Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We STILL lack and therefore NEED a calm experienced head as part of our strike force.

Someone who is or would be prepared to give us 20 to 25 minutes if the game required it.

Whilst I am glad we have signed another target and see that as a positive step I do sense a need for calm coldness in front of goal but also on the pitch at times. The games with West Brom, Chelsea and Southampton to a lesser extent made that point emphatically.

It is obviously not Pochettino's way to bring older players to the club and runs very much counter to someone like Mourinho but I think it's a flaw.

A few weeks to fo before the window closes. I would still love to see Shane Long at a sensible price or a similar type and a couple more players.

Essential in my mind.
Fuck off with your Shane Long nonsense.

Edit: this is statistically my most popular post

Last edited:
We STILL lack and therefore NEED a calm experienced head as part of our strike force.

Someone who is or would be prepared to give us 20 to 25 minutes if the game required it.

Whilst I am glad we have signed another target and see that as a positive step I do sense a need for calm coldness in front of goal but also on the pitch at times. The games with West Brom, Chelsea and Southampton to a lesser extent made that point emphatically.

It is obviously not Pochettino's way to bring older players to the club and runs very much counter to someone like Mourinho but I think it's a slight flaw.

A few weeks to fo before the window closes. I would still love to see Shane Long at a sensible price or a similar type and a couple more players. Berahino could still be an option arguably.

Essential in my mind.
tl:dr People like me will never be content about anything

Everyone else will be better, and I doubt that Janssen or Wanyama were signed as starters. And who knows if some players will keep up the same levels as last year, Walker for example is prone to having one good season then one poor one.
Also it was a freakish weak league with leicester winning it.
They won't be winning it this year.
I think everyone will up there game.
You would think it would be harder to get 3rd again next season.
But who knows?

& 2 early good solid signings is a good start.
good work poch & levy.
I'd like 1 more creative player. Not too fussed about another CB.

Imagine 25 years ago a kid in his bedroom cutting out the then equivalent of Janssen's head from a paper and sticking it on the Spurs player's head of a poster they have in their bedroom dreaming of the signing being done and dusted there and then

In reality no kid was even that sad, people used to actually wait for things to happen, now middle aged men waste hours waiting for the transfer kettle to boil, desperately clicking links, what a sad existence!

Apart from that, hope everyone had a great Monday

:llorisserious:

Are you suggesting this was a waste of my time...

Back
Top Bottom