Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the meantime, "The Guardian" say this would be the line-ups sunday:

ha59.jpg
Goes to show how much the Guardian (or anyone) know!

He was at fault for the goal against West Ham as well, although it is worth bearing in mind that he has had little cover in front of him for both of those two games. The whole team is a bit shaky at the back, understandably.

Made some errors today, didn't stay goal side of his attackers. Good learning experience though, best this happens in games we win. With a real DM in front of him and some more experience I expect things will definitely improve.

I see no issue with him playing alongside Dawson, at all.

I agree with above, the problem is no protection through midfield whatsoever leaving him - and the whole defence - terribly exposed

sorry to late comment , i was to the cinema to watch The hobbit ...part two :D
i watched the game of course the run fast to the cinema for a 3D movie ,my eyes! i'm blind almost 3 hours with a fantasy world etc...fire dragon,orcs and dwarfs etc

the match Southampton - Tottenham 2-3 ,good 3 points Adebayor savior of the day ,Lamela ,Chiriches was not a good day for them,indeed,, Vlad poor defending at the first goal,the second goal not his fault ...entirely,Lloris should wait a little more...

you must know that Vlad play INJURED ,not ready on fit from a week ago ,after that knee injury ,was obvious in the game vs West Ham and this Southampton ,he's out of fitness,but seeing a lot of injured players -Kaboul,Vertonghen, just Dawson ok ,only solution FOR THE COACH was to play with him ,with injection (medical stuff etc)

Medics said after that injury, he must stay OUT from the pitch between A MONTH or TWO MONTHS ,but somehow MEDICAL STAFF from Tottenham make him to play after just 10 days (to earlier) press made sugestion that they use the "VAMPIRE" treatment in the world of medicine...
Vlad he's OUT of strenghts obviously ,despite he play these 2 last games ,but not in normal conditions ,just after injections...i'm affraid to not pick-up a bad injury,because Vlad need a PAUSE ...

Last edited:
I see no issue with him playing alongside Dawson, at all.

I agree with above, the problem is no protection through midfield whatsoever leaving him - and the whole defence - terribly exposed
Exactly. It depresses me to see this perpetuated crap about the defence, and Dawson in particular. If there is no cohesive midfield then the defence gets sold down the river.

Poster of the Year 2013: @ Dan D Dan D
what aaah ??? me?! no way... my english is still rusty,no way to be "poster of the year" ...naaah ,no chance ;) it's Oscar or something HERE? :))) pffff... :D

i missed four days ,i left my my city, i was gone far away with some friends ,camping, in the deep forests of the Carpathian Mountains, i danced with the brown bears,running with the savage wolves hunting deer,we drank more and we ate wild boar meat then we roared (yelled) to the full moon in the midnight ...
2wu5.gif

Today i made comeback in the town ,fresh in spirit,much younger ,and with many hopes to see today's game of Spurs... more peacefully :D
Merry Xmas! and peace,brothers! COME ON YOU SPURS !!!
f8nk.jpg

Poor game by Vlad so far today.. too many mistakes, both in defense and with the ball. Let's hope he'll have a better second half.

Tottenham - W.B.A 1-1 (1-1)
1-0: Eriksen (36)
1-1: Olsson (38)

my recommendation is that Vlad to stay out from the pitch at least 2 weeks or more (i hope not), some gym fitness time for him,but you see, Vertonghen and Kaboul out of injuries, Vlad is just at 50% of his potential (knee injury) and tired (!) i feel him tired (let the man a pause !!!), next match could be Dawson-Capoue ,it's time for other players to be in the pitch ,today ,many Spurs players looked tired... hard to play from 3 to 3 days ,in a time when other european leagues make STOP (pause) in this time,just in England ,everyone play almost non-stop,some players don't keep well the rhythm in this period of time (december-january),a period when all Europe just watch on TV Premier League...all being in vacation

Back
Top Bottom