for too long as I believe that it's his same ankle he's injured before (without surgery) which might mean the ligaments previously damaged/stretched would still be in that state i.e. it's less traumatic an injury as the ligaments are already damaged (another one of my injuries is this, I turn my ankle probably twice a year now, still painful when done but ready to go again after a couple of weeks). Bale had the same thing.

Atmos was shite first half, much improved in 2nd half. I'm very glad we ole'd at the end, means supporters recognise and encourage a professional performance, rather than screaming to "go forward" and open ourselves up. Need to do it more, we have a fucking title to win!!!

Was working so I couldn't watch the game - funny how we always seem to play a blinder when that happens - but looking forward to MOTD!

Last year we played so well against City and then went on an indifferent run. Now we've put in a similar excellent performance against Chelski and followed it with this.

I saw the picture of Harry and Dele and the fullbacks and I thought, fuck you wouldn't want to line up against that. Then I thought, the crazy thing is you could take any four out of our team and say the same thing.

:tobyarm::kanegoal:

Back
Top Bottom