Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

O-oh... Vlad seen at The Bridge...
...cue the Transfer rumours in the 'ignore perfectly good reason' Press... fuck that it was to see his old team-mates... he's gonna sign for Chelsea innit!!!

@ 1882 1882 no , i don't think so, was there to say "hello" to ex-team mates,nothing to do with Chelsea,i think IF Chelsea wants him,must to pay very much now,like 50 millions euro, :)(joking) it's hard now to buy Chiriches from Tottenham ,his cote increased very much now at Tottenham...until a giant team like Real Madrid or other coming to offer him with 60 millions or more :))) i think Tottenham bought "a gem" (Chiriches) depend on the board what they want to do with him,keep him or selling him quick? i rather want Spurs board to keep this player more years...on White Hart Lane...

Last edited:
@ 1882 1882 no , i don't think so, was there to say "hello" to ex-team mates,nothing to do with Chelsea,i think IF Chelsea wants him,must to pay very much now,like 50 millions euro, :)) it's hard now to buy Chiriches from Tottenham ,his cote increased very much now at Tottenham...until a giant team like Real Madrid come to offer him with 60 millions or more :))) i think Tottenham bought "a gem" (Chiriches) depend on the board what they want to to with him,keep him or sell him quick? i rather want Spurs board to keep this player more years...on White Hart Lane...

Ah, summit lost in translation I fear (it was only a matter of time with my sarcastic tones) ...I was pointing out that the press will have a field day stirring that type of thing up, only because he was seen at Chelsea's ground... and ignoring the fact he was (as you say) just there to see old team-mates.

My bad for not making it clearer... :avbpray:
I'd have put a smiley in to show I was joking, but there doesn't appear to be a Vlad one... or have I missed it? Lemme try... :vlad:
Nope, not there!

Funny observation but real, in Europa League for each victory in the group stage every team received 200.000 EUR like prize ,the basic salary of Vlad Chiriches at Tottenham is 1.200.000 EUR on year.
Tottenham just won all 6 matches in the group stage x 200.000 EUR = 1.200.000 EUR
Obviously,Tottenham amortized the investment (payment) in Vlad Chiriches basic salary even from the group stage round :)
Look what prizes are in these 2 european competitions (group stage round):
Europa League - victory = 200.000 EUR
- draw = 100.000 EUR
Champions League - victory = 1.000.000 EUR
- draw = 500.000 EUR
of course Champions League is supreme competition ,just thinking that ex-team of Chiriches (Steaua) playing in Champions League group stage round received in this year 20.000.000 EUR (bonuses + tv rights + tickets etc) and 10.000.000 EUR from Vlad Chiriches transfer at Tottenham = 30.000.000 EUR this season for the romanian team ,good season ...

@ HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains at least on this chapter Romania is no.2 in the world at internet high speed (large bandwith) ,and Timisoara City from here is no.1 in the world,imagine having a laptop and other devices staying on the bench in the downtown of Timisoara...what quality of stream you watch the game there... :)

@ HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains at least on this chapter Romania is no.2 in the world at internet high speed (large bandwith) ,and Timisoara City from here is no.1 in the world,imagine having a laptop and other devices staying on the bench in the downtown of Timisoara...what quality of stream you watch the game there... :)

It's a bit strange that Romania has such great bandwidth, I wouldn't have guessed it in 20 tries.
Speaking of bandwidth...I was just offered a fiber installment from one of our biggest broadband companies. That would be 1000/1000 which is absolutely nuts. I imagine I could stream about 300 games in HD at the same time then!
Not sure what I would use all that bandwidth for but it's just gonna cost 1500 euros for the installment so I guess I might just take it to up my living standard.

Also I'd like to see my friends crawl in the dirt and beg to use my internet for downloading purposes. Bastards.

I live in Germany and I watch most games in an Irish Pub or a Sports Bar so sometimes I have to watch Al Jazeerawith with an arabic commentator. This season I only had to watch 4 or 5 games on wizwig so far all of them in good quality.

@ 1882 1882 no , i don't think so, was there to say "hello" to ex-team mates,nothing to do with Chelsea,i think IF Chelsea wants him,must to pay very much now,like 50 millions euro, :)(joking) it's hard now to buy Chiriches from Tottenham ,his cote increased very much now at Tottenham...until a giant team like Real Madrid or other coming to offer him with 60 millions or more :))) i think Tottenham bought "a gem" (Chiriches) depend on the board what they want to do with him,keep him or selling him quick? i rather want Spurs board to keep this player more years...on White Hart Lane...
I reckon he has got real leadership potential, hope he stays at Spurs for a long time!!

Funny observation but real, in Europa League for each victory in the group stage every team received 200.000 EUR like prize ,the basic salary of Vlad Chiriches at Tottenham is 1.200.000 EUR on year.
Tottenham just won all 6 matches in the group stage x 200.000 EUR = 1.200.000 EUR
Obviously,Tottenham amortized the investment (payment) in Vlad Chiriches basic salary even from the group stage round :)
Look what prizes are in these 2 european competitions (group stage round):
Europa League - victory = 200.000 EUR
- draw = 100.000 EUR
Champions League - victory = 1.000.000 EUR
- draw = 500.000 EUR
of course Champions League is supreme competition ,just thinking that ex-team of Chiriches (Steaua) playing in Champions League group stage round received in this year 20.000.000 EUR (bonuses + tv rights + tickets etc) and 10.000.000 EUR from Vlad Chiriches transfer at Tottenham = 30.000.000 EUR this season for the romanian team ,good season ...

Cheers for the money info Dan. I never realised how much money each win was worth. So even last night, if you add in our share of gate receipts, £200,000 ? merchandising, catering, sponsorship, etc £50,000? TV media £300,000?

A night like last night probably raked in £750,000 or more, including UEFA payouts from their broadcasting pool

It'll be interesting to see how much we make from this year's UEFA run, if we can find out. All matches have been on TV, 8 in all, all won. All matches in the future round(s) as far as we go, will be on TV, etc

It's still nowhere near as much as the Prem or CL, but compares favourably with the FA Cup I would think, even taking into account the extra expenses of European travel, and is surely better than the Lge Cup money-wise.

Opinions made by team mates of Chiriches about him :
http://www.gsp.ro/international/str...gasit-si-o-porecla-e-johan-cruyff-415495.html
Roberto Soldado: "Vlad is my only help mate from here.Both of us are newcomers here,i don't speak another language,him (Vlad) speak english and portuguese (!) and he help me a lot to understand my team mates"

Lewis Holtby
: " Almost everyone when we see him when he advance with the ball in the opponent half the heart having pulse 100%.He's a good player,being captain of his national team also.We are very happy to have Vlad in our squad. I,personally nickname (calling) him "Johan Cruyff" because he is so sure in what he do,i like him like person very much,give confidence ,i'm glad to have him in the team" :)

Brad Friedel
: "He's a very good player,look at his performances until now,we are a big team (Tottenham) many good players ,AVB use "rotation" mode in the squad ,but Vlad is one of the players that we can count"

AVB
: "Chiriches integrated very well in the team,and we can count in him a lot"

@ Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever Europa League is not so good,financial, in comparation with Champions League,just imagine that any team who qualify in the group stage of "Champions League receive 8.000.000 EUR without playing a game! just to enter in the group stage (8 x 4 = 32 teams)
comparation Steaua - Tottenham (financial prizes this season)
Tottenham (Europa League) (6 matches all won x 200.000 EUR) = 1.200.000 EUR (until now i mean),because Spurs is qualified in the next round ,Last 16 (THE NEXT matches in february 2014)
Steaua 6 matches (0 wins 3 draws 3 loss) = 3x 500.000 EUR = 1.500.000 EUR earned + 8.000.000 EUR because the team qualified in the group stage round (Champions League) ,the rest of money earned until 20.000.000 EUR coming from TV rights,sponsors,tickets ,Steaua have the stadium 56.000 capacity on seats,and the cheapest price ticket in Champions League was around 15 EUR on a ticket (90 Lei,romanian currency = conversion15 EUR)
so ,financial speaking, Steaua with his 3 draws in Ch.League earned much more than Tottenham with all his 6 victories in Europa League 1.500.000 EUR > 1.200.000 EUR

@ HeroesAndVillains HeroesAndVillains what i know until now ,Vlad said that is ready to play ,depend now on AVB decision in the day of the game (sunday) ,possible with Rose comeback in fit ,Vertonghen to play as centre back ,just to choose now from Dawson and Chiriches for the second centre back near Vertonghen,depend,how the players are ready on fit sunday...all depend on AVB now

Chiriches: "I'm OK, my injury's not bad. I want to play against Liverpool, I think I'll be able to do it." #THFC[/quote] (twitter-Hotspur related)

Last edited:
@ Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever Europa League is not so good,financial, in comparation with Champions League,just imagine that any team who qualify in the group stage of "Champions League receive 8.000.000 EUR without playing a game! just to enter in the group stage (8 x 4 = 32 teams)
comparation Steaua - Tottenham (financial prizes this season)
Tottenham (Europa League) (6 matches all won x 200.000 EUR) = 1.200.000 EUR (until now i mean),because Spurs is qualified in the next round ,Last 16 (THE NEXT matches in february 2014)
Steaua 6 matches (0 wins 3 draws 3 loss) = 3x 500.000 EUR = 1.500.000 EUR earned + 8.000.000 EUR because the team qualified in the group stage round (Champions League) ,the rest of money earned until 20.000.000 EUR coming from TV rights,sponsors,tickets ,Steaua have the stadium 56.000 capacity on seats,and the cheapest price ticket in Champions League was around 15 EUR on a ticket (90 Lei,romanian currency = conversion15 EUR)
so ,financial speaking, Steaua with his 3 draws in Ch.League earned much more than Tottenham with all his 6 victories in Europa League 1.500.000 EUR > 1.200.000 EUR
HI Dan, agreed on that, as I said EL doesn't pay as well as CL or Prem. What I didn't know was that the EL paid as much as it did.

BTW Jan is certain not to start v Pool AFAIK.

I think it's a close call as to whether Vlad or Rose will play. Tough decisions for AVB.

Back
Top Bottom