Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's been a very tough season for him. Right now he looks nowhere near good enough, but I also think he's been quite unlucky at times. Will judge him more in his second season when he should be fully settled.

I wish he would just stand between the penalty spot and 6 yard box in the middle of the goal - all his touches are outside the box and he then either passes backwards of loses it. It's not even a case of him needing to be more selfish, as he'd be a better team player if he didn't continually set up counter attacks for the opposition.
But Poch has never asked his no 9's to play like that. Kane never has, jay Rod didn't. He wants his strikers to stretch and move the defense by pulling out to the wings, dropping deep.

I haven't seen any Telly commentary yet but seeing the greatest striker in world football Shearer was at the game my guess is that he is saying this too. He says the same about Kane.

But Poch has never asked his no 9's to play like that. Kane never has, jay Rod didn't. He wants his strikers to stretch and move the defense by pulling out to the wings, dropping deep.

I haven't seen any Telly commentary yet but seeing the greatest striker in world football Shearer was at the game my guess is that he is saying this too. He says the same about Kane.
Shearer said we needed to play 1-2 touch football and pass and move around the box. I fell off the bloody sofa at these pearls of wisdom.

Given how Villa lined up, our team selection really wasn't conducive for a lone striker to thrive in. That said, his runs look laboured and he was reluctant to get into the box.

It's horrible to watch him at the moment. His confidence (what little he had) has gone completely. I think he should try to play facing the opposition's goal a bit more - the ball is just bouncing off him when he plays with his back to goal.

A bit concerned with this lad now, but you can only hope he can fight through it. From his time in Eredivisie he has been seen as a bit of a fighter. The signs aren't the best, but he has shown, at several stages in his career that he can turn it around.

I really hope not.
When we signed him, I predicted Vinny would come good for us. Seemed the perfect fit.

Come to think of it, given my history of predictions on here, I probably killed the poor bastards career.

I blame myself....
Just don't fall off the wagon over it Eddie!

A bit concerned with this lad now, but you can only hope he can fight through it. From his time in Eredivisie he has been seen as a bit of a fighter. The signs aren't the best, but he has shown, at several stages in his career that he can turn it around.

I hope so too. Is he learning from Poch?

I hope so too. Is he learning from Poch?

He has got his chances, but it must worry Janssen that he wasn't trusted for the last 30 today, but Sissoko and Son, who had equally bad games were given the chance to turn it around. It's a tough job for him, no doubt, the biggest in his career, but Poch has turned around players before and if he sticks with him you'll never know, do you?

He was awful today. It was a mercy when Poch subbed him. Still too early to make a proper judgment but he looks a beaten man at present.
Very sad to see him struggling like this.
C'mon Vincent. There's a goal scorer in there somewhere.

He has got his chances, but it must worry Janssen that he wasn't trusted for the last 30 today, but Sissoko and Son, who had equally bad games were given the chance to turn it around. It's a tough job for him, no doubt, the biggest in his career, but Poch has turned around players before and if he sticks with him you'll never know, do you?
Sissoko and Son are far more likely to be considered for the first team. It's hard for Vinny, but he's not done anything to advance his claim. On current form he'd be nowhere near the first team.

Back
Top Bottom