Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every year the press do these things and every year they are utterly meaningless. Over what distance? For how long? Standing start or clocked whilst running? How many sprints?

What counts in football is the ability to sprint fast for an average distance of approx 10-15yrs multiple times for 90mins.

Anyone watching Usain Bolt run will know that over the first 20-30m he is usually last, not very useful on a football pitch.

Last edited:
Also can't be easy for VJ coming into a team where the performance level has dropped from last season. I would doubt anyone (Apart from Sir Hugo of Lloris) is playing as well as they did last season.

The overall malaise is more worrying than Vinny's current failings.

This is an article from Mirror you are looking at. They have Shane Long at Number 1!! Wow... Not credible as even Kane might give Long for his money. Have an Asian bloke Yoshida ahead of Janssen, when he make Son look like Usain Bolt. Janssen might come out good but speed is not his weapon and these reports are coming from very little fact based and just some tall tales if you ask me,

I just can't see this guy playing again this season. Maybe a cameo if we are winning 4-0. Not sure he deserves to be on the bench either. Shame

he should be judged on a game where he has decent supply behind him. I felt so sorry for him today, son is not a provider for him yet was playing number 10, you have dele or Eriksen there today different game for him

Remember when he so very, very nearly scored on his debut? The story could have turned out completely different for him if that had gone in. By now his confidence must be in utter tatters and if he can come back from where he is now and turn in to a useful player for us it'll be an amazing turnaround. I doubt he's even going to get the chance to do that, though.

He just ain't cut out for the PL.... it's amazing that his protracted transfer went on for so long... the expectation heightened by the day... and then lowered by the game!

I feel for him, I really do... he's a nice guy. But so was Soldado... so was Pavlyuchenko... and Chris Armstrong... so, I'm sure is Alexander Armstrong and Stephen Fry.... doesn't make them decent strikers though, does it?

Remember when he so very, very nearly scored on his debut? The story could have turned out completely different for him if that had gone in. By now his confidence must be in utter tatters and if he can come back from where he is now and turn in to a useful player for us it'll be an amazing turnaround. I doubt he's even going to get the chance to do that, though.

I agree, the thing he needs is to play in a game like today with a good supply where he can't fail to get a brace...... he must hate himself today yet the whole team was too deep for the first half. You play 352 with walker and rose is almost like 3 at the back and 2 wingers, freeing up all the middle. He was so isolated it was a joke

He will get more opportunities going forward in Europa, the FA Cup, and likely some relief appearances in the league as we try and maintain fitness.

Poch will give him a season and if he doesn't want him he will move in the summer. His chances are few and far between, but he needs to make the best of them. He had a great chance today to curl one in on his left, but shot it straight at the keeper.

I so wanted him to score today, but don't think he even got a sniff - not all his fault. Hope he doesn't end up being a Rebrov or Soldado, but it's going to take a small miracle for him to make it.

Back
Top Bottom